WMC 14/15: that was bad! (8-17)

WMC 14/15: that was bad! (8-17)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Well here we are again my fellow lovers of the Purple and Gold (and those who like other colors too). If you have been around CL for more than a year then you know the premise of this thread. In here we Whine, Moan and Complain about all things Lakers. The coach, the players, the fans, the bathrooms, the fact that Staples is infested with a losing organism like the Clippers. This threat is to let it out (within the rules mind you) when you feel the need to vent. Kobe shoots too much? Bring it here. Thing the torch should of been passed to Dwight? Bring it here. Mitch ties his shoes the wrong way for your liking? Drop that knowledge here. In short this is the place to let the anger out. Of course, no comment made is above response so do get upset if someone calls you out on that stupid post about Mitch's shoe laces. The new year does not start until we have officially started the new WMC thread (and Therealdeal starts his Optimism thread). Well ladies and gentlemen let the new year begin............................................................. :jam2:
Last edited by puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Re: WMC 14/15: Draft time... lets get this started

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:35 pm

Oh man! We're getting this going already!

My WMC: Nash. :man10: Man that guy's contract is killing us right now even more than Kobe's. Nash really just... Oh man. Zero production for 10 million dollars and just to get rid of him we'd have to trade our ONLY ASSET!

RETIRE YOU ****!!!!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:37 pm

therealdeal wrote:Oh man! We're getting this going already!

My WMC: Nash. :man10: Man that guy's contract is killing us right now even more than Kobe's. Nash really just... Oh man. Zero production for 10 million dollars and just to get rid of him we'd have to trade our ONLY ASSET!

RETIRE YOU ****!!!!

it always starts around the draft cause no matter who we pick there will be people pissed off about it. We could literally come out of the draft and free agency with Kobe, Melo, Bron, KD and Damien Lillard and fans would be like "WTF is Jim and Mitch doing we don't have a center other than soft Gasol or Sacre :bang: :bang: :bang: " lol.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:38 pm

I hope we keep the pick and its Smart...also hoping we buy a 2nd 1st pick or a few 2nd rd pick. Will have to definetly make out to vegas for the summer leagues this year if that happens.

WMC-if we pick Payton, guy looks like he's always high.
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Current WMC, Nash, he's hanging over our franchise like a dark cloud. I will also complain like crazy if we trade our pick for the possibility of LeBron, or if we draft Payton or McDermott.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:45 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:it always starts around the draft cause no matter who we pick there will be people pissed off about it. We could literally come out of the draft and free agency with Kobe, Melo, Bron, KD and Damien Lillard and fans would be like "WTF is Jim and Mitch doing we don't have a center other than soft Gasol or Sacre :bang: :bang: :bang: " lol.

Seriously though LeBron can't play Center. The FO sucks.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakeShow85 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:46 pm

khmrP wrote:I hope we keep the pick and its Smart...also hoping we buy a 2nd 1st pick or a few 2nd rd pick. Will have to definetly make out to vegas for the summer leagues this year if that happens.

WMC-if we pick Payton, guy looks like he's always high.

And what's wrong with the dudes hair :hurl:

Don't wanna look at that guy for the duration of Laker games.
If it doesn't matter who wins then why do they keep score?
Is it possible to have 2 G.O.A.T.'s
LakeShow85

Postby LakeShow85 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Nash... :bang: :disagree: :mad1: :man2:

GO AWAY!!!
If it doesn't matter who wins then why do they keep score?
Is it possible to have 2 G.O.A.T.'s
LakeShow85

Postby kenzo on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Injuries :freak2: (anti jinx).
kenzo

Postby Tommyboy456 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress now

Pretty much everyone I talk to is indicating that the Celtics are down to Randle or Smart at #6. Gordon seemingly third. Vonleh not in mix.
Tommyboy456

Postby lotus on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:06 pm

I can't believe how much was given up in order to get Nash to accommodate a half a** coach. Money and 1st round picks for player that has barely played, and the coach he was brought for is gone. FO failed big time. Holy damn, I don't know how this organization will recover when you add this to the other gaffs.
lotus

Postby Tommyboy456 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Retweeted by KEVIN DING
Bleacher Report NBA ‏@BR_NBA 1h

The latest showdown in the Celtics-Lakers rivalry takes place Thursday night. @KevinDing explains http://bit.ly/1qaSLUI
Tommyboy456

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:11 pm

Tommyboy456 wrote:

Pretty much everyone I talk to is indicating that the Celtics are down to Randle or Smart at #6. Gordon seemingly third. Vonleh not in mix.

Damn them, I want Randle or Smart. I'm gonna be pissed if 1-6 is Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Embiid, Smart, and Randle.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:18 pm

Tommyboy456 wrote:

Knew it :bang: They will make us choose from Gordon and Vonleh...
kenzo

Postby MadMax on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Weezy wrote:
Tommyboy456 wrote:

Damn them, I want Randle or Smart. I'm gonna be pissed if 1-6 is Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Embiid, Smart, and Randle.

Considering the Lakers luck in the last few years, this is exactly what will happen.
MadMax
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:27 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Well here we are again my fellow lovers of the Purple and Gold (and those who like other colors too). If you have been around CL for more than a year then you know the premise of this thread. In here we Whine, Moan and Complain about all things Lakers. The coach, the players, the fans, the bathrooms, the fact that Staples is infested with a losing organism like the Clippers ( :man10: :man10: :man10: ) ( :jam2: :bow: ). This thread is to let it out (within the rules mind you) when you feel the need to vent. Kobe shots too much? Bring it here. Think the torch should of been passed to Dwight? (where's Odom you know who) Bring it here. Mitch ties his shoes the wrong way for your liking? Drop that knowledge here. In short this is the place to let the anger out. Of course, no comment made is above response so don't get upset if someone calls you out on that stupid post about Mitch's shoe laces. The new year does not start until we have officially started the new WMC thread (and Therealdeal starts his Optimism thread). ( :man10: :bow: ) Well ladies and gentlemen let the new year begin............................................................. :jam2:

Great post and "start" for 2014/2015, Puff. Really enjoy your presence here. I can't wait to see what happens starting Thursday night. I can't wait to see Kobe next year. I am betting he is here beyond next 2 seasons.

But to cover your back I have gone through and spell checked for you.

Let's get this party started……. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Weezy wrote:
Tommyboy456 wrote:

Remember the "screw tanking, we still gotta beat the celtics" chants last season? :bang:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Punk-101 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
Tommyboy456 wrote:

Remember the "screw tanking, we still gotta beat the celtics" chants last season? :bang:

YEAH!! But. How the hell do you pull that "for the greater good" effort off? Without someone…...a player, an ex front office person, one of Jim's bar mates ……saying something that ends up on Yahoo or ESPN later. Without (think the fallout from Sterling's private thoughts) it coming back to embarrass you in public. Those guys were all playing for their next contract, plus for the team. It's a nice thought but just no way to implement.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:50 pm

I stand by it. Screw those guys we got the Ws. :man10:

As long as Vonleh goes somewhere before us and I think he will, then we'll end up with either Smart or Randle.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:51 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
Tommyboy456 wrote:

YEAH!! But. How the hell do you pull that "for the greater good" effort off? Without someone…...a player, an ex front office person, one of Jim's bar mates ……saying something that ends up on Yahoo or ESPN later. Without (think the fallout from Sterling's private thoughts) it coming back to embarrass you in public. Those guys were all playing for their next contract, plus for the team. It's a nice thought but just no way to implement.

Putting tanking into practice and a fan's attitude about losing games is different. I was only referring to the later. I'm glad everyone involved with the Lakers tried to win every game they could. But, as a fan, my attitude was that I was hoping for just a few more losses, especially to Utah and Boston, who we were neck and neck with. I had zero "well it always feels good to beat the celtics" feelings. I was rooting for the lakers to try to win, but just happen to lose as much as possible, especially when it became apparent that draft spots 5-8 would be so close.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 pm

therealdeal wrote:I stand by it. Screw those guys we got the Ws. :man10:

As long as Vonleh goes somewhere before us and I think he will, then we'll end up with either Smart or Randle.

Exactly my problem. It's your damn fault, jack***! :man10:
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 pm

He has to. All the draft geniuses agree…..he has GIANT effing hands. :man4:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Punk-101 wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
Weezy wrote:

Putting tanking into practice and a fan's attitude about losing games is different. I was only referring to the later. I'm glad everyone involved with the Lakers tried to win every game they could. But, as a fan, my attitude was that I was hoping for just a few more lo :beer: :beer: sses, especially to Utah and Boston, who we were neck and neck with. I had zero "well it always feels good to beat the celtics" feelings. I was rooting for the lakers to try to win, but just happen to lose as much as possible, especially when it became apparent that draft spots 5-8 would be so close.

OH! Totally. I was right there with you. Hell yeah was rooting for a fun game and a LOSS.

:jam2: :bow: :beer: ….um yum…I like beer with Lakers :beer:
LTLakerFan

Postby Tommyboy456 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 6h

New York City bound: @tynowell and I are headed out to cover the @NBA Draft, where the @Lakers hold the No. 7 pick.
Tommyboy456

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:01 pm

My draft night fear....Vonleh, Payton and McDermott left on the board. If that happens I hope Mitch gets creative and trade down to Nurkic
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion