WMC 13/14: CL went down yet Coach D remains! ugh

Re: WMC 13/14: Almost to 30 (16-29)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:32 pm

hmmmm sounds original.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30704
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby karacha on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:42 pm

Wes got more rebounds then I expected.
Pau played like a warrior and got some nice numbers today.
Marshall got his double-double.
Meeks scored some points and had 2 steals as well.
Hill got a double-double.
Swaggy did not meet expectations, but you can't have everything I guess.

Yet, we lost because they are simply much better. Better players overall, no injuries, better coach, more depth, stronger defense.

Oh well. We might win against the Bobcats, you never know.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37461
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:43 pm

My WMC is a repeat: OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS!
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30704
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby raviator on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Offensive rebounds, 50-50 balls, Swaggy P having an off night...oh and yet ANOTHER player gets a career high against us. BTW when was the last time we even won a game?
User avatar
raviator

 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:00 am
Location: East Coast

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:49 pm

goblins
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23048
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby Slurpee22 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:51 pm

Rooscooter wrote:goblins


Sea goblins or D'Antoni goblins?
Slurpee22

 
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Forrest Island

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby Rooscooter on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:52 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:goblins


Sea goblins or D'Antoni goblins?


I use the general description.... I'm not prejudice.
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23048
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby Slurpee22 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:00 pm

We might get lucky and win against the Bobcats, but I'm not willing to bet on it..... I think we are mentally and physically finished.
Slurpee22

 
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Forrest Island

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:55 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
Slurpee22 wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:goblins


Sea goblins or D'Antoni goblins?


I use the general description.... I'm not prejudice.


:man10:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15234
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:22 am

The Bobcats seem to always have our number for some reason.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6340
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby scissors on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:13 am

It is so frustrating to watch us lose so much and yet I torture myself and watch every game. I wish the season ended now.
User avatar
scissors

 
Posts: 4522
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:53 pm

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 am

Ehhh….I'm at least enjoying watching Marshall run a game and hit those funky shots and get to the hole even though slow. And Pau when he plays well. And god love Meeks, he gets hot once in awhile but his flashes of good athleticism used in basketball skills this year have been fun too. Plays as hard as he can go. The balls to the wall drives are more successful and also fun.

That's about it. :man10:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6486
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby thkthebest on Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Lakers Point Margins by Quarter.

First Quarter: -0.7 points (22nd in the league)
Second Quarter: -0.9 points (21st in the league)
Third Quarter: -3.5 points (dead last in the league)
Fourth Quarter: -0.3 points (17th in the league)

Lakers Opponents Offensive Rebounds:
13.3 per game - last in the league
thkthebest

 
Posts: 3954
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:41 pm

^ Case in point, MDA's offense help what terrible defense he already has.

1. Everyone is running in transition and not helping box out their man.
2. With everyone focused on offense, no one gets back on defense and opponents get multiple chances.
3. With small ball, rebounding mismatches are bound to be there, especially when 3 of your centers (Pau, Kaman, and Sacre) aren't particularly strong rebounders.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9920
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:05 pm

thkthebest wrote:Lakers Point Margins by Quarter.

First Quarter: -0.7 points (22nd in the league)
Second Quarter: -0.9 points (21st in the league)
Third Quarter: -3.5 points (dead last in the league)
Fourth Quarter: -0.3 points (17th in the league)

Lakers Opponents Offensive Rebounds:
13.3 per game - last in the league

jeez... :panic2: :bang:
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby Slurpee22 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:44 pm

I still wanna see anyone give a valid reason, that injuries are the reason we have 30 loses right now.... certainly people think role-players can make a difference in the W and L column and I disagree with that.
Slurpee22

 
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Forrest Island

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:I still wanna see anyone give a valid reason, that injuries are the reason we have 30 loses right now.... certainly people think role-players can make a difference in the W and L column and I disagree with that.

Really it is simple that you don't have the capacity to understand the logic passed to you on the MANY different ways you have asked the same question. No one can force you to understand that if you take out 5 of our top players on our team that the rest are going to struggle. You can't understand cause you don't want to understand or you are incapable of understanding. OK going back to those who understand basketball.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30704
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:18 pm

^^^ :man10: no kidding. This isn't rocket science that having Kobe out, Blake out, Farmar out, X who was playing very well this year out, Nash who should have been playing well according to the "plan" out …… and all the other games missed by key players on THIS roster including Pau for various reasons……. that more losses very likely than we might have otherwise had …… will occur.

Not to mention having an ex all star serviceable center / big man in Kaman on the team that blinders-on-for-his-system dumb a$$ Dan won't play. So just like an injury, he's not available either.

Got it, Slurp? :bang:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6486
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby Slurpee22 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:59 pm

I never said Farmar/Henry/Nash/Kobe aren't Impact players.... but if you actually calculate you can see that Kobe even if he was playing would have been struggling with the team based on the assumption that his injury takes a while to heal... would he have contribute? yes... but he wouldn't have a impact... same with Nash and the other role-players... if everyone was healthy we would probably have 5 less loses but would have still been struggling.
Slurpee22

 
Posts: 500
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:40 am
Location: Forrest Island

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:I never said Farmar/Henry/Nash/Kobe aren't Impact players.... but if you actually calculate you can see that Kobe even if he was playing would have been struggling with the team based on the assumption that his injury takes a while to heal... would he have contribute? yes... but he wouldn't have a impact... same with Nash and the other role-players... if everyone was healthy we would probably have 5 less loses but would have still been struggling.

where do you pull this crap from? You are aware that if you SPECULATE it is not actually FACT. Nothing you said is fact just some outlandish opinion based on what I can only assume is NBA2k playing knowledge. Kobe didn't struggle when he came back so why would you "assume" he would? THat makes no sense. Well most of what you have said makes no sense. As long as I have been on this board I have yet to see someone consistantly make post that have absolutely no foundation in facts. I am honestly baffled by your line of thinking. No way a team with the BEST BENCH IN THE NBA (prior to all the injuries) would only win 5 more games than they are at now. That is not counting Kobe at all. Dude give it up you aren't making any sense. Again.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30704
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby gcclaker on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:57 pm

Slurpee22 wrote:I never said Farmar/Henry/Nash/Kobe aren't Impact players.... but if you actually calculate you can see that Kobe even if he was playing would have been struggling with the team based on the assumption that his injury takes a while to heal... would he have contribute? yes... but he wouldn't have a impact... same with Nash and the other role-players... if everyone was healthy we would probably have 5 less loses but would have still been struggling.

Now...why would Bryant be playing IF he was injured and waiting for it to heal? If the players you mentioned were healthy, you don't believe that there would have been some cohesion if you think that they ARE impact players?
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15201
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby LOSLAKERS on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:10 am

Keep the L's comin :jam2:

Lakers need to engage FULL tank before Kobe comes back. 3rd worst record is anybody's game
User avatar
LOSLAKERS

 
Posts: 521
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:45 am

^^^ :man10: This is starting to be fun in a sick, perverse sort of way. "3rd worst record is anybody's game"


Watched me my first Marcus Smart video clips a few days ago. Kid looks strong, overpowering and quick. Only neg I had was he's a "chest pounding look at my big heart guy". Oh well most of these stars from grade school on are.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6486
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby karacha on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:33 pm

He's NBA ready, great leader with good court vision. Needs to lose few pounds though (210 would be more then enough IMO; he's already freakishly strong for a PG), but at least his style of basketball and the way he's built almost guarantee that he is not going to miss many games. NBA point guards are dropping like flies lately.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37461
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: WMC 13/14: 1st West team to 30 L's (16-30)

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Yeah, look at the longevity Fisher has had in the league being built like a tank, and more importantly keeping that build over all these years. That 3rd quarter buzzer beater against the Heat yesterday, he was still getting up with that build at what 37-38 years old now, around 18-20". But Fish always had same work ethic as Kobe. Not too many do at that age. Yeah Smart looks real strong. He's going to abuse other guards. 6'4" in shoes and 6'8" wingspan.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6486
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 15 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.