WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: And down goes the Lakers (0-2)

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:47 pm

no one in the playoffs has been injured as much as us.i honestly thought from the start that next year would be what we were expecting this year. it wasnt about the team playing better it was injuries and the fact that no one has really played together.

dwight
nash
hill
blake
pau
jamison
metta
kobe

its ridiculous. and bc of it ill give the entire team a pass this year. just getting 7th seed was unreal considering. as long as we win one lousy game against the spurs and actually guard manu ill be happy. dantoni doesnt really know how to utilize his talent and should have coached to his team from the start instead of pushing his offense that doesnt fit our best players kobe and dwight.
Ariza3

Postby thkthebest on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:51 pm

Scnottaken wrote:What other team can say that all their top people have been out significant time this year?

The Wolves.

Pekovic and Kirilenko missed like a quarter of the season.
Love and Budinger missed basically the entire season.
Rubio came back from his ACL injury mid-season.
Roy played like 1 game. Lol.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:55 pm

Jodie Meeks MRI Friday
Steve Blake ultrasound tomorrow

asdoipfuaspdfaspdfpsdf

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Dwight
Blake
Nash
Hill
Pau
Metta
Jamison
Kobe
Meeks

Who else is gunna get injured and miss time?? :bang: :disagree:

all thats left is duhon, glock, morris, ebanks, sacre
Ariza3

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:03 pm

thkthebest wrote:
Scnottaken wrote:What other team can say that all their top people have been out significant time this year?

The Wolves.

Pekovic and Kirilenko missed like a quarter of the season.
Love and Budinger missed basically the entire season.
Rubio came back from his ACL injury mid-season.
Roy played like 1 game. Lol.

To be fair, they kinda asked for it when they signed Roy.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm

"It's like Mr. and Mrs. Injury parked their Winnebago in front of the Lakers team.” - 'Big Game' James Worthy
Ariza3

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 pm

just win 1 game, thats all I asked for and shocker another injury :man6:
khmrP

Postby bnr034 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:08 pm

So... Does this mean we are the ones that are popping T-Mac's cherry????
bnr034

Postby BDG on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:12 pm

bnr034 wrote:So... Does this mean we are the ones that are popping T-Mac's cherry????
LOL! Totally forgot about this ...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 pm

He made it past the 2nd round in 2009 with HOU right? How is this any different. Hes sitting on the sidelines doing nothing

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:16 pm

bnr034 wrote:So... Does this mean we are the ones that are popping T-Mac's cherry????

The Spurs have already bent us over with no Vaseline. T-MAC's getting sloppy seconds...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:41 am

Excuse us to the ladies in the crowd. :man10:

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:09 am

Ginobili 31pts in 38 min

Lakers bench 34 pts in 123 min
wcsoldier81

Postby ShowTime_IR on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:34 am

He needs to get the MVP award now that everybody sees how BAD this team is without him.
I even think he made Earl Clark the "star" everybody thought he was for a period of time.
ShowTime_IR

Postby abeer3 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:50 am

my wmc: the way howard was officiated wasn't fair. the bulk of his offensive fouls are arm clear-outs AFTER somebody has grabbed him. hopefully, the lakers have sent some tape of SA's general strategy (hit first, then flop). tiago splitter and matt bonner should have fouled out in 5 minutes each.

related note: that one foul by bonner (on the shot that howard made to tie it up in the second quarter) was a clear flagrant. you can't grab a guy with two arms, from behind, above the shoulder, and have anyone believe it's a play on the ball. it's dangerous, too.

i get why howard was laughing after a certain point: what exactly was he supposed to do out there? he tried to fight back and got whistled. his superior strength is being used against him. if a guy can grab both of his arms to keep him off the offensive boards, he should be allowed to toss said guy like a rag doll in pursuit of the rebound. just call it consistently, and howard will prevail over the spurs' weak bigs.
abeer3

