WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: And down goes the Lakers (0-2)

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:59 pm

that backcourt............ :hurl:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby LooN3y on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:36 pm

that feeling when you feel like you should of given up hope long time ago, back in december.

yeah im feeling that right now, season felt so short, since all i was doing was "waiting" for them to come back
LooN3y

Postby nthydro on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:54 pm

ThizGuy83 wrote:
nthydro wrote:The only way this season can get worse is if the team plane crashes :bang:

thats somethin to not even joke around with

Yeah I know...its more frustration and venting than joking though

I just hope somehow Memphis or New York can win it all. Anyone but the Heat, Warriors, or Clippers :disagree:
nthydro

Postby Aonex on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:11 pm

nthydro wrote:
ThizGuy83 wrote:
nthydro wrote:The only way this season can get worse is if the team plane crashes :bang:

I just hope somehow Memphis or New York can win it all. Anyone but the Heat, Warriors, or Clippers :disagree:

Clippers aren't getting past OKC, so not worried about them... I just hope OKC can beat Miami.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby dj vitus on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Who posted that Thelma & Louise vid a few months ago? Yeah, that's what I feel like we're headed towards...
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby SpencerHarrison on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:04 am

I loathe to say it, but the recent batch of injuries is too much. I thought a 3 man game of Blake, Howard and Pau could make this a series. Blake was the firepower to clear out the paint. Without that? Tough sledding.

What a season. It showed me Kobe Bryant is an athlete that actually inspires me as an adult, Steve Nash should retire, I was wrong about D12 (he is the future), Metta World Peace is a great laker, Pau was playing hurt and good head coaches are worth their weight in gold.

I learned a lot about the game of basketball through watching all those losses, and it gave me a deeper appreciation of the success LA has had for so long. Next season will be exciting.

As for these last games, I think I can finally just relax and check out how our scrubs do. I'd love to see Pau flip the legendary switch and drop 40 for a home win, but I think it's safe to say the Lakers are due to shut things down and take a breath. They did the fans and Buss family proud by clawing back and respectably making the playoffs, but it's just time for this absurdity to end. 2012/13 is a wrap. Let's see what Mitch, Kobe, D12 and company have for next year.
SpencerHarrison

Postby odom1year on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:28 am

Aonex wrote:
Clippers aren't getting past OKC, so not worried about them... I just hope OKC can beat Miami.

If Lakers are out, this is my hope too.
odom1year

Postby abeer3 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:57 am

i want to see a spirited effort for the rest of the games. show some will to finish the season, and don't combust/pack it in like they have the past two playoffs when the going got tough. winning isn't possible now, but playing with heart and pride is. i thought this team did well to battle back and make the playoffs, and they'd do well to be competitive in these last 2-3 games.
abeer3

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:09 am

Aonex wrote:
nthydro wrote:
ThizGuy83 wrote:

Westbrook just had knee surgery and is out indefinitely...we need Memphis to win this series
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:26 am

^ Damn, I didn't see that. Hopefully Durant can still carry them.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby nthydro on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Thunders should still be able to beat the Clippers without Westbrook, and maybe the Grizzlies. I don't think they can beat the Spurs though.
nthydro

Postby JGC on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:44 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:^ Damn, I didn't see that. Hopefully Durant can still carry them.

Actually, that had me thinking today ... what's worse? To have all of your injuries happen at once, or, just have one major injury to the second most important piece of your team in the first round of the playoffs as a top seed going in?

I think most of us felt this postseason was a lost cause even prior to Bryant's injury, but imagine being considered one of the top two contenders and then losing your second best player.
JGC

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:05 pm

I'd rather be in the Thunder's shoes right now then the Lakers...

It's been a painful season, and going into the playoffs with absolutely little chance of getting anywhere is debilitating as a fan.

At last OKC is deep enough to still make noise. I just hate the fact that our team is just riddled with injuries.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby JGC on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:08 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:I'd rather be in the Thunder's shoes right now then the Lakers...

It's been a painful season, and going into the playoffs with absolutely little chance of getting anywhere is debilitating as a fan.

At last OKC is deep enough to still make noise. I just hate the fact that our team is just riddled with injuries.

Yeah but you weren't expecting to make a trip to the NBA Finals with us, even if we were healthy going in were you?

With OKC, they were expected to make it to the NBA Finals for a date with the Heat.

I would much rather deal with injuries in a season where we head in to the playoffs as a 7 seed where we're all but guaranteed not to win it all, than in a season where we win 60+ games, are a top 2 contender and heavy favorite to come out of the West.
JGC

Postby thkthebest on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:21 pm

Nobody would expect to make the NBA files with the injuries we've had. Pick any team.

Have their best player out with a ruptured achilles 2 games before the playoffs. (Kobe)
Have their second best player coming back from back surgery. (Dwight)
Have their third and fourth best players miss nearly half the season. (Nash/Gasol)
Have a critical bench player miss nearly half the season. (Blake)
Have another critical bench player miss almost the entire season. (Hill)
Have another bench player playing with an injured wrist. (Jamison)

Have a third of your team missing the playoffs. What team would actually be a contender? What team can even look like contenders?

I would much rather look like contenders and lose because the second best player was out. We'd know that we can contend again next season. We can make minor adjustments. We can analyze our team and figure out what to improve upon. With the crap that we've had to go through, we can't do any of that. We have no idea how good this team can be at full strength. Why would I want to be in the situation that we are now?
My signature
thkthebest

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:57 pm

^^^^ You forgot Metta's knee surgery.
LakerFanIam

Postby JGC on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:08 pm

thkthebest wrote:Nobody would expect to make the NBA files with the injuries we've had. Pick any team.

Have their best player out with a ruptured achilles 2 games before the playoffs. (Kobe)
Have their second best player coming back from back surgery. (Dwight)
Have their third and fourth best players miss nearly half the season. (Nash/Gasol)
Have a critical bench player miss nearly half the season. (Blake)
Have another critical bench player miss almost the entire season. (Hill)
Have another bench player playing with an injured wrist. (Jamison)

Have a third of your team missing the playoffs. What team would actually be a contender? What team can even look like contenders?

I would much rather look like contenders and lose because the second best player was out. We'd know that we can contend again next season. We can make minor adjustments. We can analyze our team and figure out what to improve upon. With the crap that we've had to go through, we can't do any of that. We have no idea how good this team can be at full strength. Why would I want to be in the situation that we are now?

Well, I guess my point was that it is better for these things to occur when we don't know IF we can even be any good, then for it to occur when we already know that we're good enough to have won without the injury having occurred.

It's like, if I could choose WHEN Kobe would have had his injury, would I rather it be at the point it happened this season?

Or would I rather it be at the point say next season where we're a #1 seed in the West going in to the playoffs and it happens in the first round?

For me, it's not easy to stomach any major injury to one of your top players, but, if it has to happen, I'd rather it be after a season like ours (which I'd chalk up as a lost season anyway) than in a season where, going in to the playoffs, we had a very real shot at it.
JGC

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Pau is the biggest softest shemale in the NBA & chris krispy kreme doodyhan is a fat tub of outta shape goo. Pathetic.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:26 pm

MDA is the worst & i mean worst coach in the NBA. If they don't see that & don't fire him it shows how clueless mitch & jim buss really are
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:31 pm

^

Hard to tell whether Jim Buss is clueless or simply doesn't give a f@#%.

The latter seems more likely.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Mr_Hollywood_Line wrote:^

Hard to tell whether Jim Buss is clueless or simply doesn't give a f@#%.

The latter seems more likely.

a little from column A, a little from column B
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Give me what Kobe and Timmy are drinking.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby abeer3 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:55 pm

wmc: announcers piling on the lakers while mentioning injuries as a sidebar. seriously, screw you guys. as detailed above, no team would be competitive if they had to deal with the lakers injury situation this year. despite all that, they finished strong and made the playoffs. sorry that two d-leaguers and a guard with boris diaw's physique can't hold down parker and ginobili, but that wasn't really the plan, dorks.
abeer3

Postby noobiew on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:01 pm

This is embarrassing. :disagree:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby revgen on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:04 pm

20 points for Glock.
24 points for Morris.
25 points for Dwight.
Triple-Double for Pau.

But our defense was awful, and nobody else contributed offensively.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion