WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Postby Jellincon on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Worst season ever. That is all.
Jellincon

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 pm

considering everything I'm impressed they got 7th seed and played decent defense in first 2 games against spurs. injuries just too much to overcome and guys that played in playoffs had no chemistry or time playing together. if we got swept with healthy players that'd be one thing but this season can be blamed on 2 things. coaching and injuries.

80% injuries 10% coaching 10% refs ignoring Dwight getting fouled
Ariza3

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 pm

I have nothing against D.morris he seems like a nice kid but there has got to be a more raw talented player to give a shot and groom for the future. Also can we please get off the Glock hype. he is slow and plays zero defense and is way too undersized. we need to just let kobe get healthy all year and not come back until 2014. we can't make any worthwhile moves this off season so i am prepared to suck at least 1 more season.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby sharko on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Very depressing year but I don't think it was as bad as when we lost to Dallas a couple of years ago. The Kobe-Pau-Phil mini dynasty was over after we made 3 straight trips to the finals. This is just more suck on top of the suck from the last two years.
sharko

Postby The Rock on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Effin Spurs fans trash talkin on Twitter. Ugh I dont think Denver or GSW can take them out. Damnit

Listening to 570, Mike North (Chicago homer) has a national broadcast he said he'd rather have Noah than Dwight because Noah has character...where was the character when The Bulls were getting swept by an 8 seed last year in the playoffs?

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby GNC on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:30 pm

Just glad it is over... never thought I would say that about the Lakers.

An all around nightmare.
GNC

Postby SpencerHarrison on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:36 pm

The Rock wrote:Effin Spurs fans trash talkin on Twitter. Ugh I dont think Denver or GSW can take them out. Damnit

Listening to 570, Mike North (Chicago homer) has a national broadcast he said he'd rather have Noah than Dwight because Noah has character...where was the character when The Bulls were getting swept by an 8 seed last year in the playoffs?

I'm still not a believer in the Spurs. They played a D league Lakers team with no quality contributors to even worry about beyond Dwight and Pau. And those guys are easy to shut down if nobody can hit a 3.

Steph Curry? We'll see how young the Spurs legs are chasing either of those teams. The Spurs are regular season champs and playoff losers. They're old, and depth doesn't win championships. Stars going the distance does. Pop and his managed minutes can enjoy a nice long offseason and remain unchanged next year.

The Spurs are NOT winning a championship.
SpencerHarrison

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:17 am

We definetely are the worst team in elimination games ... every one is a blowlout loss with no fight on our part ... at least this season there were the injuries excuse
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:21 am

SpencerHarrison wrote:
The Rock wrote:Effin Spurs fans trash talkin on Twitter. Ugh I dont think Denver or GSW can take them out. Damnit

I'm still not a believer in the Spurs. They played a D league Lakers team with no quality contributors to even worry about beyond Dwight and Pau. And those guys are easy to shut down if nobody can hit a 3.

Steph Curry? We'll see how young the Spurs legs are chasing either of those teams. The Spurs are regular season champs and playoff losers. They're old, and depth doesn't win championships. Stars going the distance does. Pop and his managed minutes can enjoy a nice long offseason and remain unchanged next year.

The Spurs are NOT winning a championship.

SAS will lose to Heat in the Finals ( barring injuries for both teams) ... Warriors and Clippers are definetely not beating them in a 7 game series... not experienced and smart enough to beat the well oiled machine SAS is

Only West team which has a good shot at beating SAS is Memphis but Floppers have the Grizz number
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:53 am

This puppet of company guy John Ireland is : "you could argue Lakers overachieved by winning so many games at the end of the season to reach the playoffs "

LMAO
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:14 am

all the machinations for avoiding the thunder. swept all the same lol...

this is the most disappointing lakers season for me personally. the bad years were expected to be bad and you knew things were on the verge of turning. this was the king colossal flop of all flops...and recovery seems much less certain.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:This puppet of company guy John Ireland is : "you could argue Lakers overachieved by winning so many games at the end of the season to reach the playoffs "