Postby JGC on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:03 am

^ I thought a couple of the calls were weak as well. There was one in particular, where he sort of, used his upper body to bang in to ... I wanna say it was Splitter and he got whistled for an offensive foul. He didn't dislodge him, use excessive force, or use his arm IMO.
JGC

Postby Tragic on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:34 am

The Rock wrote:Image

lol
Tragic

Postby Armani on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:36 am

Injuries... Nash wobbling, Blake hurt, Meeks hurt, Kobe gone... this season = worst luck in terms of injuries. :bang: :bang: :bang:
Armani

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:39 am

abeer3 wrote:my wmc: the way howard was officiated wasn't fair. the bulk of his offensive fouls are arm clear-outs AFTER somebody has grabbed him. hopefully, the lakers have sent some tape of SA's general strategy (hit first, then flop). tiago splitter and matt bonner should have fouled out in 5 minutes each.

related note: that one foul by bonner (on the shot that howard made to tie it up in the second quarter) was a clear flagrant. you can't grab a guy with two arms, from behind, above the shoulder, and have anyone believe it's a play on the ball. it's dangerous, too.

i get why howard was laughing after a certain point: what exactly was he supposed to do out there? he tried to fight back and got whistled. his superior strength is being used against him. if a guy can grab both of his arms to keep him off the offensive boards, he should be allowed to toss said guy like a rag doll in pursuit of the rebound. just call it consistently, and howard will prevail over the spurs' weak bigs.

^^ Have to totally agree with this.

The refs better give Howard better treatment here at home.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:43 am

Lakerjones wrote:
abeer3 wrote:my wmc: the way howard was officiated wasn't fair. the bulk of his offensive fouls are arm clear-outs AFTER somebody has grabbed him. hopefully, the lakers have sent some tape of SA's general strategy (hit first, then flop). tiago splitter and matt bonner should have fouled out in 5 minutes each.

^^ Have to totally agree with this.

The refs better give Howard better treatment here at home.

This.

And even Stu and MacDonald saw that their strategy with Dwight's 5 fouls was to go at him and flop the f*** around trying to draw the last one. It was pathetic. I thought Popovich would be above that. What is this a college intramural game?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JLaker17 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:02 am

Not one to complain about the refs, but I absolutely agree with this. It was frustrating to watch, I could only imagine how Howard felt.
JLaker17

Postby Forward Three on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 am

We all knew it was a long shot going into this series, but somehow it felt like the Lakers had a better-than-you'd-believe chance regardless, something about the way the Spurs play vs. the way the Lakers play(if you can call what the Lakers do this season a 'way' of playing).

The WMC really is just that we saw glimpses of exactly that chance manifesting itself. There were times in both games when the Lakers seemed to have control of the game(if not the scoreboard) and were treading water just fine. But realistically, those times were more a result of the Spurs slacking off a bit than the Lakers necessarily overachieving.

The spurs might be older and more beaten up but their 1-2-3 punch in Duncan, Parker and Ginobili still works and it felt like in both games the Spurs would just sort of 'okay, Ginobili, score 10 points, great, now Parker, do something, great, now Duncan" and the Lakers simply did not and do not have a counter to that.

I hope the Lakers can at least make it respectable and win the next game and even win the next 2 games, but I don't see anyway they win this series.
Forward Three

Postby Chillbongo on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:43 am

Forward Three wrote:The WMC really is just that we saw glimpses of exactly that chance manifesting itself. There were times in both games when the Lakers seemed to have control of the game(if not the scoreboard) and were treading water just fine. But realistically, those times were more a result of the Spurs slacking off a bit than the Lakers necessarily overachieving.

Word...if a few things had gone differently at key moments, we'd be in the game. We're battling, battling, and then the Spurs just pour it on.

I remember why I hate Ginobli again. I hate the mother f*****. Great player but I f***** can't stand him. I literally flashed back to 2000-2004 and I start saying bad things about Argentina. 31 POINTS SERIOUSLY WTF. God damn I'm going to the game on Friday...I just want to see a W.
Chillbongo

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:48 am

have we even won a quarter?
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion