WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby Weezy on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:59 pm

The Rock wrote:My WMC< where was this kind of urgency and intensity been all year


Seriously. If they CAN start ball games with this much energy, if they CAN play this hard on defense, why the hell don't they? If they did it more often than not this season we wouldn't be fighting for the 8th seed.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby noobiew on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:01 pm

Can we play this type of defense every games ? please
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5654
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby Jellincon on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Weezy wrote:
The Rock wrote:My WMC< where was this kind of urgency and intensity been all year


Seriously. If they CAN start ball games with this much energy, if they CAN play this hard on defense, why the hell don't they? If they did it more often than not this season we wouldn't be fighting for the 8th seed.


Especially this. If not for the consistent effort on D all game, this probably would have been another blowout considering how bad we struggled to score.
Jellincon

 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby gill on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:05 pm

My WMC: so I guess Duhon and Morris does have some use off the bench. So why couldn't MDA play them to give the backcourt a bit of a rest the last couple of games? :man5:
User avatar
gill

 
Posts: 19356
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby odom1year on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:13 pm

noobiew wrote:Good job Lakers, props to D12 for his impressive performance.


He can be our 1st option.
odom1year

 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:13 pm

gill wrote:My WMC: so I guess Duhon and Morris does have some use off the bench. So why couldn't MDA play them to give the backcourt a bit of a rest the last couple of games? :man5:


Duhon had 3 TO's in 4 minutes of playing time.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:19 pm

It went from haters saying Lakers wont make it to .500 to Lakers wont make the playoffs to Lakers won make it past the 1st round now Lol I can sense the irritation on Twitter. 17-25 to now realistically finishing the year with 45 wins, think about the amount of progress we've made this year, the West is so ridiculously tough.
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19996
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby Finwë on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Weezy wrote:
The Rock wrote:My WMC< where was this kind of urgency and intensity been all year


Seriously. If they CAN start ball games with this much energy, if they CAN play this hard on defense, why the hell don't they? If they did it more often than not this season we wouldn't be fighting for the 8th seed.

It's definitely a head scratcher.
I guess part of it is age / health, but it doesn't justify a lot of what we saw in many games before. You gotta wonder where we'd be if we played with 3/4 of the effort we gave tonight..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Is that the 1st game refereed by Joey Crawford where he did his job properly? I didnt notice many bad calls/attention [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] tactics by him
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19996
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby Juronimo on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:00 pm

The Rock wrote:Is that the 1st game refereed by Joey Crawford where he did his job properly? I didnt notice many bad calls/attention [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] tactics by him


Well we were playing the Spurs. We all know Joey Crawford and Tim Duncan are best friends.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6598
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby JGC on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:38 am

Finwë wrote:
Weezy wrote:
The Rock wrote:My WMC< where was this kind of urgency and intensity been all year


Seriously. If they CAN start ball games with this much energy, if they CAN play this hard on defense, why the hell don't they? If they did it more often than not this season we wouldn't be fighting for the 8th seed.

It's definitely a head scratcher.
I guess part of it is age / health, but it doesn't justify a lot of what we saw in many games before. You gotta wonder where we'd be if we played with 3/4 of the effort we gave tonight..


I think part of it is the absence of Kobe. He is such a dominating presence on the court, that I think sometimes the teammates just expect him to do everything. The game reminded me a lot of the Indiana game that we won without Kobe.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:42 am

I think it's something like - they know they have a bailout on O so they take plays off. Now without Kobe, they know where they need to get the job done (on defense)....and looked damn good doing it.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:46 am

My WMC is this....I KNEW they would come out with intensity, effort, and play their hardest without Kobe....why wouldn't they do this WITH Kobe? Now that he's out, you can expect these guys to bring this kind of effort every night and probably shock a lot of ppl...I knew as soon as Kobe went down this team was gonna win their last 2 games....because teams are gonna take us lightly and we were gonna bust on them in the way that opposing teams always bust on us when they have their star player out. Not to mention, our team is still pretty talented without Kobe....i mean Pau went 3 for 17 and we still won the game. That's insane.

Other than that, i really have no WMC about the game itself....more so where was this all year long....

Also another WMC is people already saying Lakers play better without Kobe...gotta be kidding me.
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:54 am

The Rock wrote:It went from haters saying Lakers wont make it to .500 to Lakers wont make the playoffs to Lakers won make it past the 1st round now Lol I can sense the irritation on Twitter. 17-25 to now realistically finishing the year with 45 wins, think about the amount of progress we've made this year, the West is so ridiculously tough.



so true...can't believe we were 17-25 at one point
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby The Laker Link on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:55 am

Warriors have 1.5 games on us right now, and they have to play the Blazers and the Spurs.......maybe we can leap frog to 7th and still get the Spurs while they have to face the Thunder
User avatar
The Laker Link

 
Posts: 8088
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: Orange, CA and Provo, UT

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:59 am

The Laker Link wrote:Warriors have 1.5 games on us right now, and they have to play the Blazers and the Spurs.......maybe we can leap frog to 7th and still get the Spurs while they have to face the Thunder



I would love this scenario the most...or if Houston loses tonight, and we beat them on Wednesday, that's another way of obtaining 7th. We can also get 6th if both GS and Houston lose out. Crazy scenarios I tell ya!
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11764
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:00 am

So you're saying there's a chance?
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:02 am

FabFourLakers wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:Warriors have 1.5 games on us right now, and they have to play the Blazers and the Spurs.......maybe we can leap frog to 7th and still get the Spurs while they have to face the Thunder



I would love this scenario the most...or if Houston loses tonight, and we beat them on Wednesday, that's another way of obtaining 7th. We can also get 6th if both GS and Houston lose out. Crazy scenarios I tell ya!

Houston losing is more likely, but if either of them drop down below us, we'll be dodging a huge bullet. We would actually take that series I think.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby Finwë on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:06 am

JGC wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Weezy wrote:
The Rock wrote:My WMC< where was this kind of urgency and intensity been all year


Seriously. If they CAN start ball games with this much energy, if they CAN play this hard on defense, why the hell don't they? If they did it more often than not this season we wouldn't be fighting for the 8th seed.

It's definitely a head scratcher.
I guess part of it is age / health, but it doesn't justify a lot of what we saw in many games before. You gotta wonder where we'd be if we played with 3/4 of the effort we gave tonight..


I think part of it is the absence of Kobe. He is such a dominating presence on the court, that I think sometimes the teammates just expect him to do everything. The game reminded me a lot of the Indiana game that we won without Kobe.

It's probably more like the losing-Rondo effect the Celtics experienced.. You lose your best player, one you are deemed unable to win without (by the media and fans), and instead of folding and losing games, your team finds a way to win through colective effort and just going all out -> they wanna prove they can win, they wanna prove they have the talent to do it, they wanna show the doubters what's up, and they are motivated to win "for" their star who's unfortunately injured, i.e. "win for Kobe" or "we gotcha Kob" etc.
It can lead to a nice little run, like the Cs went on, but eventually it becomes obvious that in no way the team is "better" without the star.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby khmrP on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:49 pm

The Rock wrote:It went from haters saying Lakers wont make it to .500 to Lakers wont make the playoffs to Lakers won make it past the 1st round now Lol I can sense the irritation on Twitter. 17-25 to now realistically finishing the year with 45 wins, think about the amount of progress we've made this year, the West is so ridiculously tough.


this is exactly how Fat Boy Barkley sounded last week during an interview with Dan Patricks :man10: , he basically said "I still dont think they'll make the playoffs but if they do they'll going to get dominated" and he says dominated in a way only he could, imagine the way he says athletic and apply that to dominated.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby odom1year on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:54 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
The Laker Link wrote:Warriors have 1.5 games on us right now, and they have to play the Blazers and the Spurs.......maybe we can leap frog to 7th and still get the Spurs while they have to face the Thunder



I would love this scenario the most...or if Houston loses tonight, and we beat them on Wednesday, that's another way of obtaining 7th. We can also get 6th if both GS and Houston lose out. Crazy scenarios I tell ya!


Facing Spurs should be our best way out in playoffs, especially Ginobini is out.
odom1year

 
Posts: 3396
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:20 pm

43-37 remains unchanged in the title....bad juju
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7849
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: WMC 12/13: (43-37)

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:52 pm

rather face spurs than okc honestly. both are tough but its the lesser of 2 evils imho.

if rockets lose to suns down (41-36) then if we win we can get 7th and face the spurs. im praying
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: (44-37)

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:57 pm

of course Beasely goes off for the Suns against us. Plays the Rockets and doesnt even try
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: (44-37)

Postby Tragic on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:00 pm

Ariza3 wrote:of course Beasely goes off for the Suns against us. Plays the Rockets and doesnt even try


He was trying to showcase his talent to mitch so he can sign him in the future lol
User avatar
Tragic

 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 10 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.