WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:24 pm

lets get this straight MWP had a reputation, however, arbitrary suspensions that are not equal is still wrong. Ibaka should not have to hit 5 guys in the nutts to finally get a suspension or show "history" of doing so. That is idiotic thinking.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30522
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:32 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:lets get this straight MWP had a reputation, however, arbitrary suspensions that are not equal is still wrong. Ibaka should not have to hit 5 guys in the nutts to finally get a suspension or show "history" of doing so. That is idiotic thinking.

I think the right answer is to not suspend people for that kind of thing at all. I think that's a flagrant foul: clearly the guy hit him in the nuts. Not okay, needs to be punished.

Metta should get flagrant fouls whenever he commits one, but to suspend him is stupid. Sure he deserves it, but so do a lot of citizens in the world who get full rights and privileges without deserving it.

All I want is consistency. That's it. Why isn't there a chart they can turn to that says: this is what consitutes this and here's the punishment for it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40202
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:34 pm

24/23goats wrote:why do you act like Ibaka has the same reputation as MWP and deserves the same treatment? Of course MWP gets more fouls/fines/suspensions because of his history and well hes kinda insane. Ibaka's slap doesnt deserve a suspension, the flagrant 1 is enough. You guys call the league soft, but cry when someone doesnt get suspended for something like that.

Lakers have a pretty good chance against okc as long as they stop the fastbreak. OKC is a pretty bad team when you get them in half court. its either durant iso or westbrook iso which is bound to fail if one of them is off.


and dwayne wade? will bynum? those guys really don't have a reputation like Metta they got a suspension.

that act was INTENTIONAL. wades hit wasn't nearly obvious as ibaka and it was a FULL SWING with complete intention.
Last edited by lakerfan2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9825
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby khmrP on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:35 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:lets get this straight MWP had a reputation, however, arbitrary suspensions that are not equal is still wrong. Ibaka should not have to hit 5 guys in the nutts to finally get a suspension or show "history" of doing so. That is idiotic thinking.


MWP has it and still lives up to it because no amount of suspension seems to deter him from continuing to do those things. Still does not apply a comparison to Ibaka, maybe he does deserve at least one game suspension but using MWP as the basis/example is not a fair comparison.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:39 pm

i hate the heat! how the hell was barea's foul on allen a flagrant 2?? dwight gets fouled harder than that without a single call let alone a flag 2. poor little old ray allen has to flop when a 5 foot guy bumps him.

if that is a flag 2 than serge should be suspended 1 game no doubt. there has to be some consistency or rating or something. bc thats bs! no way are those 2 the same thing no way! i wouldnt even call barea's a flagrant would have given him a regular foul and tech. serge is def a flag and intentional to a dangerous part of the body.

metta go suspended for that brandon knight bs which was nothing compared to serge's thing on blake. metta's didnt even change the games outcome or anything. serge's should be a suspension if barea got a flag 2 on that and metta go suspended.

even if barea's gets changed it already got him kicked out of a 6 point game and could have changed the outcome. refs control is too much
Last edited by Ariza3 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby 24/23goats on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:42 pm

laker911 wrote:
24/23goats wrote:You guys call the league soft, but cry when someone doesnt get suspended for something like that.

You really don't get why we are upset do you? It's the fact that there are different rules for different people and teams. I'd be happy if the league were consistent on suspensions and fines, however it seems that Stern and his amigos bend the rules a lot to favor certain teams and players.


Every fanbase of every team thinks they are getting screwed by the league and refs. You guys complain more than most when it comes to the league screwing you over, yet you guys have been the golden franchise for over 20 years. All this talk about how he would be suspended if they were playing any other team makes you look like a jealous ex girlfriend.

the league does a pretty good job at punishing players while taking into consideration the malicious intent and repeated offenses/reputation imo.
24/23goats

 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Precedence says it should be a one game suspension. Kind of the end of the story, IMO. No one expects Ibaka to literally be suspended as long as a guy like MWP. It's just more shock that Ibaka got nothing when Wade did the same thing and got a full game suspension - the MWP bit is just thrown in there by everyone to expose/slightly exaggerate the disparity and inconsistency of the league in handing down their punishments. The lack of consistency makes them seem arbitrary at best, and kind of playing favorites at worst. Clean up the consistency, follow your own precedence in rulings and people don't have a lot to complain about.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15207
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:44 pm

they wont suspend him just bc theyre playing the lakers next. if it was the bobcats or some other crap team they prob would. but the lakers vs okc....no way they suspend him. its a fine and thats it.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby JGC on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:52 pm

laker911 wrote:
24/23goats wrote:You guys call the league soft, but cry when someone doesnt get suspended for something like that.

You really don't get why we are upset do you? It's the fact that there are different rules for different people and teams. I'd be happy if the league were consistent on suspensions and fines, however it seems that Stern and his amigos bend the rules a lot to favor certain teams and players.


You're really that upset about the fact that Kobe gets the star treatment and the benefit of the whistle from the refs? It works to our favor so why would you be upset about it?

I think the league is consistent (for the most part). Unless, you're talking about eliminating the concept of the repeat offender which I don't agree with. If Ibaka had the background MWP had, then he should have been punished the way MWP had been. Bottom line is that MWP and Ibaka shouldn't be treated the same. Ibaka's record is clean and MWP's is not.

Also, I don't really agree that Stern is out to 'cheat' us in to the postseason. I do get that there is a contingent of NBA followers that believe the league is forcing the Lakers in by making the other seeds lose and creating excitement around the playoff race but that all sounds a bit silly to me.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:58 pm

Kobe DOES NOT get anymore whistles. You are not watching Laker games.

And the "reputation" excuse goes out the door for players like Dwayne Wade and Will Bynum?
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9825
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby laker911 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:00 pm

So any player with no prior history of misconduct can basically punch another player in the balls and not get suspended?

Do you guys realize how stupid that statement sounds?

P.S. I really laughed at that Kobe gets star treatment line. Do you even watch Lakers game anymore?
User avatar
laker911

 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: many places

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby khmrP on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:04 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Kobe DOES NOT get anymore whistles. You are not watching Laker games.

And the "reputation" excuse goes out the door for players like Dwayne Wade and Will Bynum?

using Wade as example should cancel out the "favoritism" argument out the door and lets not act as if Wade is Mr. Clean here, dude is as dirty as they come, the only argument here is consistently, which i agree with but MWP should not be anywhere in this conversation, he's in a league of his own when it comes non basketball violations.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:08 pm

khmrP wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:lets get this straight MWP had a reputation, however, arbitrary suspensions that are not equal is still wrong. Ibaka should not have to hit 5 guys in the nutts to finally get a suspension or show "history" of doing so. That is idiotic thinking.


MWP has it and still lives up to it because no amount of suspension seems to deter him from continuing to do those things. Still does not apply a comparison to Ibaka, maybe he does deserve at least one game suspension but using MWP as the basis/example is not a fair comparison.


No dude, we're looking for consistency in a so called "professional league".

What Ibaka did should warrant an ejection at the LEAST, and a fine if not suspension. It is completely warranted. Ibaka's act was intentional....most of MWP's are, but a few times he's gotten penalized for things not in his control.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby khmrP on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
khmrP wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:lets get this straight MWP had a reputation, however, arbitrary suspensions that are not equal is still wrong. Ibaka should not have to hit 5 guys in the nutts to finally get a suspension or show "history" of doing so. That is idiotic thinking.


MWP has it and still lives up to it because no amount of suspension seems to deter him from continuing to do those things. Still does not apply a comparison to Ibaka, maybe he does deserve at least one game suspension but using MWP as the basis/example is not a fair comparison.


No dude, we're looking for consistency in a so called "professional league".

What Ibaka did should warrant an ejection at the LEAST, and a fine if not suspension. It is completely warranted. Ibaka's act was intentional....most of MWP's are, but a few times he's gotten penalized for things not in his control.


Ibaka did get fine
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:12 pm

khmrP wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Kobe DOES NOT get anymore whistles. You are not watching Laker games.

And the "reputation" excuse goes out the door for players like Dwayne Wade and Will Bynum?

using Wade as example should cancel out the "favoritism" argument out the door and lets not act as if Wade is Mr. Clean here, dude is as dirty as they come, the only argument here is consistently, which i agree with but MWP should not be anywhere in this conversation, he's in a league of his own when it comes non basketball violations.


he doesn't have a Metta reputation though. And Barea and Will Bynum?

MWP i understand. Barnes I understand. But something as clear as what Ibaka did deserves suspension.

Take this into consideration: Steve Blake yells at fan: $25,000 fine. Serge Ibaka hits groin: $25,000 fine.

Really?
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9825
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby khmrP on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:17 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
khmrP wrote:
lakerfan2 wrote:Kobe DOES NOT get anymore whistles. You are not watching Laker games.

And the "reputation" excuse goes out the door for players like Dwayne Wade and Will Bynum?

using Wade as example should cancel out the "favoritism" argument out the door and lets not act as if Wade is Mr. Clean here, dude is as dirty as they come, the only argument here is consistently, which i agree with but MWP should not be anywhere in this conversation, he's in a league of his own when it comes non basketball violations.


he doesn't have a Metta reputation though. And Barea and Will Bynum?

MWP i understand. Barnes I understand. But something as clear as what Ibaka did deserves suspension.

Take this into consideration: Steve Blake yells at fan: $25,000 fine. Serge Ibaka hits groin: $25,000 fine.

Really?


yes I said I agree bout consistency but using Wade show there is no favoritism, he's a poster boy now with Lebron and they do no wrong. So if he's getting suspended then its just as random as you can get except when it comes to dudes like MWP/Barnes, you can be fairly consistent that these type of guys will definetly get suspended and a long one at that for these type of actions.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby 24/23goats on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:20 pm

Only reason I think they suspended wade and not ibaka is they felt wades kick was intentional and ibakas slap wasnt. It doesnt mean that you think that way. Plus the media made a much bigger deal of wade hitting sessions than ibaka and griffin. For people who bring up lil JJ that recently got ejected for pushing ray allen, that was because it was intentional and he admitted it afterwards.

any incident involving a fan is more egregious than another player. player simple as that.
24/23goats

 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:21 pm

you can't sit here and tell me ibaka's hit was not intentional. dude literally stared at blake griffin's balls before he looked up.
#OURHOUSE
User avatar
lakerfan2

 
Posts: 9825
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:22 pm

:man10:

So simple. Yelling at a fan is definitely equal to slapping another player in the private parts.

It's not hard to understand what most of us want: consistency.

I wouldn't want a cop to come tell me on Monday "J-Walking is a 45 dollar offense!" Then on Thursday tell me "J-Walking is an offense punishable by time in prison!"
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40202
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby 24/23goats on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm

doesnt matter what you or I think. Only what the league thinks. Thats just my opinion on why they didnt suspend him.

yelling at a fan is worse than punching another player. btw
Last edited by 24/23goats on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24/23goats

 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm

You hit the nail on the head. It's all about the media perception. The NBA has to keep its image.

I remember last year when Ron Ron elbowed Harden...it was a national game on ABC and that f****** imbecile Mike Breen says "Without a doubt MWP will be missing multiple games for this"....and that pretty much sealed the deal.

Of course he should have been suspended, but 5 games?

F*** Mike Breen I hate that clown.
Last edited by Chillbongo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:25 pm

24/23goats wrote:doesnt matter what you or I think. Only what the league thinks. Thats just my opinion on why they didnt suspend him.

yelling at a fan is worse than punching another player. btw

I understand my opinion doesn't matter, but I come here to post it anyway. I assume that's why you're here too.

And I don't think it is. btw
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40202
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:27 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:Take this into consideration: Steve Blake yells at fan: $25,000 fine. Serge Ibaka hits groin: $25,000 fine.


This
Last edited by Chillbongo on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby 24/23goats on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:28 pm

well thats your opinion. Mine is theres nothing worse than doing something against the people that support your sport and make it possible for you to have a job. BG isnt giving ibaka a job. All the fans who support the NBA are the ones who make being an pro baller possible
24/23goats

 
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:50 am

Re: WMC 12/13: .500! Finally flushed it home (30-30)

Postby Coach Chris on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:37 pm

laker911 wrote:
24/23goats wrote:You guys call the league soft, but cry when someone doesnt get suspended for something like that.

You really don't get why we are upset do you? It's the fact that there are different rules for different people and teams. I'd be happy if the league were consistent on suspensions and fines, however it seems that Stern and his amigos bend the rules a lot to favor certain teams and players.


I don't see what rules are being bent, and I don't see them favoring certain teams or players. I do believe there are different rules for different players, and Artest is one of them. It is a reputation he has earned, so it is tough to fault the league and not him. I think that in 10 out of 10 cases, the overreaction will be to the shot to the head/neck over the shot to the nads. Ron has the reputation as, and he is, a head hunter. That will get you special attention from the league.
Dr. Jerry Buss
January 27, 1933 - February 18, 2013
User avatar
Coach Chris

 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MadMax and 19 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.