WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby dak22 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:36 am

I didn't watch the game but I predicted how we win was based on gasol's performance. Utah front court is antithesis of him: quick, can shoot, hustles and more importantly not soft. I'd feel he'd have issues, especially up there in utah.

Looking at the box score, I guess that was the case.
dak22

 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:45 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Watching the Bulls OKC game...Nate Robinson would have been a solid pick up for us. wish we got him. he gets in the lane so easily and dishes it so well. wish we got him or played duhon and use pick and roll like they do with nate. its so simple for him and it works.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4701
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:36 pm

Ariza3 wrote:Watching the Bulls OKC game...Nate Robinson would have been a solid pick up for us. wish we got him. he gets in the lane so easily and dishes it so well. wish we got him or played duhon and use pick and roll like they do with nate. its so simple for him and it works.

Either Brown would sit him on the farthest reaches of the bench, because he doesn't have length, or have him play SF.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby kray28 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:16 pm

What Worthy said about passion...that was quite true. Watching during the third quarter, I was just struck with the feeling they were all playing a lifeless and uninspired game. Just going through the motions. Even Kobe looked disinterested. It just seemed to me that they lacked a purpose, a drive or sense of urgency.

And the reason for it is clear, they don't believe in Mike Brown or really buy in to what he's selling. It's clearly not working and the players are effectively staging a revolt of sorts.

It basically looked like Brown had lost the team, and I think this was true on Sunday during the win as well. Just the looks, body language, and post game comments about Brown's behavior during the game. I think the players see that Brown is fighting for his own survival more than he's fighting for the team's (collective) success.

So overplaying an injured Kobe is not really a big deal for Brown if it helps him "win" a game that he needs to keep his job. The players aren't stupid, they see what is happening, and they know in the long run that this will not end well.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21239
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

While MB is clearly the #1 culprit, I just can't believe he's the only cause for our poor start. There is something wrong in Lakerland, not entirely sure what it is (beyond Brown though). Blaming MB for everything is too easy.

Look at the Colts. They have a rookie QB, had coaching changes a few games in to their season and they're sitting nicely at 6-3. So they've shown teams can overcome adversity and have success.

There is no excuse in the world for our players to lack interest 5 games in to the season. If that's true, then we have MUCH bigger problems than Mike Brown.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby kray28 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 pm

There are obviously also injury issues to 3 of 4 star players, and then there are well known issues with depth. One of the reasons it is tough for us to extend leads is our lack of reliable three point shooters. We're easily one of the worst three point shooting teams in the league, which makes you wonder why Meeks is benched.

With the Detroit blowout factored in we are averaging 97 pts a game...take that game away, and we have one of the lowest output offenses in the league. Our defense is giving up 98 pts a game.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21239
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby JGC on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 pm

kray28 wrote:There are obviously also injury issues to 3 of 4 star players, and then there are well known issues with depth. One of the reasons it is tough for us to extend leads is our lack of reliable three point shooters. We're easily one of the worst three point shooting teams in the league, which makes you wonder why Meeks is benched.


Good point. Which is also why I think we have a bit of a flaw in terms of the roster. MB or not, we still aren't going to be a threat from outside.

While I do like the idea of a Nash/Meeks/Bryant/Pau/D12 unit out there, we don't have enough perimeter shooting across the rest of the roster to threaten.

I really think MWP is a big problem for this team. He overdribbles, can't shoot, can't pass. A more athletic wing player who can shoot from deep would be nice. Then again, jeez, how much help does a Kobe/D12 team really need? Haha.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby Scnottaken on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:42 am

JGC wrote:While MB is clearly the #1 culprit, I just can't believe he's the only cause for our poor start. There is something wrong in Lakerland, not entirely sure what it is (beyond Brown though). Blaming MB for everything is too easy.

Look at the Colts. They have a rookie QB, had coaching changes a few games in to their season and they're sitting nicely at 6-3. So they've shown teams can overcome adversity and have success.

There is no excuse in the world for our players to lack interest 5 games in to the season. If that's true, then we have MUCH bigger problems than Mike Brown.

I just realized what the main problem is. . . doesn't the FO all have DTV? They can't watch the games, so they just tell Brown to keep up the good work. He thinks they want him to keep making idiotic substitutions, and so he does.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby jOeyB7000 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:18 am

Scnottaken wrote:
JGC wrote:While MB is clearly the #1 culprit, I just can't believe he's the only cause for our poor start. There is something wrong in Lakerland, not entirely sure what it is (beyond Brown though). Blaming MB for everything is too easy.

Look at the Colts. They have a rookie QB, had coaching changes a few games in to their season and they're sitting nicely at 6-3. So they've shown teams can overcome adversity and have success.

There is no excuse in the world for our players to lack interest 5 games in to the season. If that's true, then we have MUCH bigger problems than Mike Brown.

I just realized what the main problem is. . . doesn't the FO all have DTV? They can't watch the games, so they just tell Brown to keep up the good work. He thinks they want him to keep making idiotic substitutions, and so he does.


Lol. This makes sense.
User avatar
jOeyB7000

 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:23 pm
Location: L.A.

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby DHL on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 pm

BILLY MAC
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
User avatar
DHL

 
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:00 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 pm

WMC: nothing could ruin today.

phil not announced as head coach yet, i guess
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Hm...........

Let's see...

I got nothing. Really I don't. I suppose it was annoying that Dwight was in foul trouble much of the night and didn't play much. Outside of that I thought we just looked good and were having some fun.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby dak22 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 pm

mike brown being fired was a victory regardless of the outcome today.

The players seem to be in better spirits; now they just need to translate it to better teams.

Also thanks Pau for upping your trade value a bit. Hopefully we can convince other gm's to give up something decent for you because this effort won't last.
dak22

 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:45 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby gill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:12 pm

WMC: Metta World Peace but even in the end, it was entertaining cuz he was just trying so damn hard to buy a bucket :man10:
User avatar
gill

 
Posts: 19354
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby The Rock on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:15 pm

WMC: None
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby TaniBoyz on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 pm

today was a good day :jam2:
Image
User avatar
TaniBoyz

 
Posts: 839
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:29 pm
Location: The Philippines

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:18 pm

WMC: Mike Brown watched the game......don't even look at us Mike, go stand in the corner facing the wall and count to infinity.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19457
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Another game which proved this team needs to replace both of his starting forwards to have a serious shot at winning a title ( though Pau energy and effort were really good but the shooting efficiency is terrible).

Need a more mobile 4 and a athletic 3 who can D and shoot
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6428
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Doc Brown wrote:WMC: Mike Brown watched the game......don't even look at us Mike, go stand in the corner facing the wall and count to infinity.

Image
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby Jellincon on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:33 pm

OH YES WE WON AGAIN (2-4)

The only WMC's I can really think of is MWP boneheaded plays (even though he played hard) and too many wide open shots from the perimeter.
Jellincon

 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:34 pm

I really have nothing except for MWP needs to jack up less 3's, we need to shoot less 3's overall as a team. Don't know where else to put this, not really a complaint, but I have to laugh at these post game locker room interviews with players about Brown, trying to say they were surprised by the firing and that nothing was really different tonight, but at the same time trying to hold back the joy of him being gone, you can see it in the eyes. :man10:
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50881
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:07 am

Scnottaken wrote:
JGC wrote:While MB is clearly the #1 culprit, I just can't believe he's the only cause for our poor start. There is something wrong in Lakerland, not entirely sure what it is (beyond Brown though). Blaming MB for everything is too easy.

Look at the Colts. They have a rookie QB, had coaching changes a few games in to their season and they're sitting nicely at 6-3. So they've shown teams can overcome adversity and have success.

There is no excuse in the world for our players to lack interest 5 games in to the season. If that's true, then we have MUCH bigger problems than Mike Brown.

I just realized what the main problem is. . . doesn't the FO all have DTV? They can't watch the games, so they just tell Brown to keep up the good work. He thinks they want him to keep making idiotic substitutions, and so he does.

:man10:
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11705
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby JGC on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:12 am

It would be great if we could play rebuilding teams without their starting center every day!
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: WMC 12/13: OH NO WE SUCK AGAIN (1-4)

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:23 am

JGC wrote:It would be great if we could play rebuilding teams without their starting center every day!

Image
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10416
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: WMC 12/13:No coach NO PROBLEMOv(2-4)

Postby Pig Miller on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:24 am

1) the team looked like they played looser, much more instinctual. it looked like a group of smart veteran players trying to get each other involved without forcing it into a specific offensive scheme.

2) jodie meeks sighting! his shooting is going to come in handy for us, even though he didn't shoot all that well tonight, i'm sure he's just rusty from being glued to the bench.

3) gasol looked energized!!!!

4) glad dwight got some rest, though i wish kobe would have sat a bit longer in the 4th

5) not yet fooled by the darius morris performance. going up against a team not known for their defensive makes it hard to inspect his performance.

6) this was just a completely different team. they still don't look great, but they actually looked as if they had some joy in playing the game.

7) now let's go get phil!!!!!
Pig Miller

 
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.