WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: OMG we showed up for 48 min (18-25)

Postby kenshi1023 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:12 pm

davriver290 wrote:Can we talk about the system that was played against Utah? Was that the triangle? Lots of post-ups for Kobe and For Pau. First time I saw Pau on the block in quite some time. Maybe Kobe decided to talk to Mike on this one?

Lets discuss this because I'm still not sure what I saw out there. And also, that hounding defense was beautiful.


It looks like the triangle doesnt it, i wouldnt be surprised if phil is orchestrating this new "hybrid triangle" behind the scene. :) or kobe, nash, may pringles came up with it. i just hope that whoever is implementing it will be able to tweak it as teams find ways to counter it.


First game of the season and its looking good!
lakers turned mr.potatohead into pringles!
User avatar
kenshi1023

 
Posts: 455
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:49 am
Location: chinaville, ca

Re: WMC 12/13: OMG we showed up for 48 min (18-25)

Postby phoenixrisingla on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:34 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:its disgusting that were the only team with a positive point differential that isnt above .500


I saw that too. What the F? :mad1:
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: WMC 12/13: OMG we showed up for 48 min (18-25)

Postby ramsay13 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:42 am

One game n we are back in it, alright :jam2:
ramsay13

 
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby dak22 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:20 pm

best win of the season so far.

The last 2 games by kobe have been more impressive than any other game this year.
dak22

 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:45 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:23 pm

WMC: missed FTs, bogus foul calls
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:25 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:WMC: missed FTs, bogus foul calls

And 14 TO's
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:26 pm

WMC: That this group waited this long to come together.

Other than that, a very gratifying win! :jam2:
Image
User avatar
Mr_Hollywood_Line

 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:07 pm
Location: The Low Post

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Nice to get this win but all for naught if they don't go on a nice winning streak here. Piling up the wins is more important than beating an elite team but losing to bottom feeders
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:28 pm

My complaint has zero to do with the Lakers. Durant is not a manufactured superstar, the guy has ridiculous game, he doesn't NEED all this BS help from the refs, let them freaking play, don't call a foul when he's breathed on. :disagree:
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby thkthebest on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:WMC: missed FTs, bogus foul calls

And 14 TO's

14 isn't too bad. I think that's actually better than the league average.
thkthebest

 
Posts: 3954
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby thkthebest on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:30 pm

Weezy wrote:My complaint has zero to do with the Lakers. Durant is not a manufactured superstar, the guy has ridiculous game, he doesn't NEED all this BS help from the refs, let them freaking play, don't call a foul when he's breathed on. :disagree:

Durant has and always will get those calls. A lot of players have already complained about it. Part of it probably has to do with his really skinny frame.
thkthebest

 
Posts: 3954
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:33 pm

thkthebest wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:WMC: missed FTs, bogus foul calls

And 14 TO's

14 isn't too bad. I think that's actually better than the league average.

Possibly but we the Lakeshow! Average ain't our barometer.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Jellincon on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:33 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:WMC: missed FTs, bogus foul calls
Jellincon

 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Forward Three on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:34 pm

You know how we often mock bad teams when they beat a good team "Well, that was their championship". This win feels like that right now. Lakers are playing better, sure, they're actually exhibiting winning traits and showing that they can get a stop when they need to or get a score when they need to. Team effort is up and hideous 15-0 type opposing team runs are down. This was probably the best the Lakers have played all season, but how many times have we thought they were doing better only to then watch them completely fall apart to a team at the absolute bottom of the standings? Lakers have already given up so many Ls to teams that they 'should' have easily handled, particularly on the Road, that this little 2-game spurt of playing well doesn't really mean much anymore, even if a lot of symptoms so far have been positive.

So, my WMC is the damn season, everything about it, where even once the team starts to show signs of life, they're still on the wrong side of .500 and a little too deep outside of the Playoffs for any missteps at all.
Forward Three

 
Posts: 4595
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:35 pm

thkthebest wrote:
Weezy wrote:My complaint has zero to do with the Lakers. Durant is not a manufactured superstar, the guy has ridiculous game, he doesn't NEED all this BS help from the refs, let them freaking play, don't call a foul when he's breathed on. :disagree:

Durant has and always will get those calls. A lot of players have already complained about it. Part of it probably has to do with his really skinny frame.


The one that topped it off was the, taking MWP by the neck and throwing him down in frustration. He walked away with only a personal foul. By the rules, that's a flagrant and I would hate to see if the shoe was on the other foot. It would be all over ESPN right now.

Other WMC.....

Westbrook tries to take out Kobe's leg and Kobe pushes him off, Westbrook comes back and pushes him and it's a technical on Kobe. That's been a double tech every SINGLE time, what was different about that?

The clean strip on Westbrook by MWP at the end of the game. The official was looking straight at the play, right in front of him.

The block on Durant by Pau, where he got nothing but a fingertip on the ball and it was a foul.

And free throws of course.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby themasterphil on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Great WIN.....i hope they will play against NOH and PHX also......I hope Steve Blake is back bc Duhon is so bad out there....we need some shots from Blake when 2nd unit is out there
User avatar
themasterphil

 
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:19 am
Location: Base Deep space 9

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Forward Three on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
thkthebest wrote:
Weezy wrote:My complaint has zero to do with the Lakers. Durant is not a manufactured superstar, the guy has ridiculous game, he doesn't NEED all this BS help from the refs, let them freaking play, don't call a foul when he's breathed on. :disagree:

Durant has and always will get those calls. A lot of players have already complained about it. Part of it probably has to do with his really skinny frame.


The one that topped it off was the, taking MWP by the neck and throwing him down in frustration. He walked away with only a personal foul. By the rules, that's a flagrant and I would hate to see if the shoe was on the other foot. It would be all over ESPN right now.

Other WMC.....

Westbrook tries to take out Kobe's leg and Kobe pushes him off, Westbrook comes back and pushes him and it's a technical on Kobe. That's been a double tech every SINGLE time, what was different about that?

The clean strip on Westbrook by MWP at the end of the game. The official was looking straight at the play, right in front of him.

The block on Durant by Pau, where he got nothing but a fingertip on the ball and it was a foul.

And free throws of course.


Yeah, there were several hideous calls in favor of OKC, but the Lakers did get a couple of gifts as well, not that it entirely cancels out really, just makes the fans more incensed on all sides.

That Durant clothesline against Metta was pretty bizarre though, it was frustration, he grabbed him and brought him down, and it wasn't even a tech and it likely won't be reviewed and it'll just as soon be forgotten about. It was one of those things where normally the whole game sort of stops and the annoucners go "wooo!" and it becomes a 'thing', but it just got completely glossed over like it didn't even happen. They didn't even play a replay of it. Like, maybe he didn't grab his neck(though it did look like it) the entirety of the foul was certainly more than just a regular personal foul.
Forward Three

 
Posts: 4595
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Scnottaken on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
thkthebest wrote:
Weezy wrote:My complaint has zero to do with the Lakers. Durant is not a manufactured superstar, the guy has ridiculous game, he doesn't NEED all this BS help from the refs, let them freaking play, don't call a foul when he's breathed on. :disagree:

Durant has and always will get those calls. A lot of players have already complained about it. Part of it probably has to do with his really skinny frame.


The one that topped it off was the, taking MWP by the neck and throwing him down in frustration. He walked away with only a personal foul. By the rules, that's a flagrant and I would hate to see if the shoe was on the other foot. It would be all over ESPN right now.

Other WMC.....

Westbrook tries to take out Kobe's leg and Kobe pushes him off, Westbrook comes back and pushes him and it's a technical on Kobe. That's been a double tech every SINGLE time, what was different about that?

The clean strip on Westbrook by MWP at the end of the game. The official was looking straight at the play, right in front of him.

The block on Durant by Pau, where he got nothing but a fingertip on the ball and it was a foul.

And free throws of course.

Sounds like the game proceeded much like the 2010 playoffs. Bunch of calls for OKC but the Lakers pulled out the win.

My wmc: I cannot get used to these early games. It also seems that whenever I can't watch a game, the Lakers end up winning. Makes me feel like I'm the reason they're losing.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby denimPortugal on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:41 pm

Ok, a Win is a win, and tonight we beat a contender! Finally!

But, we desperately need 6wins! Please, let's do it, guys! :jam2:
User avatar
denimPortugal

 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:01 am

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Forward Three wrote:That Durant clothesline against Metta was pretty bizarre though, it was frustration, he grabbed him and brought him down, and it wasn't even a tech and it likely won't be reviewed and it'll just as soon be forgotten about. It was one of those things where normally the whole game sort of stops and the annoucners go "wooo!" and it becomes a 'thing', but it just got completely glossed over like it didn't even happen. They didn't even play a replay of it. Like, maybe he didn't grab his neck(though it did look like it) the entirety of the foul was certainly more than just a regular personal foul.


That's what I'm saying, it happened and just like that it was over. If it was Ron, it would have been shown on a loop from every possible angle until the end of the week.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:44 pm

is D12 really a bum??? when Gasol wants to play he is actually better than D12 especially in crunch time. this sucks i don't think we can trade gasol and count on D12 to be a post force even if he does stay. tough decisions need to be made. D12 is a weird dude. you can read his body language big time that even though he was on the floor at the end he isn't happy not being the guy to make plays down the stretch even though team was successful.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby purp n gold on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:51 pm

I can spend a lot if time trying to type something witty about today's game, but I was not expecting to see such a close match. Sure as hell wasn't expecting a win.

Let's do it Lakers, 1 game at a time
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
User avatar
purp n gold

 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:56 pm

lmao even WMC has become optimistic :jam2: :jam2:
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Rooscooter on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Not sure it's a "Statement Game"..... it seems we'd have to be "relevant" to OKC for it to me anything significant from their standpoint.

From our vantage point it's sure nice to see some "team" with our team....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23127
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: WMC 12/13:Statement MADE! (19-25)

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Holy crap!! Best win of the season - obviously. Wow, this was just an incredible win. Ok, maybe, just maybe we can go on a run now. One game at a time, yes. But we need to make some noise upcoming starting with Tuesday and then on the road trip. It's hard to climb back up, but if we continue to play like this it can absolutely be done.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15212
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.