WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Should of won that one (17-22)

Postby Jellincon on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:19 pm

WMC:

-TOS
-refs
-couldn't get stops when we needed them
Jellincon

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 pm

BicepKiss wrote:Pretty gross officiating. Airballed free throw. Nash chucking the ball out of bounds of the backboard. Just terrible late game execution. Course if we didnt turn it over 100 times maybe it wouldnt have mattered. Also do they call moving screens any more? If not why dont we have howard set them?

^^ Couldn't agree more about the moving screens.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Kobe in the first 3 quarters. So so so bad.
Nash was taken out.
Refs annoy me.

I don't know. This would have been winnable if Nash and Kobe were game planned better.
Armani

Postby BicepKiss on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Still if only the team played this way all season maybe we'd actually make the playoffs. As its stands...we have no room for error. IDK man, doesnt seem possible we need like a 15 game win streak just to be 7th seed or better.
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby The Rock on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:21 pm

This was a winnable game that we gave away. We could've made up some ground in the standings too. Im very pissed off right now, Nash, Kobe, Dwight, Pau all looked inconsistent all game long pretty much how our season has been they just cant put together a long stretch of great play.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby escobar8 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 pm

missed ft by dwight...he needs to at least split fts...nash was cuted off...mia was playing amazing D on him...
they were doubling him and playing hard press on him...he couldnt even begin posession...and they were very fast recovering,we could find open man...i wish we could play that kind of D...
yea and refs sucked...
escobar8

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 pm

like i said in my thread a few days ago this team will never win a title with this horrible collection of pg's.
nash can't even get past norris cole let alone get a passing lane on him :man10: need i say darius morris and duhon had no business on the floor in this game against this type of talent. where are the people that were laughing at me saying nash is a God? nash is NOT a starter on a championship team like I SAID 2 DAYS AGO.
now dispute it.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Nash was kinda poopy ... You'd think a HoF point guard could school Kid 'n Play out there ...

Why didn't Meeks play? At least give Kobe a breather and provide another shooter ...
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Forward Three on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 pm

BicepKiss wrote:Still if only the team played this way all season maybe we'd actually make the playoffs. As its stands...we have no room for error. IDK man, doesnt seem possible we need like a 15 game win streak just to be 7th seed or better.

Yes. This is probably the most frustrating thing about this whole season. So many of LAL's losses were just completely avoidable save for maybe a 4-5 minute stretch of horrible basketball. They've struggled with consistency and having an 'identity' defensively all season and it's frustrating to see that they actually are the better team we believed them to be, at least, close to it, but much like so many of their individual games where they go down by 15, they've dug themselves such a deep deficit in the standings that even a miraculous rally would likely still come up short.
Forward Three

Postby BicepKiss on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:24 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:like i said in my thread a few days ago this team will never win a title with this horrible collection of pg's.
nash can't even get past norris cole let alone get a passing lane on him :man10: need i say darius morris and duhon had no business on the floor in this game against this type of talent. where are the people that were laughing at me saying nash is a God? nash is NOT a starter on a championship team like I SAID 2 DAYS AGO.
now dispute it.
We dont need to dispute your argument. It pretty much disputes itself.
BicepKiss

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm

Painful loss especially when we had such a great chance to win. I think our guys were too excited and couldn't settle down. I know we've had games where we created many turnovers but they were really turnover happy this game.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm

hollywood swinger wrote:like i said in my thread a few days ago this team will never win a title with this horrible collection of pg's.
now dispute it.

The Heat doubled Nash high and the Lakers didn't make them pay ... someone was open and they just didn't get it done. Nash is a starter he just kinda sucked tonight ...
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 pm

-This is the game I would criticize MDA lack of adjustments for ... Nash was completely locked down on high PNR and we kept running it all day long ( outside a couple of nice plays for Kobe coming off screens)... instead of going to inside mistmatches

- Our inside D without D12 is non existent.
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:26 pm

Oh and my major WMC (or opinion): The Heats so-called super Defense. All they do is shove on traps. They hit our guys low all game. They pushed guys off the block all game and yet really couldn't stop us. I wasn't impressed like Reggie and crew was that is for sure.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 pm

BicepKiss wrote:
now dispute it.
We dont need to dispute your argument. It pretty much disputes itself.

i know the truth hurts :man10:
hollywood swinger

Re: WMC 12/13: 2 is a streak, right? (17-21)

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Forward Three wrote:It's hard to be too upset about this loss. Lakers were in it the entire way, and yes, they committed a ridiculous amount of turnovers against the best team in the league at converting turnovers into points, but they actually played respectable defense most of the night(though, a lot of their effort was wasted by last-second breakdowns) and their offense, while ugly and disjointed was still scratching and keeping them in it.

The game was lost by not being able to score in the final minute or so while allowing Miami to score 6 points in the same stretch. There were some bad calls, including a few minutes straight in the third quarter that seemed blatantly one-sided, but I think Miami can rightly complain on a few calls that went our way as well.

The team is clearly playing better though, closer to the ideal that we all imagined when this roster was assembled. Also, after seeing this game I no longer think Miami will repeat. It seemed like they had a very good chance on the outset, with the East being a bit weaker, but Miami is weaker too. Lebron may be playing some of the most all-around consistent and effortlessly great basketball of his career, but it's almost to a fault, the rest of the team, on a night like this(and they have had several in recent weeks) barely gets by.

I guess my expectations kind of bottomed out, but overall I'm just really not that upset about this game, could have been a lot worse, and other than the turnovers, the team really did a lot of things 'right' and better to where they should be playing.

^^ I agree with you pretty much all the way.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:31 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:
now dispute it.

The Heat doubled Nash high and the Lakers didn't make them pay ... someone was open and they just didn't get it done. Nash is a starter he just kinda sucked tonight ...

i did see nash get doubled a few times but in the 2nd half i absolutely saw norris freaking cole making nash pickup his dribble every trip up the court making him look like a scrub
hollywood swinger

Postby cthroatgtr on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Officiating sucked...this is the WMC

Quick guards can really hamper Nash these days...at least ones that can defend.

Did I mention officiating sucked?
cthroatgtr

Postby Forward Three on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Oh and my major WMC (or opinion): The Heats so-called super Defense. All they do is shove on traps. They hit our guys low all game. They pushed guys off the block all game and yet really couldn't stop us. I wasn't impressed like Reggie and crew was that is for sure.

They certainly get away with a lot of pushing and shoving, Lebron's block against Clark for instance, he pushed off Clark's back. It's reminiscent of the Celtics '08 defense that was given the narrative of "it's tough and hardnosed" which was code for "they foul a lot and get away with it". The fact that touch fouls were being called for Lebron and Wade on the other end just makes it that much more annoying. The league needs to seriously decide what they are trying to do with fouling. There's this concept of "once defenders are set we're going to let them wrestle, but if someone is moving we're going to call a foul on the gust of air that hit their jersey". I think the game has morphed to protect and reward dive to the basket and-ones at the expense of back-to-the-basket postups. It's no great coincidence it's such a guard dominated era of NBA right now.

Could unravel that into a bit of a conspiracy theory(largely about the casual fan liking fast breaks and charging dunks more than good footwork), but whatever the reasons or motivations, it certainly doesn't do the Lakers any favors.
Forward Three

Postby Forward Three on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 pm

On the flip side to that though, the Heat did rotate well on defense, they communicated well, they were quick and responsive. They transitioned from single coverage to doubles and back with good timing and togetherness. It was good defense, but they get help too, is the point.
Forward Three

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 pm

I think of it this way....as bad as we played...we were 2 free throws away from this game going our way. Dwight has to make one of two...he cannot miss both. That really hurts us. Ray Allen took a TOUGH fade away jumper OVER howard and he made it. I don't think Miami really dominated like most thought they would...I thought they just made tougher shots and we didn't execute down the stretch. I hope this team isn't discouraged because they shouldn't be. Great all around effort and like others have said, we played with the same intensity from the past couple of games. We need to string together 5 or 6 straight games of WINS though...I thought only 2 wins in a row coming into this game wasn't enough for us to overcome a team like Miami...although they played the night before so we should have won this game.
FabFourLakers

Postby hollywood swinger on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:Nash was kinda poopy ... You'd think a HoF point guard could school Kid 'n Play out there ...

Why didn't Meeks play? At least give Kobe a breather and provide another shooter ...

meeks didn't play because MDA can only coach a system he can't coach players and make in game adjustments
based on personel. never gonna win with the 2 phx suns wannabees nash & mda
hollywood swinger

Postby cthroatgtr on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:35 pm

My favorite officiating sucked moment was back to back trips that Battier pulled down Howard then Gasol with no call. That and of course the never ending holding and moving screens. Ray must have taught them that.
cthroatgtr

Postby BicepKiss on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:36 pm

Still think we need some 3 shooters though. Its getting awfully crowded in that paint.
BicepKiss

Postby DHL on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 pm

JOEL ANTHONY MOVING SCREENS
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion