WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:16 pm

this team sucks, plain and simple. I expect nothing short of a 15 point blow out on Friday.
Image
User avatar
thisbjgz

 
Posts: 2432
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:03 am
Location: brooklyn, nyc !

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:17 pm

Game that should have been won. No question.

Struggled to come up with positives. So here are some thoughts:
1. No heart from this team.
2. Why not more Jordan Hill?
3. God awful three-point shooting.
4. Some crap D.
5. Nash getting worked in the post. We need to address this problem; seems D'Antoni could've crossed up him and Kobe on D. Not sure why he didn't.
6. Awful, awful closes to quarters.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46213
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby Finwë on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:18 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Does anyone honestly think a team that can't get over .500, can't even beat an average team at home, I seriously going to win the championship? I want to believe but they're making it tough. Even this clown coach Dave Miller is mad right now, when you upset the master of disguise you have reached pathetic levels.


Forget about winning a title ... it's about preventing to be the biggest embarassement in sports history by missing the playoffs ... which at this point is probable

Sadly, this.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby Legendary on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:19 pm

And the lackadaisical attitude...no sense of urgency AT ALL.

Look...if they don't like each other, someone needs to say it, so we can start trading these idiots. I'm getting the sense that there's something going on within the locker-room... SPEAK UP someone...ANYBODY.
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby ThizGuy83 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 pm

BDG wrote:Well since it looks like we're screwed this year, Mitch's plan next offseason should be.

1) Resign Dwight (as much as I hate Dwight right now, there's no better option and his health could improve by then)
2) Trade Gasol's expiring contract for a legit option
3) Get a backup PG & SF

sucks cuz we all had high expectations and were all excited... i pretty much convinced myself lakers are not going to win it...
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
User avatar
ThizGuy83

 
Posts: 2658
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: SO CAL!!

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby Finwë on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 pm

trodgers wrote:Game that should have been won. No question.

Struggled to come up with positives. So here are some thoughts:
1. No heart from this team.
2. Why not more Jordan Hill?
3. God awful three-point shooting.
4. Some crap D.
5. Nash getting worked in the post. We need to address this problem; seems D'Antoni could've crossed up him and Kobe on D. Not sure why he didn't.
6. Awful, awful closes to quarters.

I'll add:
7. FT shooting through most of the game
8. Shot selection down the stretch, kept jacking up 3s in the last minute..
9. Pau, Howard and Morris
10. How could Jamison have done worse than these guys? Put the dude in.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby ElginTheGreat on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:23 pm

thisbjgz wrote:this team sucks, plain and simple. I expect nothing short of a 15 point blow out on Friday.


Basically.
User avatar
ElginTheGreat

 
Posts: 2404
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:53 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:24 pm

i've never been more frustrated with a lakers team than this one. if we were 18-13, i still wouldn't be thrilled but we'd be in the playoff picture and there'd be some semblance of hope.

this team just doesn't care. you won't convince me otherwise until we run off 8 in a row or 12 of 15.
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:26 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Does anyone honestly think a team that can't get over .500, can't even beat an average team at home, I seriously going to win the championship? I want to believe but they're making it tough. Even this clown coach Dave Miller is mad right now, when you upset the master of disguise you have reached pathetic levels.


Forget about winning a title ... it's about preventing to be the biggest embarassement in sports history by missing the playoffs ... which at this point is probable
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby ThizGuy83 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:26 pm

i just dont understand this team... i cant believe im saying this but we were actually more fun to watch last year than this year and we have way more talent this year than last... i dunno if phil jackson could even fix wutever is going on but i know i would feel more confident just cuz of his success
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
User avatar
ThizGuy83

 
Posts: 2658
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:21 pm
Location: SO CAL!!

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:27 pm

we need fisher. if theres one thing the guy could always do besides hit clutch shots, was get a team united and playing the right way.

i fully expect getting destroyed by the clippers after plenty of rest. sorry dwight but if youre not 100% and cant give the team what it needs then dont play and get to 100% before coming back. Pau too with his foot problem. he got his dunk blocked and after the whistle blew he tried dunking the ball out of anger and still couldnt do it....he missed. Limit Pau's minutes until hes better so at least Jamison can play.

Im sorry but 7 points on 1/7 shooting from the best center in the league is beyond pathetic. get your s*** together dwight otherwise dont play.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby noobiew on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:28 pm

Jrue Holiday is really tough to cover, once Bynum back with them, this Philly team is gonna be a legit contender in the East. :man9:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:30 pm

I'm literally tired of complaining. I just don't even have the energy to show hate on this team anymore. I'm exhausted. They've drained everything out of me. We just can't consistently defend. And thats what it comes down to. It wasn't turnovers, or free throws, we just could not defend. As bad as our bigs played, if we stringed together 4 consecutive stops at any point in that fourth quarter, we take the lead. But we can't. Maybe its coaching, maybe its the players, but there's one thing for certain, if you still have championship aspirations, I highly advise you to open your eyes. Because they clearly don't.
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:32 pm

trodgers wrote:5. Nash getting worked in the post. We need to address this problem; seems D'Antoni could've crossed up him and Kobe on D. Not sure why he didn't.


they tried that in the 4th, Holiday still had his way with Kobe
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby ElginTheGreat on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:32 pm

This team just isn't that good and I am rapidly losing faith that we can turn it around. Pick your cliche or buzzword and it applies here. Lack of heart, consistency, fire in the belly, whatever you want to roll out there, it fits this team. Awful performance tonight. Just awful.
User avatar
ElginTheGreat

 
Posts: 2404
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:53 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:35 pm

King of Clutch wrote:I'm literally tired of complaining. I just don't even have the energy to show hate on this team anymore. I'm exhausted. They've drained everything out of me. We just can't consistently defend. And thats what it comes down to. It wasn't turnovers, or free throws, we just could not defend. As bad as our bigs played, if we stringed together 4 consecutive stops at any point in that fourth quarter, we take the lead. But we can't. Maybe its coaching, maybe its the players, but there's one thing for certain, if you still have championship aspirations, I highly advise you to open your eyes. Because they clearly don't.


It's not rocket science why our d sucks. Our back court is Nash and Kobe. Nash was alway a liability on d and even more so now. Then you have Kobe. He's about as bad as Nash right now. He can't keep anyone in front of him and is terrible at p&r defense and staying disciplined with his man. When your starting backcourt can't keep anyone in front of them, u got serious issues.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2708
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby hollywood swinger on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:36 pm

Why is it so hard for people to admit that this team just isn't going anywhere this year. horrible horrible chemistry on this team. it's funny to even call them a team because they are anything but. the pieces don't fit and will not fit. so all of the it takes time is just lip service. you have changed the coach now the only thing to do is
change players. we are what we are. there is NOOOOOOOOO way this team can beat OKC in the playoffs. i would be disappointed in okc if they didn't sweep us.
face it guys this team has Zero chance to win a title. i am officially off the bandwagon that this team will turn it around & compete for a championship this year. we need to retool again next year because this team is what it is.... an under .500 team.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
User avatar
hollywood swinger

 
Posts: 3149
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:43 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby Legendary on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:37 pm

MWP had 17 shots... :man10:
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby Pig Miller on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:37 pm

i think i'm taking january off. might still catch a few games but won't spend hours on this team.

maybe i'll feel better now that my expectation for this team is strictly a .500 team.
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2859
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:38 pm

i'm pretty sure this is exactly why they invented the phrase "good on paper"
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10388
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:39 pm

khmrP wrote:
trodgers wrote:5. Nash getting worked in the post. We need to address this problem; seems D'Antoni could've crossed up him and Kobe on D. Not sure why he didn't.


they tried that in the 4th, Holiday still had his way with Kobe

Everyone had their way with Nash.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46213
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:I'm literally tired of complaining. I just don't even have the energy to show hate on this team anymore. I'm exhausted. They've drained everything out of me. We just can't consistently defend. And thats what it comes down to. It wasn't turnovers, or free throws, we just could not defend. As bad as our bigs played, if we stringed together 4 consecutive stops at any point in that fourth quarter, we take the lead. But we can't. Maybe its coaching, maybe its the players, but there's one thing for certain, if you still have championship aspirations, I highly advise you to open your eyes. Because they clearly don't.


It's not rocket science why our d sucks. Our back court is Nash and Kobe. Nash was alway a liability on d and even more so now. Then you have Kobe. He's about as bad as Nash right now. He can't keep anyone in front of him and is terrible at p&r defense and staying disciplined with his man. When your starting backcourt can't keep anyone in front of them, u got serious issues.

Last I checked, basketball isn't a one on one game. If they get blown by, there should be multiple rotations happening simultaneously. Sure they may be partly to blame, but not at all the main problems. There's no defensive principles. And its as clear as day.
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 pm

A good defensive team has defensive principles. If nash is alone on the wing against someone he should KNOW to get up on them, and there should be someone sliding over around the paint half doubling to show they'll prevent the drive around the paint. Same goes with anyone else. They should know which ways they'll force pgs, and where the back side help is coming from. There's a difference between having "good defensive players" and having a "good defensive team". We don't have the latter. And thats mostly on the coaching.
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:45 pm

Defense starts with one on one d. If you have guys who can't do that, u got issues. Sure help defense is also crucial but it starts with keeping your man in front of you and making him work and earn it. Not just letting them blow by you all the time which leaves your teammates vulnerable.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2708
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: WMC about to explode (15-16)

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:49 pm

This team's help D has been called atrocious by everyone. Dwight helps and no one helps him.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46213
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barnstable, jlkr, LakersN4, therealdeal, wolfpaclaker and 20 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.