WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Came up short (0-1)

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Yeah BUT. We are effing HANDICAPPED. Coach Go Go Go vs freaking Popovich. That is huge to overcome for the team. I am dead effing serious if Kobe was head coach for this series we would have a shot.
LTLakerFan

Postby JGC on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:46 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Yeah BUT. We are effing HANDICAPPED. Coach Go Go Go vs freaking Popovich. That is huge to overcome for the team. I am dead effing serious if Kobe was head coach for this series we would have a shot.

We can't just keep pointing to things that can't, won't and aren't happening and then pretend that if they could or would happen, that it would change everything.
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:54 pm

Who did that? I stated a fact. You talk about this superior team and are going to leave the huge coaching discrepancy out of it? Our roster is better than what it has shown even with all the goddamned injuries. Let Go Go Go coach Pop's roster against the Lakers roster right now with Pops coaching it instead, injuries and all and it is a "contested" series at the very least.
LTLakerFan

Postby karacha on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:02 pm

^

Yes, but that does not necessarily contribute to the discussion, because MDA is, and will continue to be our coach in this series. Discussing what would happen if that was Phil, or Pop, or Kobe or my grandpa... is pure fantasy. Of course, yes, there is coaching discrepancy. Pop is better then any other coach in the league; certainly better then MDA. That's a given.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:24 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Who did that? I stated a fact. You talk about this superior team and are going to leave the huge coaching discrepancy out of it? Our roster is better than what it has shown even with all the goddamned injuries. Let Go Go Go coach Pop's roster against the Lakers roster right now with Pops coaching it instead, injuries and all and it is a "contested" series at the very least.

This. Dude, if MDA coached the Spurs and Pop coached us, we would win. WE HAVE DWIGHT HOWARD AND PAU GASOL! Pop would cream himself to victory
Chillbongo

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:42 pm

karacha wrote:^

Yes, but that does not necessarily contribute to the discussion, because MDA is, and will continue to be our coach in this series. Discussing what would happen if that was Phil, or Pop, or Kobe or my grandpa... is pure fantasy. Of course, yes, there is coaching discrepancy. Pop is better then any other coach in the league; certainly better then MDA. That's a given.

UMMM....it is the WMC thread after all.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:43 pm

JGC wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:Yeah BUT. We are effing HANDICAPPED. Coach Go Go Go vs freaking Popovich. That is huge to overcome for the team. I am dead effing serious if Kobe was head coach for this series we would have a shot.

We can't just keep pointing to things that can't, won't and aren't happening and then pretend that if they could or would happen, that it would change everything.

See title of thread. OUT.
LTLakerFan

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:44 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:Who did that? I stated a fact. You talk about this superior team and are going to leave the huge coaching discrepancy out of it? Our roster is better than what it has shown even with all the goddamned injuries. Let Go Go Go coach Pop's roster against the Lakers roster right now with Pops coaching it instead, injuries and all and it is a "contested" series at the very least.

This. Dude, if MDA coached the Spurs and Pop coached us, we would win. WE HAVE DWIGHT HOWARD AND PAU GASOL! Pop would cream himself to victory

Only problem with that is....

We'd have to pay 29.95 to watch the game and it wouldn't be on basic cable.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby JGC on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:49 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
JGC wrote:

See title of thread. OUT.

If the title of thread were more optimistic, our season would have been better, we'd beat the Spurs and win the NBA championship.

Too bad.
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:54 pm

What are you talking about? Again?? I am simply pissed about the discrepancy and handicap we have with coaches, with you waxing poetic about their "superior" team. I am PISSED that Dan treated Kobe the way he did with his tweets and his jack hole comment about them when asked. The arrogant dick. Kobe would coach circles around him and he laughs at the help attempt from his star player that killed himself all year to get them there. "COMPLAIN"
LTLakerFan

Postby JGC on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:09 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:What are you talking about? Again?? I am simply pissed about the discrepancy and handicap we have with coaches, with you waxing poetic about their "superior" team. I am PISSED that Dan treated Kobe the way he did with his tweets and his jack hole comment about them when asked. The arrogant dick. Kobe would coach circles around him and he laughs at the help attempt from his star player that killed himself all year to get them there. "COMPLAIN"

Relax man, LOL.

MDA was just trying to make it seem like it was no big deal.

I think you read way too much in to the eye rolling thing.
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:16 pm

JGC wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:What are you talking about? Again?? I am simply pissed about the discrepancy and handicap we have with coaches, with you waxing poetic about their "superior" team. I am PISSED that Dan treated Kobe the way he did with his tweets and his jack hole comment about them when asked. The arrogant dick. Kobe would coach circles around him and he laughs at the help attempt from his star player that killed himself all year to get them there. "COMPLAIN"

Relax man, LOL.

I completely disagree. I wondered what the dynamic would be with Kobe offering 17 years of experienced observations about how to play Timmy, Pops and the Spurs, if he would accept it even though not the best "look" for him..... for the greater good. Especially since Mitch just gave him the vote of confidence. Well that was your answer. NO. He resents it and doesn't take it seriously. In my never to be humble opinion. No big deal. OK, yeah sure.
LTLakerFan

Postby JGC on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
JGC wrote:

Relax man, LOL.

I completely disagree. I wondered what the dynamic would be with Kobe offering 17 years of experienced observations about how to play Timmy, Pops and the Spurs, if he would accept it even though not the best "look" for him..... for the greater good. Especially since Mitch just gave him the vote of confidence. Well that was your answer. NO. He resents it and doesn't take it seriously. In my never to be humble opinion. No big deal. OK, yeah sure.

He was tweeting. Let's not overstate what Kobe was doing here. He wasn't offering up coaching tips or strategies. He was live tweeting, as a fan, like we do in the Gameday threads. Players can't even tweet anymore without it being overblown as "consulting services" ... sheesh.

If he were truly offering real insightful strategies in to how to beat the Spurs, he'd be the biggest moron on the planet to do it in a public forum for the world, including the Spurs, to see. Maybe that's why he's getting off Twitter? And he'll send his coaching strategies via SMS this time instead.

The media certainly blows a lot of things out of proportion but, haha, cmon guys, this is getting ridic.
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:50 pm

JGC wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:
JGC wrote:

Relax man, LOL.

He was tweeting. Let's not overstate what Kobe was doing here. He wasn't offering up coaching tips or strategies. He was live tweeting, as a fan, like we do in the Gameday threads. Players can't even tweet anymore without it being overblown as "consulting services" ... sheesh.

If he were truly offering real insightful strategies in to how to beat the Spurs, he'd be the biggest moron on the planet to do it in a public forum for the world, including the Spurs, to see. Maybe that's why he's getting off Twitter? And he'll send his coaching strategies via SMS this time instead.

The media certainly blows a lot of things out of proportion but, haha, cmon guys, this is getting ridic.

You really haven't got the first clue about Kobe Bryant the guy you constantly nit pick to death if he doesn't play exactly as how you in your armchair need him to play to be happy, if you really believe that. That is worthy of

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Is it an effective way to help? NO. But it is all he has at this point.
LTLakerFan

Postby JGC on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:56 pm

^ Actually, I do have a clue about Kobe.

I think Kobe is a lot smarter than you give him credit for.

I have to believe if he really thought he was relaying actual strategy, he would have done it in a more confidential manner.

Anyone who is publicly broadcasting the actual strategy any sports team should employ would be a moron and could cost that team a victory for handing said strategy to the opposition!
JGC

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:13 pm

JGC wrote:^ Actually, I do have a clue about Kobe.

I think Kobe is a lot smarter than you give him credit for.

I have to believe if he really thought he was relaying actual strategy, he would have done it in a more confidential manner.

Anyone who is publicly broadcasting the actual strategy any sports team should employ would be a moron and could cost that team a victory for handing said strategy to the opposition!

See....there you go....just called him a "moron". What was inaccurate about what he was tweeting, tell me, vs what was actually going on in the game that Dan wasn't adjusting to???

Again, look, do I think he expected in real time Dan to be checking his tweets from the bench. NO. But maybe being a bit naive with how the coach and team might want to be hearing his thoughts, maybe he is hoping that someone there is picking them up in the training room, wherever the bleep, and relaying. He sure can't keep "calling" people on the cell in real time so what's left.... tweets. Trying his damndest to do something.

I have more of a problem with your take just laughing off Dan's response about it as if it wasn't disrespectful. You saw Kobe's tweet, "Fan?" Right? Stephen A. and Skip for once were right on about their long rant on it. Who the hell is Dan Tony to laugh Kobe off like that???? Just blurts stuff out, whatever he's feeling at the time without even thinking.
LTLakerFan

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:52 pm

when you have to rely heavily on the likes of darius morris, what chance do you really think you have against anyone
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:08 pm

I don't mind losing to the Spurs, they don't really have any unlikeable players.

It's like this series will just blow by and no one will remember it
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby karacha on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Pau, man... come on, hit some shots.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:15 pm

this team is just asking to be put out of its misery. limping into the playoffs...now bleeding out on the side of the court
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Re: WMC 12/13: And down goes the Lakers (0-2)

Postby ipdd on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:17 pm

lol
Attachments
532939_10151370411806363_110496435_n.jpg
ipdd

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:18 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:this team is just asking to be put out of its misery. limping into the playoffs...now bleeding out on the side of the court

Truth. I thought they gave a pretty valiant effort in game one. But it's mercy kill time at this point. Looking very realistically like a sweep. Too many injuries. Too bad of a coach. If we get swept does that have any effect on a possible coaching fire? Please?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:20 pm

"we all know how to play basketball" :man10: :man10: :man10:
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby thkthebest on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm

One by one, the Lakers players are falling apart.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:42 pm

What other team can say that all their top people have been out significant time this year?
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion