WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Back in 8th (41-37)

Postby wallangong on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:40 pm

When Portland plays the Lakers at home, they could throw the Uconn women's team out there and it would probably be a tough game for us.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:43 pm

khmrP wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
khmrP wrote:glad they won but man are we sad team, barely beating a team full of injuries and missing 3 of their starters....sad

We knew this was going to be a brutal game before it started regardless of who the Blazers threw out there. Your own problem if you thought otherwise

my own problem? So I shouldn't have expected a team full of past/present all nba'ers to dominate a team full of rookies and playing for their playoff lives to play like they dont give an F until they're down?

When have we ever been dominant for any portion of the season? Why would you expect that now on a back to back (which we had never swept the entire season) against a team that goes balls out against us every time we play them?
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:45 pm

khmrP wrote:
khmrP wrote:glad they won but man are we sad team, barely beating a team full of injuries and missing 3 of their starters....sad

We knew this was going to be a brutal game before it started regardless of who the Blazers threw out there. Your own problem if you thought otherwise

my own problem? So I shouldn't have expected a team full of past/present all nba'ers to dominate a team full of rookies and playing for their playoff lives to play like they dont give an F until they're down?

When have we ever been dominant for any portion of the season? Why would you expect that now on a back to back (which we had never swept the entire season) against a team that goes balls out against us every time we play them?

Blazers usually do that with theirs starters, not a bunch of rookies. I already knew Lilliard was gona beast but I didn't expect bums like Pavlovic/Babic to look like prime Ray Allen out there
khmrP

Re: WMC 12/13: Not Convinced Kobe? (42-37)

Postby MaddDogg on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Lakers should never call D12 in the post. He should always be doing pick and rolls or the pau D12 two man game. Three scenarios happen with D12 in post, 1) takes aweful shot (usually right hand brick, left hand is ok) 2) gets striped 3) gets fouled and misses some free throws.
MaddDogg

Postby odom1year on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:24 pm

D12 and Pau are really nice on offense. They are really unstoppable now and are the best Twin Towers.
odom1year

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:27 pm

I'm not convinced by Kobe's game. . . the man can't be human, no matter how many times he says he is.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Forward Three on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:29 pm

I mean, it was a great win and Kobe had a godlike stat line, and Pau was awesome and Dwight did great. But That first quarter and the first half overall was so friggin pathetic defensively. How is it that this team just doesn't play any defense at all for minutes at a time? And even later in the game when the Lakers(read: Kobe) started to wrest control of the game a little Blazers still dropped a 6-0 run in like 40 seconds of play time and equalized and came very close to having a few other runs as well.

I've said it before but I'll say it again. I could live with bad defense here and there but what absolutely stupefies about the specific way in which the Lakers are bad is that opposing teams seem to score quicker against them than should be otherwise possible. 12+ points in under 3 minutes is not uncommon for teams against LA and that is just embarrassing.

Kobe should be able to will us into the postseason at this rate, but against the Spurs or Thunder? what's he supposed to do? Team has to step up, but there has been almost no signs that this is even possible this season.
Forward Three

Postby JGC on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:31 pm

Only WMC is that it took a phenomenal, virtually unrepeatable performance by Kobe to beat Aldridge and a bunch of rookies (granted one of them is Lillard who will be a beast in this league). We make things way too difficult for ourselves.
JGC

Postby Forward Three on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Lillard really is amazing. I hadn't been paying much attention to him but even though the Lakers defense can make anyone look amazing, it was more than that, his arsenal of shots, decision making, attention grabbing and confidence with all aspects of his game. He plays like he's been in the league for 5 or 6 years already, He's crazy athletic and all but if he was more of a 'prototype' build wise(like if he was 30 pounds heavier and 4 inches taller) he'd basically be completely unstoppable. Of course, he plays for Portland who has a long history of blowing it with talent and just in general being kind of a sucky franchise on the player cultivation end of things. But still, there's no reason why he shouldn't have a BIG career in the very foreseeable future.
Forward Three

Postby Finwë on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:42 pm

khmrP wrote:
khmrP wrote:

Blazers usually do that with theirs starters, not a bunch of rookies. I already knew Lilliard was gona beast but I didn't expect bums like Pavlovic/Babic to look like prime Ray Allen out there

Yeah but they played us as hard as any opponent this season.. They looked extremely energetic and motivated, they and their pathetic fans just wanted to "beat LA" and kill our season, since they have nothing to play for themselves.
They were hitting shots at a crazy rate, everyone was moving and running, it was tough. I'm not saying we were great defensively but that was NOT normal, what they did offensively in the 1st half.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:09 pm

I don't know. I'm still unconvinced by this Kobe guy. He's not that good and he hasn't done anything in his 17 year career that's noteworthy at all. RETIRE ALREADY! Let the new guys run the show. What can Kobe do that they can't? Oh, what he did tonight . . . oh yeah.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:10 pm

On to actual WMC: As many have said, Portland was making some damned near impossible shots in the 1st half. It always annoys me to no end how random scrubs from no name franchises play some insane ball against us. You want parity in the league? Rename every team in the league "Lakers" and everyone will play their best ball every game.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:31 pm

Kobe didn't get to 50 =(
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby The Rock on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:02 pm

We've won 9 in a row in LA vs the Warriors, last GSW win here was MAR 2008. Hope we keep the streak going. Stay home on their 3 point shooters. We win this game

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby lakersfever on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:33 am

Last 10 games we went 8-2 but only 1-1 against playoff teams. I looked at the memphis and clippers game as a measuring stick of how far we could go in the playoff if we made it. The clippers beat us convincingly while we squeaked by memphis by a bucket. The game against SA will be 50/50 at best. Hopefully SA will see that they have no chance of getting #1 seed and rest their starters. Pop likes to rest his starters. :jam2:
lakersfever

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:06 pm

The Rock wrote:We've won 9 in a row in LA vs the Warriors, last GSW win here was MAR 2008. Hope we keep the streak going. Stay home on their 3 point shooters. We win this game

Still remember that game. We were down by like 25, made a comeback, Kobe and Stephen Jackson going back and forth with 3s in the final minute but Jackson hit the final 3 that killed us.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:44 pm

The Rock wrote:We've won 9 in a row in LA vs the Warriors, last GSW win here was MAR 2008. Hope we keep the streak going. Stay home on their 3 point shooters. We win this game

Still remember that game. We were down by like 25, made a comeback, Kobe and Stephen Jackson going back and forth with 3s in the final minute but Jackson hit the final 3 that killed us.

Yep, good memory
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:07 pm

UGH. I was AT that game! :bang:
FabFourLakers

Postby jOeyB7000 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Mark Jackson outcoaching Antoni.

Kobe sustaining 2 injuries and Antoni still leaves him out there.
jOeyB7000

Postby Tragic on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 pm

40+ [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] minutes for kobe again?
Tragic

Postby BDG on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Sorry but the reason we're losing this game at the moment is Mike D'Antoni and his 8-man rotations.

WE LOOK SO DAMN DEAD TIRED OUT THERE IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

And Kobe just jacked up both his legs yet he REFUSES to sub him out for a rest. I know we've got to make the playoffs but the guy is driving Kobe into the ground just like Mike Brown was.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Re: WMC 12/13: Kobe down, happy now play the right way? (43-37)

Postby Finwë on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:11 pm

I can't take a Kobe achilles injury
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby thkthebest on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Biggest complaint by far is Kobe's minutes. WTF. I knew I would hate Mike's short rotations, but ANY other coach would at least give Kobe some rest after the initial injury. It took 3 injuries to Kobe that made him basically immobile to finally get the man some rest.

After that, the defense is a distant second complaint.
thkthebest

Postby noobiew on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:13 pm

BDG wrote:Sorry but the reason we're losing this game at the moment is Mike D'Antoni and his 8-man rotations.

WE LOOK SO DAMN DEAD TIRED OUT THERE IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY.

And Kobe just jacked up both his legs yet he REFUSES to sub him out for a rest. I know we've got to make the playoffs but the guy is driving Kobe into the ground just like Mike Brown was.

Bring in Brian Shaw, Bryon Scott, James Worthy or whatever one that can coach, fire Mike D'Antoni please ! :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Re: WMC 12/13: Kobe down, happy now play the right way? (43-37)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:13 pm

I'm honestly not sure what the hell just happened. We didn't deserve that win honestly, all those FTs seemed to save us at the end. It felt like GSW outplayed us for almost the entire game and yet we somehow won.

Also if Kobe is out the season is basically over regardless of what happens over the next 2 games. And the way he walked off the court I wouldn't doubt it as a possibility.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion