WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Go Ahead Jump off the Wagon (9-13)

Postby purp n gold on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:30 pm

borri wrote:
purp n gold wrote:What is jumping off the wagon? I'll be watching tonight (my day off), but lately I find myself NOT breaking my back to try and see the games live. It's not that I've stopped caring, its that I can't spend my free time being LIVID at the TV screen. Caring too much = off the wagon?

Do what I do. Take a break from watching games. I sound like a bandwagoner, but in cases like this, I wait til we win a couple of games in a row, then come back and watch and pray I don't jinx the team.

I do it to re-charge my Laker fuel. Pretty much when i get way too upset over a loss, I step back and take a break from Lakers altogether.

Venting helps. ALOT. That's why this thread is the best thread in all of CL, unless we win the CHIP of course.

I'm on the same page Borri. I vent here on CL but I've pretty much tuned out sports talk and Laker games in the past week and a half. It's just too much at this point.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby alexthegreat on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:57 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Times like this only make me a bigger fan. Only makes me want to show off that I'm a Lakers fan more.

Hell, I think that my Facebook posts about the Lakers are at an all time high right now. I'm not shying away from the losing. I'm embracing it. Through thick and thin.

same here. It makes me even prouder and happy to see Kobe not ignoring the issues and really looking for a way to bring the team together.
alexthegreat

Postby Juronimo on Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:56 pm

9 - 13 f me, what a nightmare, I never envisioned this. The only silver lining is that when Nash and Pau return, our bench immediately improves and no more Darius Morris on the court. In the meantime, I think we need to start Darius Morris. With the starters, his weaknesses are masked, he doesn't have to playmake, and he can just play D and provide energy. With the second unit, all of the sudden he has to playmake, which he sucks at, and we end up digging a big hole for ourselves. I think that's why second quarters are always so troublesome. It seems like when Mike D'antoni made that change, I don't believe we've won a game since then but I could be wrong.

Also, we need to go all out on D, like game 7 of the finals all out. We don't generate turnovers, we don't get easy buckets. Kobe needs to lead here and set the example. We can't expect Dwight to guard the whole team, it just doesn't work like that. Be disciplined, get back on D, move the ball on O, go for high percentage looks, leave the refs alone.

If we can at least play like we have some pride, we can at least tread water until we get everyone back. If not it's lottery time and right now the trend is not in our favor at all.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby gill on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:01 pm

I have no words anymore. Maybe I'm gonna do a realdeal again and just start posting pics again.
gill

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Trade......

Sign Delonte West.....

Something.....

We are the walker with no legs in the, "The Walking Dead" and we are just crawling around the park waiting for Rick Grimes to come put us out of our misery.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Armani on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:03 pm

9-14. We'll need a trade.
Armani

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:23 pm

No trade can turn this around right now...no realistic trade anyway.

We first have to get healthy and then see what we look like after that. Until then, avoid national sports radio/tv and enjoy Christmas.
bumrusherer

Re: WMC 12/13: Oh CL will be fun tonight (9-13)

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:54 pm

we r bad
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby gill on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:57 pm

We can't even run damn pick and rolls... bread and butter of D'Antoni's offense. It's all iso ball or chuck a 3. No ball movement either.

gill

Postby escobar8 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:58 pm

another game where we let other team score +40p in one Q... :bang:

we are not even capable to cut deficite even lil bit...even with anthony out..
escobar8

Postby dj vitus on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:02 pm

We're on pace to have the worst Laker record in 37 years. :jam2: 1975, the year before we got Kareem.

:bang: :bang: :bang:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:05 pm

bunch of chumps. coach whatever. injuries whatever. chemistry whatever. should STILL have a better record than this. bunch of chumps.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Tragic on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:12 pm

we're awful
Tragic

Postby dmaul on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:18 pm

It's amazing how great they've been in acquiring talent and how awful they've been in picking coaches. But I don't think Phil Jackson could save this team either. They wouldn't be this bad with him but they're not going far either. Second round flame out at most with Jackson.
dmaul

Postby Center Court on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Can anyone really pin point the specific problem? Better question, can someone pin point a specific advantage?

I'm stuggling to find how and where to address things.

Personnel change, better coach, change in culture, WTF is it???? :bang:
Center Court

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Center Court wrote:Can anyone really pin point the specific problem? Better question, can someone pin point a specific advantage?

Honestly ... patience. You can't draw a conclusion with incomplete data. We haven't seen this team operate together with Nash running the point. However, with that being said, I think a trade is inevitable just because Dr. Buss will not stand for a subpar product at a ridiculously bloated price.

The December 15th deadline is important because many guys will become available.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Tragic on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Defense is so [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] awful. We cut the lead to 7 and meeks gives raymond Felton all the room to maneuver and throw a lob.
Tragic

Re: WMC 12/13: Oh CL will be fun tonight (9-14)

Postby basketboy on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:49 pm

kobe needs to stop scoring over 30
all i know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything.
basketboy

Postby BicepKiss on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Im kinda angry they came back at then end. I wanted to get super drunk and rant all over this board, but now they gave me hope they can come together as a team. Dammit can they make up their mind whether they want to suck or be good. Such a confusing BBALL club
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby TaniBoyz on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm

basketboy wrote:kobe needs to stop scoring over 30

that's right, we need to lose by 20+ :jam2:
TaniBoyz

Postby last stand on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm

the issue is the same. it's been the issue for 3 years now and will continue. SF. the lakers get no production out of it. Artest and Ebanks force us to play 4 on 5 and when they are both out there you see kobe struggling to find any space because noone cares about those 2.

that's the issue. Nash isn't solving that unless we start meeks at SG and kobe at SF. otherwise it's the same BS 4 on 5 basketball because our SFs can't defend or score. i don't think people comprehend how much better we'd be if we at least had something from SF. whether it be offense or defense if we got any production we'd be better.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby BicepKiss on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Big Mamma Jamma wrote:
Center Court wrote:Can anyone really pin point the specific problem? Better question, can someone pin point a specific advantage?

Honestly ... patience. You can't draw a conclusion with incomplete data. We haven't seen this team operate together with Nash running the point. However, with that being said, I think a trade is inevitable just because Dr. Buss will not stand for a subpar product at a ridiculously bloated price.

The December 15th deadline is important because many guys will become available.
Yeah I guess patience is the answer. Made to many changes in a small amount of time plus injuries. So we gotta let the dust settle.
Ron Artest: "Mark Cuban just invented nipple enhancement juice"
BicepKiss

Postby noobiew on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 pm

This game was not even close if Melo was not injured and out in the early of the 3rd quarter, smh
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby abeer3 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:54 pm

basketboy wrote:kobe needs to stop scoring over 30

lol, when he hit 31, i was like, obviously they're going to lose now. had he not scored again, they were totally going to win!

my wmc was the pick and roll defense in the first half. it got a little better in the second, but still not where it needs to be. guys (including kobe) actually dove from the weak side and tried to get in chandler's way a few times in the second half, though, which marks the first time all year that dwight's been able to leave his man's side without him getting a wide open dunk off a dump off or put back.

truth is, i expected a loss. so my other wmc is this: why play the starters heavy minutes? with the way this team is playing, getting a win in washington may prove to be difficult. a friday night game in your only visit to dc this season on the second night of a back to back? and you just played kobe the entire second half? odd.
abeer3

Postby Forward Three on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:55 pm

I don't think this team is going to make the playoffs.
Forward Three

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion