This isn't just about the GSW game, but our starting unit is just downright terrible. From the preseason and these two regular season games they have no energy or any real advantage over the teams they play.
- Blake and Meeks cannot play together. Both are spot up shooters that have no PG skills. Blake needs to stop dribbling around in circles around the basket. Neither of these guys create for others and we are sticking the ball with these two to be the primary ball handlers on offense which leads to crappy possessions.
- Nick Young cannot play with Blake and Meeks. He's not passing it, so when he has the ball Blake and Meeks become worthless. He needs to play with a PG or Kobe that will take the ball from him and set him up for looks and quick moves so that he will be effective and the offense doesn't struggle.
- Farmar, Henry, Hill need to play together. They are, our best young combo of players that can play efficiently on both ends of the court. Move them into the starting lineup, so we don't come out looking like dog crap every game. They are young, hungry, want to win and you know can keep up with the teams we play.
- Move Nash to the bench. Even though he's old and can't move, he's still a better option than having Blake/Meeks on the court together because he can still pass and set spot up shooters up with easy shots. It will also prevent our starting lineup from being eaten alive and he can go against opposing teams backups, which should allow him to be more effective. This will also facilitate getting the ball out of Young's hands.
- Move Johnson back to the 3 and Williams to the backup PF. The Johnson at the 4 experiment is just no good because he's already at a disadvantage because he's not a great player to begin with. Not going to help when he has to guard David Lee, ZBO, etc. Williams is better suited to come off the bench because his game is very hit or miss. His defense is there, but much like Earl Clark, when his offense isn't, he tends to disappear. Backup role, spacing the floor for a Kaman/Nash pick and roll is better suited for him.
Farmar / Nash / Blake
Henry / Young / Blake or Meeks
Kobe / Johnson
Hill / Williams
Pau / Kaman
Starting lineup isn't suddenly old and unathletic as hell and the bench still has scoring with Young/Kaman, shooters with Williams/Nash and is athletic to cover for Nash on the defensive end.
Right now we have to live with it because Kobe is out, but the concept is still the same, play the people that mesh well and keep people that don't off the court with each other.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.