WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Down big. Get the Win? Who Knew. (24-27)

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:34 pm

The only way to play Lebron right now, is making him shoot over the top. MWP was doing the exact opposite of that.

Who in there right mind thinks they can body up Lebron James 5 feet off the 3 point line and think they will win that battle is for lack of a better word dumb. Just plain dumb.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Biz on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Finwë wrote:
Biz wrote:Dwight had an amazing first half....then we don't go to him at all in the 2nd half. I think he had 1 shot that wasn't an offensive rebound in the second half other than his And1 with a minute to go when the game was over. That 4th quarter was horrendous...Kobe iso is just not going to cut it.

Many of our 4th quarter turnovers happened trying to get the ball inside. Miami trapped us and either we made a bad pass because of the pressure or a decent one that just got stolen by a rotating miami player.
They played awesome pressure D and we weren't prepared for it, but it did look like we we're trying to go to Dwight in the 4th.

True, they were fronting Dwight pretty much the whole game and they played him pretty well. The problem with those passes early in the 4th was the bench was trying to pass him the ball. Meeks and Clark don't really know how to pass into the post...it should be Nash and Kobe, and hell, even Metta can make that pass.

Gotta give credit though to the Heat D, I think they are the best team in the league and will win again this year unfortunately.
Biz

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:39 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Why do people keep saying too many isos? He had 9 assists what else was he suppose to do? I don't agree with D.Antoni waiting so long to put Nash and Kobe back in.

its not about the assist numbers. hes passing fine. its down the stretch when we need a bucket and every time theyre running the same play on the block and it ends up being a turnover bc of the dangerous lob pass or getting trapped baseline and turning it over. when you need a score and miami is reading that play everytime then do something else. its simple. when they continue to do that, when its clearly ending badly, and not try something else thats a problem. dwight didnt touch the ball the entire 4th quarter. thats a problem.

kobe iso was working as it has for a few games now where he can score or asssist....but when miami shrinks the paint around kobe and dwight then run something else. its simple basketball iq....cant make the same mistake over and over again and expect a different result. dantoni and kobe need to realize that. we were in the game and had a shot but those turnovers trying to run that kobe iso killed us and ended it
Ariza3

Postby Biz on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:Why do people keep saying too many isos? He had 9 assists what else was he suppose to do? I don't agree with D.Antoni waiting so long to put Nash and Kobe back in.

its not about the assist numbers. hes passing fine. its down the stretch when we need a bucket and every time theyre running the same play on the block and it ends up being a turnover bc of the dangerous lob pass or getting trapped baseline and turning it over. when you need a score and miami is reading that play everytime then do something else. its simple. when they continue to do that, when its clearly ending badly, and not try something else thats a problem. dwight didnt touch the ball the entire 4th quarter. thats a problem.

kobe iso was working as it has for a few games now where he can score or asssist....but when miami shrinks the paint around kobe and dwight then run something else. its simple basketball iq....cant make the same mistake over and over again and expect a different result. dantoni and kobe need to realize that. we were in the game and had a shot but those turnovers trying to run that kobe iso killed us and ended it

Exactly. Kobe's actual play was fine but it was clear that Miami figured out how to defend that play in the 4th quarter. Once they figured it out, we needed to switch it up but we kept running the same damn play. Very frustrating. I'm not mad that we lost, I'm just mad at how we lost and the lack of in-game adjustments.
Biz

Postby nickvanexel on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:49 pm

D'Antoni's strange rotations in the 4th killed all offensive flow. When Kobe and Nash got back in it was way too late to get into the flow again. floor spacing and off-ball movement was terrible in the last minutes and all Kobe could do was isoing.
nickvanexel

Postby The Rock on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:50 pm

We have to win the next 4 at home...vs Suns, vs Clippers, vs Celtics, vs Blazers. you lose 1 of these guys I think its over for us. No margin for error from here on out in winnable games. After that 4 game stretch we should be at .500, 28-28

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:55 pm

Juronimo wrote:
dj vitus wrote:
Finwë wrote:He also played mediocre D against LeBron all game long

I would say terrible D all game long. LeBron got whatever he wanted unless he lazily wanted to jack up a 20-footer.

Prime Pippen, Rodman, or Bowen would have issues trying to slow Lebron right now. I don't blame him for that. The issue Ron is having is shot selection. He's reverted to his Houston play when he was a ball stopper and a black hole on offense. It's hurting our team right now.

No doubt, LeBron is playing at a very high level these days, doesn't change the fact that MWP played mediocre to bad D on him though. Re-watch the game if you need to, he just looked bad. His stance was off, his decision making on that end was bad, he wasn't boxing out, he wasn't rotating, he wasn't contesting enough, made a soft foul leading to an and-1...
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Biz wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Biz wrote:Dwight had an amazing first half....then we don't go to him at all in the 2nd half. I think he had 1 shot that wasn't an offensive rebound in the second half other than his And1 with a minute to go when the game was over. That 4th quarter was horrendous...Kobe iso is just not going to cut it.

Many of our 4th quarter turnovers happened trying to get the ball inside. Miami trapped us and either we made a bad pass because of the pressure or a decent one that just got stolen by a rotating miami player.
They played awesome pressure D and we weren't prepared for it, but it did look like we we're trying to go to Dwight in the 4th.

True, they were fronting Dwight pretty much the whole game and they played him pretty well. The problem with those passes early in the 4th was the bench was trying to pass him the ball. Meeks and Clark don't really know how to pass into the post...it should be Nash and Kobe, and hell, even Metta can make that pass.

Gotta give credit though to the Heat D, I think they are the best team in the league and will win again this year unfortunately.

Agreed
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby karacha on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 pm

The Rock wrote:We have to win the next 4 at home...vs Suns, vs Clippers, vs Celtics, vs Blazers. you lose 1 of these guys I think its over for us. No margin for error from here on out in winnable games. After that 4 game stretch we should be at .500, 28-28

Those are all winnable games, but knowing us, we'll go 3-1. Losing against the weakest team.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby denimPortugal on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:59 pm

The Rock wrote:We have to win the next 4 at home...vs Suns, vs Clippers, vs Celtics, vs Blazers. you lose 1 of these guys I think its over for us. No margin for error from here on out in winnable games. After that 4 game stretch we should be at .500, 28-28

Absolutely right!

Against Clipps and Celts will be tough!
denimPortugal

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:59 pm

I watched NY-LAC today and the Clippers looked very good. They are getting back to their elite level before the CP3 injury (he's back btw). They played a phenomenal 4th quarter and closed it out. Gonna be tough to beat them
Finwë

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:07 pm

^I still think we can beat the Clippers. The only thing that hurts is our lack of size with Pau going against DeAndre Jordan & Blake Griffin. In this particular game & future games, rebounding might start to become a big issue. However, like I've been saying playing a half-court style game at our tempo controlling the game, limiting turnovers, playing defense & rebounding at a decent rate, we should win most games.

Asking this team to do this consistently for 48 minutes though is a big challenge, but it can be done...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby XXIV on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:43 pm

I was able to listen to the game on radio while at work so it's more difficult to analyze it compared to when watching. With that said, offensive rebounds was clearly a problem but whether it was an effort thing or just lack of size I couldn't tell. Also, it seemed we went way too much with the Kobe isos in the 4th quarter.
XXIV

Postby ElginTheGreat on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:50 pm

I thought there were too many isos down the stretch, but Kobe played a good game overall.

That stretch with Meeks guarding Wade really killed us. Not Meeks fault as he is giving up size to Wade. Definitely wish we would have brought Kobe and Nash back sooner.
ElginTheGreat

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:59 pm

dantoni rotations/timing was off and doesnt really use dwight right.

were 1-1 on our little mini 4 game series so we gott win the next 2 to win this series. have to keep winning 3/4 games and weve been doing it lately. gotta keep it up, the heat was our one loss this series hopefull
Ariza3

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:23 pm

from the best defensive player in the league to the dumbest defensive player in the league

from once considered a genius coach in the league to the worst coach in the league
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:52 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:^I still think we can beat the Clippers. The only thing that hurts is our lack of size with Pau going against DeAndre Jordan & Blake Griffin. In this particular game & future games, rebounding might start to become a big issue. However, like I've been saying playing a half-court style game at our tempo controlling the game, limiting turnovers, playing defense & rebounding at a decent rate, we should win most games.

Asking this team to do this consistently for 48 minutes though is a big challenge, but it can be done...

Agreed, we need guys to step up and crash the boards in order to compensate the absence of 2 key bigs. I thought MWP could be one of those guys that up their rebounding avg in this stretch, so far hasn't really happened. Jamison needs to start boxing out too.
Finwë

Re: WMC 12/13: No Heat in the 4th = loss (24-28)

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:57 pm

great piece of coaching by hillbilly MDA after timeout and miami goes to line at the end of 3rd Qtr you would think on the free throws he would put in some more size to secure the rebound since we have been getting crushed on the boards all game long. no he lives the same mini lineup in and free free throw was missed they get rebound and Lebron drains a 3 at the end of the 3rd which sets the tone for the 4th. Is he just dumb or lazy as a coach to let this happen???? amazing he doesn't get called out for this crap. guy looks like a burned out hillbilly airhead.
hollywood swinger

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:59 pm

By the way, I really miss Jordan Hill...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Ice-Fire on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:01 pm

^ No worries Hollywood swinger, the more mistakes MDA does.... hopefully his health problems become an issue so the guy can resign. this is his last contract anyways..... they're is a reason why NY let him go... he cannot coach.
Ice-Fire

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:02 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:By the way, I really miss Jordan Hill...

he would have gotten EVERY single one of those long rebounds that the heat ended up getting.
Ariza3

Postby Ice-Fire on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Ariza3 wrote:he would have gotten EVERY single one of those long rebounds that the heat ended up getting.

I'm not sure about that, everything was bouncing the Heat's way... maybe it was just one of those nights were the opposition was getting everything and anything from offensive rebounds.

but that LeBron 3 at the end of the 3rd quarter basically killed any momentum we had.
Ice-Fire

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:08 pm

Ice-Fire wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:he would have gotten EVERY single one of those long rebounds that the heat ended up getting.

I'm not sure about that, everything was bouncing the Heat's way... maybe it was just one of those nights were the opposition was getting everything and anything from offensive rebounds.

but that LeBron 3 at the end of the 3rd quarter basically killed any momentum we had.

ya just saying how awesome hill is lol. i agree i thought that 3 really killed any momentum and energy we had. really took it away from us. its like of course they get that rebound and of course he makes that 3.
Ariza3

Postby hollywood swinger on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:By the way, I really miss Jordan Hill...

he would have gotten EVERY single one of those long rebounds that the heat ended up getting.

by mitch and buss not adding another big with pau being out and hill down for the year screams of a trade happening and that is why they are not filling a roster spot and obvious need. i hope this is the case :man10:
hollywood swinger

Postby Ice-Fire on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:30 pm

Is anyone else anxious to see what happens with this team after the all-star break? a miracle run for the ages or a mental collapse that will be the down-fall of this franchise? lots of things can happen after the all-star break.... Kobe blowing up in the locker-room is one possibility.
Ice-Fire

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion