WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: OK, so who do we blame now? (15-18)

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:54 am

Uncle Drew wrote:Damn...
2004-05 Lakers, w/Chucky Atkins at PG & Chris Mihm at C, were 18-15 thru 33. In 2012-13, w/Nash & Dwight, LA = 15-18

its time to give Rudy T a call
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:54 am

^^^Pau got the ball quite a bit in the post last night.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:58 am

Doc Brown - He did some.... than will he the next game? the game after that?

If a pattern to how you use a guy is not set than you can't possibly expect a player to settle in and work towards it. They need to actual buy into it a bit and work on it long term for that success to come and for Gasol to have a chance to get his groove back in the low post. If it's going to once every 10 games and you don;t work it in practice trying it for a game isn't going to do much.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 pm

The way I see it the season is over in terms of winning a championship (it was Finals or bust this season) so in that sense the season is a failure

I think they will eventually start playing better because I can't imagine this team being under .500 by the end of the season, but it won't be enough. There needs to be roster changes if they want to contend next season. This season is just about figuring out what the hell they are doing on defense so they can stop being embarrassed night after night.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby khmrP on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:26 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I believe it's lottery protected or is it next year. We traded all our 1st round picks until '16 :man10:

No idea that's why I'm asking, but I could see it never even crossing Mitch's mind with what he was thinking he was assembling to have a title shot, to have "lottery protected" this year's 1st round pick.

Who knows this?

traded to Pho for Nash, unlikely its lotto protected even w/o that trade the pick would've been @ Clev discretion to switch position so even if we were lucky enough to land the #1 pick Clev would've been able to switch their picks with it due to the Sess/Walton trade.
khmrP

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:38 pm

We are definitely in some serious doo doo now. I'm pretty astonished that we just rolled over for Denver. That was a very necessary win for us at home.

Now we have to go and slug it out on the road against some tough opponents and then deal with OKC. It doesn't look good right now. Houston and SA away, plus OKC these next three games.

We lost the seemingly easy/winnable games against Philly and Denver at home. Now it only gets much harder. If we continue to lose, which seems probable at this point, we might be looking at 6 games under .500 by the end of the week.

If that happens I think something has to go down. Otherwise we risk missing the playoffs completely.

We'll have to see. Not looking good at all right now. :disagree:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:41 pm

MC wrote:Doc Brown - He did some.... than will he the next game? the game after that?

I hope not, he had Andre Miller on him in the post and got rid of it before the potato even got hot.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Remember when we would be featured in these?

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby borri on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:48 pm

^^^

Wrong. We are featured. You gotta scroll down alot longer to read about us.
borri

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
MC wrote:Doc Brown - He did some.... than will he the next game? the game after that?

I hope not, he had Andre Miller on him in the post and got rid of it before the potato even got hot.

again..going to something out of desperation is not going to get them anywhere...

it has to be a conscious decision you put energy towards for it to work out over a long hall.....

don;t worry though..... it won't happen with MDA...... he won't change and neither will our chances of winning anything.
MC

Postby hollywood swinger on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:50 pm

'how you like me now?'
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:57 pm

MC wrote:
again..going to something out of desperation is not going to get them anywhere...

it has to be a conscious decision you put energy towards for it to work out over a long hall.....

don;t worry though..... it won't happen with MDA...... he won't change and neither will our chances of winning anything.

Okay forget all the spots where Pau should be and how MDA should be playing him.....

Why does Hill put the same numbers Pau does in half the minutes? Is the offense the reason Pau can't box out and get boards and 50/50 balls on defense, like Jordan does? Is it MDA's fault, Pau doesn't give max effort to get the team extra possessions like Hill does?

As far as I'm concerned he can sit his a** on the bench until he gives after that matches his backup. It doesn't matter what offense you run, how a guy is supposed to be used, when you step on the court, you give 100% and Pau doesn't do that. So all his whining and complaining is just hot air at this point.

Hill doesn't have one play run for him and gets his on hustle, Pau should take notes, because the offense that should be taking Hill out because he's the one that really doesn't fit MDA's offense, he's thriving in.
Doc Brown

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:58 pm

^

can't imagine Jackson isn't getting a good chuckle right now .....

maybe he's working out a master plan to really bend the Buss family over the barrel when they have to fire MDA by the end of the season...... a cool 14 million sounds like a good reach around type of number lol.

j/k......... he's never coming back but it is all too funny to see this perfectly tailored roster just getting owned right now by that comment..........
MC

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
MC wrote:

Okay forget all the spots where Pau should be and how MDA should be playing him.....

Why does Hill put the same numbers Pau does in half the minutes? Is the offense the reason Pau can't box out and get boards and 50/50 balls on defense, like Jordan does? Is it MDA's fault, Pau doesn't give max effort to get the team extra possessions like Hill does?

As far as I'm concerned he can sit his a** on the bench until he gives after that matches his backup. It doesn't matter what offense you run, how a guy is supposed to be used, when you step on the court, you give 100% and Pau doesn't do that. So all his whining and complaining is just hot air at this point.

Hill doesn't have one play run for him and gets his on hustle, Pau should take notes, because the offense that should be taking Hill out because he's the one that really doesn't fit MDA's offense, he's thriving in.

Doc i can flip that around and ask why does the Spanish team get the same numbers they are accustomed to with Pau right dab in the middle of 2 NBA seasons.....

because Pau simply can't play?

Honestly .... since the failed trade.... do you honestly think these coaches have even TRIED to function with Pau? has their been any support or any glimpse of it since than? no .... just more indirect insult after insult.....

Since when do we pay our coaches to not coach? coaches work with the roster they are given..... if the roster is not right for a stretch 4 philosophy why is this not on the coach OR FO for this direction? why do they get a pass for not even trying to work something that makes sense with the roster they accumulated over the last off-season?

we can sit here and blame Pau all we want but I would bet my bottom dollar we will not be any better once they do dump him...... than what will the excuse be? Howard can't play? why can't Howard be like Hill?
this offense is designed for a P&R dummy like Hill....... that's because this system is guard ventricle, not big centric....... problem is we supposedly got 2 of the best bigs in the game....... if all of a sudden they just can't play for LA but can in other places than LA is the problem.... not the player.
Last edited by MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MC

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Olympics =/= NBA
Doc Brown

Postby MC on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:07 pm

^

Doc Brown - i know because majority of those teams didn't have NBA talent right?

again ..... some it translates but them not even masking the fact they aren't doing anything for Pau you can't sit here and make every excuse for coaching.
MC

Postby The Rock on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:08 pm

3 different head coaches, same problems. Whos the common factor? Pau

By the way offense has nothing to do with rebounding and defense and effort. Look at guys like KG/Duncan they were struggling on offense last couple of years and yet their Defensive effort didnt go down. They arent getting the ball in their spots like they used and neither are they as effective as they used to be even if they get the ball in their sweet spots and still theyre busting their behinds on defense even being much more older than Pau and having more mileage in their bodies. Pau is doneso

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dj vitus on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:15 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I believe it's lottery protected or is it next year. We traded all our 1st round picks until '16 :man10:

No idea that's why I'm asking, but I could see it never even crossing Mitch's mind with what he was thinking he was assembling to have a title shot, to have "lottery protected" this year's 1st round pick.

Who knows this?

No lottery protection, so basically we're screwed. Still have 2014 pick, though.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby ElginTheGreat on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Pau is Pau at this point. I think we have to resign to the fact that with the exception of a few games here and there we just aren't going to get that same guy who helped us win the two titles.

MDA needs to focus on creating more offensive opportunities for Dwight. Dwight is limited offensively as far as moves, but can still more than get the job done. I think as Nash gets more and more settled in with the team he is going to figure out ways to work the ball in to Dwight to get him more opportunities, but MDA could at least try to run more plays directly for D12. He is just too talented (and we don't have the consistent three point shooting) to ignore down there.
ElginTheGreat

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 pm

i thought first half pau played pretty well. he hit his shots and at the rim actually went up strong and dunked it. he was looking to score off pnr which was nice to see and was passing well. 2nd half he was gone and got hit on the nose and didnt come back.

mwp had a decent game and might be him turning around his shot.

meeks started 3-3 but finished going 0-4 :bang:

jamison knocked down that foot on the line jumper so that was nice. imagine what he can do with more than 4 mins. this offense gets sooo many open jumpers for the PF's....dantoni has to play him more! Hill can hit those and so can Pau but thats Jamison's bread and butter..thats his shot and he can get it.
Ariza3

Postby trodgers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 pm

So, we have no Dwight for a week and no Pau for a couple of games.

Nash
Meeks
Kobe
MWP
Hill

?
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby The Rock on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:34 pm

Im throwing the towel now. Wow no Howard, Pau or Hill for the 2 game Texas roadtrip. Dwight out 1 week with torn labrum. EF

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:36 pm

trodgers wrote:So, we have no Dwight for a week and no Pau for a couple of games.

Nash
Meeks
Kobe
MWP
Hill

?

Didn't the report say "at least a week"? This is what they said about Nash and we all know what happened there. Dwight could very well be out for longer

As if this team wasn't already screwed
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby trodgers on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:39 pm

This could be good for the team. :man6:
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby gcclaker on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:41 pm

Howard, Gasol and Hill out for the next few games... :man5: Not looking good.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion