WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: OK, so who do we blame now? (15-18)

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:39 pm

odom1year wrote:For this loss, I would blame Kobe.

In the 1st half, we evened the score while Kobe just took 5 shots and had a few assist.
In the 2nd half, especially the 4th quarter, the real Kobe came back. Taking 21 shots !! Likely almost every shot in the 4th. Did Lakers get any improve in offense ? NO. We scored 23 in 3rd, 22 in 4th.

Besides enjoying Kobe's scoring show in the 4th quarter, did anyone notice how many shots has been taken by D12 in the entire 2nd half ?

I hate loss. But can we have a loss that Kobe takes less than 15 shots !? And then, I can find some other reasons or players to blame about. Just want to say the truth, KOBE. The only player who can ignore all other teammates and just shoot shoot shoot...

Seriously, just stop.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:39 pm

this offense truly allow players to take some god awful shots, from Metta iso fade away 3's, to Meeks just chucking it anytime/everytime he feels like it.
khmrP

Postby 432J on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:47 pm

i still don't know whether odom1year is a troll or not but i've grown a liking for his ridiculous posts
432J

Postby odom1year on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 pm

Weezy wrote:That post is some comedy, how could anyone without an agenda blame Kobe for this loss? And JGC get real man, dude is a borderline troll, and that's being kind.

Without an agenda ? Someone takes almost all shots in a single quarter isn't an agenda ?

Looks like many fans here think taking shot is directly matching to how eager to win. Kobe taking all shots means his is the ONLY one who wants to win !? C'mon. He demands the ball, he gets the ball, he holds the ball and no surprise, he shoots the ball. Sorry, this way is not the way to win ballgames.
odom1year

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:57 pm

He made 2 impossible 3 to keep us in the game dude.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:59 pm

odom1year wrote:
Weezy wrote:That post is some comedy, how could anyone without an agenda blame Kobe for this loss? And JGC get real man, dude is a borderline troll, and that's being kind.

Without an agenda ? Someone takes almost all shots in a single quarter isn't an agenda ?

Looks like many fans here think taking shot is directly matching to how eager to win. Kobe taking all shots means his is the ONLY one who wants to win !? C'mon. He demands the ball, he gets the ball, he holds the ball and no surprise, he shoots the ball. Sorry, this way is not the way to win ballgames.

Riiiiight. It was the way to win ball games in '09 and '10, difference was the rest of the team was hungry too and, we had a great Pau, and we had a good coach. But you go ahead and keep obsessing over Kobe, I'm sure you have fun trolling that way.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 am

I think he posts comments like that to get reactions, he's getting the reaction he wants. No one really agrees with him, so ignore it.
Jazzygirl205

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:06 am

His problem is that he just takes it too far and doesn't always articulate things well. I will say though, I'm not entirely sure what he wants from Kobe, or whether he just wants Kobe to fail. If it's the latter, then I guess that does make him a borderline troll but then again, I saw some very disturbing posts in the GD thread regarding Pau today that, if said about Kobe would borderline troll.
JGC

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:16 am

432J wrote:i still don't know whether odom1year is a troll or not but i've grown a liking for his ridiculous posts

I don't think English is his first language, but he still does a pretty good job of pissing people off :man10:

I don't know why people are so easily provoked by him
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:20 am

JGC wrote:

His problem is that he just takes it too far and doesn't always articulate things well. I will say though, I'm not entirely sure what he wants from Kobe, or whether he just wants Kobe to fail. If it's the latter, then I guess that does make him a borderline troll but then again, I saw some very disturbing posts in the GD thread regarding Pau today that, if said about Kobe would borderline troll.

Trolling is maiming ridiculous posts to get a reaction. It's not trolling to express frustration at a player who is playing like a joke. It's not wrong, trolling, ridiculous, unfair, however you want to put it, to criticize Kobe. When that is ALL you do, even when the thread you post in is not about Kobe (obviously not referring to this thread, just his post history), or even when Kobe actually had a good game but you still make it a point to blame him, I don't see how anyone could seriously not see that as trolling. If you believe he has no agenda and want to make excuses for him feel free, but a thorough check of his post history and maybe getting out of denial might save you the trouble.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby clubsoto24 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:22 am

I honestly feel it's the lack of consistent effort on defense. Communication is HUGE and they don't communicate well defensively. There shouldn't be any excuse for the Lakers to allow the Nugs to score more points than us in the paint! Perhaps if they develop a good off-court relationship.. they'll only get better at this point. I'm still optimistic about this team. We'll have a player by trade-deadline and our chemistry may develop as well. *crossing fingers :jam2: :jam2:
Jimmy Kimmel asking Kobe about his back pain in an interview:
KB:I actually hurt it vacuuming.
JK: do you think your back is more sensitive from carrying the Lakers all season or.. ?
clubsoto24

Postby JGC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:28 am

Weezy wrote:
JGC wrote:

Trolling is maiming ridiculous posts to get a reaction. It's not trolling to express frustration at a player who is playing like a joke. It's not wrong, trolling, ridiculous, unfair, however you want to put it, to criticize Kobe. When that is ALL you do, even when the thread you post in is not about Kobe (obviously not referring to this thread, just his post history), or even when Kobe actually had a good game but you still make it a point to blame him, I don't see how anyone could seriously not see that as trolling. If you believe he has no agenda and want to make excuses for him feel free, but a thorough check of his post history and maybe getting out of denial might save you the trouble.

Well, I'm not sure who decides that Kobe actually had a good game, but I hear you. Just saying between the lines, some of his points are valid. He just doesn't articulate it well.

For instance, its a fair criticism IMO, to say that one player taking almost all the shots isnt a good thing and it is not a recipe for success. Is it Kobes "fault" he took them all? Partially, but certainly not entirely. The team too, defers way too much to him. I think he doesnt entirely trust his teammates though either and that has to change as well.
JGC

Postby odom1year on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:52 am

Weezy wrote:
odom1year wrote:

Riiiiight. It was the way to win ball games in '09 and '10, difference was the rest of the team was hungry too and, we had a great Pau, and we had a good coach. But you go ahead and keep obsessing over Kobe, I'm sure you have fun trolling that way.

Without a great Pau, without a good coach, but you got the best center in the league, you have to make some adjustments. Not just shooting, do some more other minor things. Get the whole team in the same sentence with you, let them involving more in the offense, build up team chemistry.
odom1year

Postby KB24 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:04 am

cant blame any one guy or coach...

this team has enough talent to be better than this with the worst coach in the league...or with any player (including Kobe) taken out of the lineup.

Its a collective failure of epic proportions...once again we are making history, unfortunetly we are on the wrong side of the fence this time around.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:27 am

LOCKDOWN DEFENSE :jam2:

David Locke @Lockedonsports about 2 hours ago
Over the last 13 games the #Lakers defensive rating is 108.1 (pts per 100 poss) - Kings are 107.1 for season, Bobcats are 107.9

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2HHBZVRwE
wcsoldier81

Postby kenzo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:31 am

Anyone still believs in...
Im about done :man6:
kenzo

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:36 am

i thought that was a great team game. the ball movement was awesome and a recipe for success. only reason we lost i thought was the turnovers which were way too much and the offensive rebounds.

faried was taken out of the equation and other guys stepped up unfortunately. we also just had bad luck with dwights block to gallo for the 3.

i think if we play like that and limit turnovers we can win games. hope that effort and ball sharing carries over and guys arent too down about this loss. hard loss bc they played more like a team i thought. defensively we have a ways to go but i thought with the ball movement it was a step in the right direction.

i wasnt too mad about this loss honestly. it sucked but i thought guys played better and shared the ball. kobe somehow still ended with 29.

our offense creates a TON of wide open midrange jumpers for our PF's so you'd think Dantoni would play Jamison more bc thats his bread and butter honestly. 4 mins is not enough got him and he needs more minutes bc hed be drilling those jumpers that pau and hill get all the time.

Dwight prob wont have the same energy against the rockets but lets hope.
Ariza3

Postby themasterphil on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 am

We all need to believe in one thing....MAYBE MDA WILL RESIGN IF WE LOSE NEXT TWO OR THREE GAMES...I just hope this can happen and I want to believe .
themasterphil

Postby hollywood swinger on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:15 am

1. i thought MDA was a legit coach but i was wrong he can't manage a roster and is chained to a system and can't coach both sides of the floor. He stinks.
2. nash isn't a starter anymore. he has no dog in him doesn't want to dominate the game anymore and not aggressive.
3. D12 is a silly clown who has no dog in him either. wants to be friends off the court and all middle school buddy buddy with everyone on roster like that matters. what a puss.
4. gasol nothing needs to be said. career is over.
pau is a puss and his career is done. he should be a full time international player and retire from the nba.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby laker911 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:27 am

That's our season I believe. It's hard to think we are going to even make the playoffs. All this can change if we can get considerable value for Pau. That is if we trade him. Screw the haters though we will always and forever be a great franchise.
laker911

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:55 am

V1n5anity wrote:
The Lakers have to go 35-14 the rest of the way to get to 50 wins, which is the number you want to hit just to make the playoffs in the West.

We're finished

Question..... This lottery pick we may have coming this year. Do we have it protected or is it traded away?
LTLakerFan

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:04 am

I believe it's lottery protected or is it next year. We traded all our 1st round picks until '16 :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Re: WMC 12/13: 25 Kobe shots? Share the ball dude (15-18)

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:05 am

trodgers wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:Taking way too many 3s. Guys not hustling after loose balls.

You misspelled "I don't like Kobe."

:man10: :man10: :jam2: :jam2:

:man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I believe it's lottery protected or is it next year. We traded all our 1st round picks until '16 :man10:

No idea that's why I'm asking, but I could see it never even crossing Mitch's mind with what he was thinking he was assembling to have a title shot, to have "lottery protected" this year's 1st round pick.

Who knows this?
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby SK8 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:28 am

Damn...
2004-05 Lakers, w/Chucky Atkins at PG & Chris Mihm at C, were 18-15 thru 33. In 2012-13, w/Nash & Dwight, LA = 15-18
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion