WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Down big. Get the Win? Who Knew. (24-27)

Postby King of Clutch on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:35 am

TheOp wrote:Nash and Kobe need to be attacking all game long, attack the rim and make Bosh try to help off Dwight. I pray Metta doesnt start jacking up shots this game. I want to see Kobe, Nash, and Dwight with about 15 field goals each. No bs this game.

metta just needs to go, or be benched!! He doesn't contribute anymore, and his D is overrated at this point. I hope d'antoni goes with meeks instead. That nash, meeks, kobe, clark, dwight lineup towards the end there looked beautiful.
King of Clutch

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:21 am

LeBron will get his but what about Wade? And their outside shooters who kicked our hindquarters too the last game.
Jazzygirl205

Postby KB24 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:58 am

wmc: loss to cHeat

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ice-Fire on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:00 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:LeBron will get his but what about Wade? And their outside shooters who kicked our hindquarters too the last game.

I don't think shooting killed us last time Miami played us, we just had to many turnovers..... IMO only chance we have in this game is if we either shut down Wade or Bosh... and not let Battier/Allen kill us from the 3pt line... let LeBron get his... just have to make sure not to let the others go off.
Ice-Fire

Postby KB24 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:15 am

Let LeBron get his doesn't work...he is shooting 70% from the floor and 60% from 3s in the last 5 games...he is taking only 15 shots a game while averaging more than 30 ppg...

if LeBron gets his, its a loss.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ice-Fire on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:20 am

KB24 wrote:if LeBron gets his, its a loss.

It depends how he gets his numbers, if he gets them as you mentioned then it's probably a loss.... If Howard doesn't get 15-18 FGA in this game then something was going on... or the 3pt shooting was working... either way..... I don't want to see a dunk fest in this game...
Ice-Fire

Re: WMC 12/13: Got D12, MWP but no Energy (23-27)

Postby abeer3 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:27 am

Weezy wrote:Never been less impressed with a win. The only satisfaction I take from this win is seeing this Bobcats team choke after puffing out their chests, jumping around and celebrating like they were hot stuff and thinking they had us beat and then blowing it and being stunned, that's it. That and not having to see a certain group of posters pop up to blame it all on Kobe. Other than that we should never have been down 20 to one of the most pathetic teams in the NBA in the first place, the defense was a joke most of the game, the effort was a joke, and if we play this way against Miami we'll lose by 50.

i think four of their first five buckets were on run-outs that could have been prevented by simply running back on d. i couldn't believe what i was watching. shameful stuff.

not to pin it all on one guy (lots of folks had to suck to get down 20 to charlotte), but dwight simply doesn't run the floor this year, either way. that's a huge difference from his time in orlando. he was known for beating guys up and down the floor every trip. shoulders don't stop that. not having your heart in the game does.
abeer3

Postby khmrP on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:49 am

I'm surprised anyone can still say this team "shouldn't" have done this or that. They've done these bad things ALL season long, why are we even surprised anymore? the fact we came back and won was actually the surprise to me. I means its not like we also didn't have to come back from 18 against this same team at home and in both instance, truly a sad sad thing to have to watch even with a win.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:52 pm

I think we need to post up Jamison and run some plays for him. Im sure he doesnt mind the extra scoring responsibilities. We're just strictly turning him into a spot up shooter the guy can do more than that

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:02 pm

I know its a super small sample size but Jamison is producing 1 point for every post up opportunity he gets...hes 8 for 18 in field goals attempted in the post but hes drawing fouls or making a lot of assists and rarely turning the ball over.

In comparison...Kobe the league leader is 1.12 points per post up, Gasol is .76 points per postup and Howard is .78 points per post up

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby KB24 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:07 pm

BTW whats the Lakers record in Miami in the last few years?

anybody else getting tired of Kobe always losing to LeBron? I can't actually believe it...whether it was the Cavs or the Heat...they always beat the Lakers rather easily. :mad1:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:09 pm

KB24 wrote:BTW whats the Lakers record in Miami in the last few years?

anybody else getting tired of Kobe always losing to LeBron? I can't actually believe it...whether it was the Cavs or the Heat...they always beat the Lakers rather easily. :mad1:

we haven't won in Miami since 2008 lol it was like a few weeks after Pau got traded to us. Last time we beat Lebron on the road was in 2009 (I think we broke their home winning streak of like 25 games or something), but we beat Lebron/Wade at home last year granted Bosh didnt play

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ice-Fire on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:10 pm

KB24 wrote:BTW whats the Lakers record in Miami in the last few years?

anybody else getting tired of Kobe always losing to LeBron? I can't actually believe it...whether it was the Cavs or the Heat...they always beat the Lakers rather easily.

I agree!!!!! :bang: we need to somehow win tomorrow's game I really cannot take the fact that LeBron get's the best out of Kobe in every match-up basically...... if we win tomorrow I think we will go on and win the championship if we lose we're probably gonna miss the playoffs.
Ice-Fire

Postby purp n gold on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:12 pm

If you guys needed some cheer:

Other than that I F!*&%ing hate Dwyane (dwy-ann) Wade
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 pm

They always let Haslem or whoever is the screener for him get away with moving screens it pisses me off. He never beats us one on one its those damn moving screens and over the years Bynum, Gasol, Odom and now Howard are too slow to contest Wade's floater in the paint. Its the same damn play over and over again, screen up top to open him up in the 5 to 15 foot area

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Nashty Gal on Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:51 pm

tomorrow's gonna suck.

The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby The Rock on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Since we're playing Miami it got me thinking

You look at someone like Chris Bosh...Hes a perennial all star in Toronto, averaging 20/9 for his career, the primary option for them and he goes to Miami, he gets disrespected by the fans, the media and even by his own fans. He doesn't get many plays runs for him. He doesn't get the ball in his comfort spots on the floor. He gets ignored for long stretches of the game and shoots whatever is left over from Lebron and Wade and yet the guy goes out there and competes hard, he lays his body out drawing charges. I know hes soft, I know he can put up some weak shots but the guy at the end of the day competes hard in both ends and thats why hes helped his team get to 2 straight Finals and Gasol hasn't when seemingly Gasol is supposed to be the most skilled big man in the league. You dont see Bosh pouting and complaining that he doesnt get the ball in his sweet spots or gets ignored on the floor and stop competing. Guys like Howard, Gasol and even Bynum and Odom could learn something from him

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JGC on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:49 am

The Rock wrote:Since we're playing Miami it got me thinking

You look at someone like Chris Bosh...Hes a perennial all star in Toronto, averaging 20/9 for his career, the primary option for them and he goes to Miami, he gets disrespected by the fans, the media and even by his own fans. He doesn't get many plays runs for him. He doesn't get the ball in his comfort spots on the floor. He gets ignored for long stretches of the game and shoots whatever is left over from Lebron and Wade and yet the guy goes out there and competes hard, he lays his body out drawing charges. I know hes soft, I know he can put up some weak shots but the guy at the end of the day competes hard in both ends and thats why hes helped his team get to 2 straight Finals and Gasol hasn't when seemingly Gasol is supposed to be the most skilled big man in the league. You dont see Bosh pouting and complaining that he doesnt get the ball in his sweet spots or gets ignored on the floor and stop competing. Guys like Howard, Gasol and even Bynum and Odom could learn something from him

The distribution of shots is a lot better in Miami. There's a 'pecking order' so to speak, but the big dogs get the best/most food, and then the rest of the pack splits the leftovers. You've got the big 3 at 18, 16, 13 attempts per game.

With us, on paper, we only have 1 big dog that gets the best/most food. Everyone else gets to split the leftovers. You've got the big 1 at 21. Everyone else is the same. 11, 11, 10, 9, 7, 7.

But it's not just the number of shots, per se. That's only part of the problem.

I think people just need to read between the lines a little bit when they hear complaints about not enough touches or shots. The complaint isn't that their usage rate, or number of possessions, or whatever numeric value they are currently averaging isn't up to par. It's a combination of factors. Number of shots, types of shots and quality of looks. D12 touching the ball at the 3pt line is 1 touch as is a lob dunk. Give him 15 touches at the 3pt line versus 15 lob dunks will yield very different post-game commentary.

In order to keep people happy on the basketball court, there's only ONE simple thing that needs to happen.

They need to be involved at or near to the degree they expect they should be involved. (Easier said than done, but that's really it).
JGC

Postby borri on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Eh...not expecting much today in terms of a victory.
borri

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:21 pm

The Rock wrote:Since we're playing Miami it got me thinking

1. How come Bosh doesn't get the ball in his sweet spots ? He's a very good midrange J (this year great) , always has been ... he gets less touches but he knew that as soon as he signed with the Heat

2. the criticism is warranted ... can't get a rebound to save his life in most of his Heat tenure

These are his TRB% :man10:

3. Ever heard of LO coming from the bench for two titles ?
wcsoldier81

Postby NewDynasty on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:26 pm

They are murdering us on the boards
NewDynasty

Postby Kit on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:31 pm

The ball just bounces to their way all day.
Kit

Postby Ice-Fire on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:00 pm

If MWP doesn't get traded I'm turning off the TWC Network.
Ice-Fire

Postby Biz on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Dwight had an amazing first half....then we don't go to him at all in the 2nd half. I think he had 1 shot that wasn't an offensive rebound in the second half other than his And1 with a minute to go when the game was over. That 4th quarter was horrendous...Kobe iso is just not going to cut it.
Biz

Postby dak22 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:07 pm

WMC: Hey at least made Lebron foul 4 times. Moral Victory Achieved
dak22

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion