borri wrote:Chillbongo wrote:borri wrote:kenzo wrote:Fixed. Can't blow it up without getting rid of Kobe's HUGE salary. Second, blowing it up = getting young. Why the hell would we want to get rid of D12?
While I agree that we NEED to go young, Dwight has proved he is incapable of being a leader, a man, reliable, and he gets SHUT down.
No post moves, WINES like a b**** and is consistently inconsistent.
He does not deserve to be the Lakers franchise player. Yeah, I said. I don't care "what he's done" or what his numbers say. Not a first option. Not the Lakers franchise player.
1. We run the wrong system to optimize D12. Even Shaq would suffer from this system.
2. Don't forget, ORL got to the finals with D12. And had deep runs into the playoffs. Remember he had to get past those Celtics before they got old like us.
3. Centers of D12's caliber are extremely hard to come by. If you have one, you KEEP him.
1. Yeah, we do run the wrong system. But that doesn't change the fact that he has no real post moves that he can put to use. Also it doesn't change that he has terrible hands and gets stripped in the paint. Doesn't change his FT shooting & doesn't change that when teams swarm, he is ineffective.
2. That ORL team had HUGE help from Lewis, Nelson, Trukoglu and others carrying the offensive load. Again, Dwight is not a 1st option (offense).
3. Yes, true, but the center position is being phased out in this league. Look at the past 2 champions--MIA DAL. OKC has Perk, but he fills his defensive role and gets hustle points. Dwight does too, but $20M is too expensive for that.