LMAO

^^ I am with you completely. There is something about him towing the company line that irks me to no end. It drives me nuts. He should begin every one of his fed lines truthfully with an intro, "The Lakers FO told me to say this . . ." I get that he's on the payroll and says what they want, but he's still doing it under the guise of "objectivity" of which there clearly is none.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 am

the worst part about all this is, i WANTED it to end...in the 25yrs i've been following this team, i've never had that feeling in the playoffs

lastly, my WMC is ESPN and how they're gonna try to magnify ALL the negative storylines/possibilities all thru out the offseason

we'll be in the heart of baseball season but every now and then, they'll bring up the Lakers for no reason just to show how we got swept and how bad it is
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby The Rock on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:32 am

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:58 pm

I don't even watch Inside the NBA, but it's great to see Barkley get owned like that
Dude's probably one of the dumbest basketball "analysts" out there, and also probably the one that most frequently calls other people dumb or idiots :freak2: :freak2:

Kenny Smith, Shaq, and especially Barkley have all surprised me with how simplistic (and many times flat out wrong) their "analysis" is...
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:24 pm

I can't ever decide of Barkley is paid to play the fool, or if he really is that bad.

Almost everything he says is deeply flawed or wrong. "DA LAYCUZ WON'T MAKE DA PLAYOFFS." Thanks Chuck, worth every penny.
SpencerHarrison

Postby KB24 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:33 am

can't say I'm surprised. Whats Gasol's record in the playoffs without Kobe again? 0-20?

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby JGC on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:21 am

KB24 wrote:can't say I'm surprised. Whats Gasol's record in the playoffs without Kobe again? 0-20?

It's probably almost as bad as Kobe's record in the playoffs without Fisher. But I don't think it's fair to say it's an indictment on either player because of that.

You need have the right pieces around you and be in the right situation to win, whether you're Kobe, Gasol, Lebron, etc.
JGC

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:58 am

JGC wrote:
KB24 wrote:can't say I'm surprised. Whats Gasol's record in the playoffs without Kobe again? 0-20?

It's probably almost as bad as Kobe's record in the playoffs without Fisher. But I don't think it's fair to say it's an indictment on either player because of that.

You need have the right pieces around you and be in the right situation to win, whether you're Kobe, Gasol, Lebron, etc.

i think he's talkin about just playoff games won without Kobe...i dont think Pau has won a single game without Kobe
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby The Rock on Fri May 03, 2013 10:58 pm

my night got ruined by the Dodgers loss and their injuries are piling up ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Forward Three on Fri May 03, 2013 11:56 pm

It was easily the most disappointing and frustrating season I have experienced as a Lakers fan, but somehow, watching the Clippers get bounced in the first round by the Grizzlies did soften the blow a little bit. If the Clippers had made the Finals or won the Championship I'd probably have to stop watching NBA for a few years.
Forward Three

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon May 06, 2013 12:30 am

AHHHHH... I'm so tired of no Lakers news. I want training camp and next season to start already.

At least can we get free agency started.......
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby JGC on Mon May 06, 2013 7:08 am

pound4pound1 wrote:
JGC wrote:

i think he's talkin about just playoff games won without Kobe...i dont think Pau has won a single game without Kobe

Yeah, but I'm just saying Kobe has never won without Fisher and he's only won like 6 playoff games or something without him. But I don't think that's an indictment on Kobe just as I don't think it's an indictment on Pau for not having won a playoff game without Kobe.

It's a team game and no one person can do it alone. Gotta have the right teammates and the right coaching in place or even the best of them can struggle.
JGC

Postby kray28 on Mon May 06, 2013 11:09 am

Not really a WMC, but since the season ended, I have been so much happier. I am actually enjoying my life now. I am spending tons of time with my son, teaching him basketball/baseball, doing projects around the house, and most of all...not worrying about the Lakers, or having to alter my schedule because there's a game.

When I want to feel depressed, I go to a Laker site (LG or here), and vent some angst. :bang:
kray28

Postby Doc Brown on Wed May 08, 2013 3:12 pm

ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710 26m
Barnes on not returning to #Lakers last yr: "From what I heard, Mike Brown didn't want me back--heard he wanted to go another direction"
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion