WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Oh my what an egg (37-36)

Postby Forward Three on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:12 pm

Same old crap.
Forward Three

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:25 pm

24 needs to shut down that stupid twitter account and stop with all the stupid black mamba & mambaism garbage and try to lead this team. Kobe is obviously an all time great player but
a horrible leader. Lebron looks like a PHD in leadership while Kobe looks like a kindergartener in leadership.
it sucks to say that since 24 is my all time favorite player but the truth is the truth.
and MDA is MDA is a mealy mouthed hillbilly fool of a coach. he is so bad it is beyond even commenting on anymore.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Has there ever been a worse passing / ball protecting Lakers squad than this year? The turnovers night in and night out are disgusting. Waaay too many fancy (but failed) passes, telegraphed and just plain sloppy passes. WTF even Nash this year. He's caught Kobe's affliction. No wonder we lose so many effing games. :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:02 am

Forgot there was a game :man10: It's that kind of season, it's that kind of year for me :man5:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby SpencerHarrison on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:02 am

Yeah, the turnovers are absurd. You know things are bad when you think "Oh good Kobe is going to start blackholing for a few minutes. At least we'll get some shots up."
SpencerHarrison

Postby DHL on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:08 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Forgot there was a game :man10: It's that kind of season, it's that kind of year for me :man5:
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby borri on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:11 am

Well, were back to the can't stop anybody routine once again.
borri

Postby Finwë on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:50 am

Our defense is incredibly, indescribably bad.
wow.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:13 am

hollywood swinger wrote:24 needs to shut down that stupid twitter account and stop with all the stupid black mamba & mambaism garbage and try to lead this team. Kobe is obviously an all time great player but
a horrible leader. Lebron looks like a PHD in leadership while Kobe looks like a kindergartener in leadership.
it sucks to say that since 24 is my all time favorite player but the truth is the truth.
and MDA is MDA is a mealy mouthed hillbilly fool of a coach. he is so bad it is beyond even commenting on anymore.

Because pouting to the media about perceived missed calls is what a TRUE leader does!
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:28 am

hollywood swinger wrote:24 needs to shut down that stupid twitter account and stop with all the stupid black mamba & mambaism garbage and try to lead this team. Kobe is obviously an all time great player but

No, Lebron is just so good due to his athleticism it hides the fact that he's a mental midget and, until last year, really cracked under pressure. I agree with you on Dan Tony though.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:30 am

FO will have to do an incredible work to retool this washed up roster .. I'm afraid we are going to be stucked in this mediocrity for 5-10 seasons
wcsoldier81

Postby KB24 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:33 am

A terrible season looking for a suitable ending.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby kenzo on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:02 am

Finwë wrote:Our defense is incredibly, indescribably bad.
wow.

To put it "mildly" :bang: Now imagine this team with no Howard :scurred:
kenzo

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 am

Doc Brown wrote:Nash - Fractured fibula, Hip and Back
Kobe - Sprained ankle, Bone spur
Dwight - Torn labrum, back surgery
Pau - Concussion, elbow, torn plantar fascia, tendonitis
Hill - Herniated disk, microfracture surgery on hip
Blake - Punctured foot, abdominal strain
MWP - undisclosed leg/hip injury for 2 months, torn meniscus
Clark - Foot problem
Jamison - Partial tear in wrist

2 coaches
Owner passes away

Another update. :freak2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby KB24 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:39 am

Thats quite a lot of bad luck. BUT on paper, still way more than enough to make the playoffs.

Also, its not like they were just slowed by injuries. They never played dominant. NEVER EVER. Can you give me a 3 game stretch where you felt that by stretching your imagination, they were anywhere even remotely close to what would be an actual contender? I couldn't. They looked like an average team at their peak and like a borderline lottery team on average. And their record proves it.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:58 am

besides the horrible perimeter defense on this team for the last 5 years the 2 biggest problems with this current team is :
1. MDA would rather win his way than win outside his system and rotation beliefs
2. Kobe wants to be the reason this team wins
hollywood swinger

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:42 pm

oh yea let me add 1 more major problem.
3. Pau being a selfish girl only concerned with his ego and wanting to start even at the expense of the team playing well.
hollywood swinger

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:14 pm

I'm trying to figure out what Kobe being on social media and his black mamba nickname has to do with our team's failure? He was STILL black mamba when we won those two titles with Phil and when he had Shannon Brown and Trevor Ariza.

Anyway this team just wasn't fit for the D'Antoni system, it really wasn't fit for the Mike Brown system either. As much as people hate to read it or hear it but Phil Jackson's way of coaching would have been perfect for this system, similar pieces he had in the 3peat era, as well as knowing how to gel ball dominant players and players with colorful personalities (Dwight, Metta). Our current team works well in the triangle offense, also Kobe and other players mentioned how Phil loved to meditate I think that would have been a good thing inside the Lakers lockeroom. Right now imo, there are a bunch of different personas as far as the way each player approaches the game day in and day out or night in and night out. I agree that we did need a Derrick Fisher type personality in the lockeroom, Kobe always said he wanted him to remain with the team but things didn't go that way. I guess it's best to look forward to next season to see how this team finally comes together with a few more pieces added.
Jazzygirl205

Postby BDG on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:24 pm

I was so pissed at the way Kobe played last night.

However we forget the guy is playing with a severely sprained ankle (with a bone spur). He definitely hasn't been the same since -- he was playing fantastic before that injury.

However that doesn't affect his brain. Way too many poor decisions out there.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Meanwhile D'Antoni has killed all of Earl Clark's confidence by sending him to the bench.

I still don't get why Pau is starting again when we started winning once Clark was put into the first unit?

Either punish them for having Ilyasova guard Pau or put an athletic defender on him (Clark). It should be a mismatch in favor of us but if you don't take advantage of it, it's unfair to ask Pau to chase him around the perimeter.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby ThizGuy83 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:29 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:FO will have to do an incredible work to retool this washed up roster .. I'm afraid we are going to be stucked in this mediocrity for 5-10 seasons

nope... we are gonna be huge players in the free agent market in the 2014 offseason
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby karacha on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:53 pm

BDG wrote:I still don't get why Pau is starting again when we started winning once Clark was put into the first unit?

Because he is a star starter, damn it!

"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:49 pm

nothing good can come out of this season

absolutely nothing
432J

Postby Finwë on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Our defense is laughable.
We haven't consistently gotten "key" or clutch stops all year, there's no gear we can switch to late in games..
Worse, we consistently struggle to stop anyone at any time.
Pau is the worst on that end, closely followed by Nash and Jamison, with Kobe's off the ball defense deserving notoriority too. We're very slow, have little chemistry, have seemingly no adjustable system, and our effort is extremely inconsistent.
The opposition will just play pick and roll with whoever Pau's guarding as the screener. WHOEVER. And they'll score.
If the opposing PG is athletic, he'll just take Nash 1 on 1 and blow by him with ease.
If a wing player drives to the rim with Dwight out of the game = layup / dunk. If a wing player drives to the rim with Dwight in the game = Dwight will contest the shot, and it'll be either a block, a make, or a miss that will fall right into Dwight's man who is unguarded because our guys don't help the helper.
If a hard screen is set against ANY of our perimeter players, he'll be taken out of the play.
If we turn the ball over (we do it like 15 times a game), miss a jumper or sometimes even make a jumper, the opposition will run and probably score.
If Kobe's playing off the ball (guarding a shooter), and the opposing PG is athletic, Kobe will overhelp on Nash and his man will get open 3s. The same will happen with other mismatches.
Dwight will goaltend 1-2 shots a game.
Dwight will always be in foul trouble, and anytime he's out of the game = layup line.
Etc...

What's worse is that there seems to be no intention from the coaching staff to make system adjustments.. We're just relying on "extra effort", "just play hard", "chemistry", which doesn't bode well for us because we lack athleticism, our players aren't healthy, we have some dumb players, our chemistry isn't good for a number of reasons (most important: injuries), and level of effort is a rollercoaster variable.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Ariza3 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:43 pm

last 9 we go 5-4 guaranteed. but knowing this team team we go 4-5
Ariza3

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion