WMC 13/14: CL went down yet Coach D remains! ugh

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby borri on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:42 am

WMC: Woot nice shot Farmar. Damn that sweet Brooks. Let's go Lakers. Oh snap wait...wtf why are winning? Oh no.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:10 am

We weren't going to go 0-24 the rest of the way. That's silly to even think that we would lose every single game the rest of the way, if you are being realistic. We beat the teams that are just as bad as us.

It took a career night from Jordan and a franchise record for number of 3's in the game to squeak by a team just as bad as us. We won't shoot like that again and our defense it still just as bad as ever.

I'm not sure we even beat a good team with that performance. The Kings still had chances to win at the end of the game.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19457
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Doc Brown wrote:We weren't going to go 0-24 the rest of the way. That's silly to even think that we would lose every single game the rest of the way, if you are being realistic. We beat the teams that are just as bad as us.

It took a career night from Jordan and a franchise record for number of 3's in the game to squeak by a team just as bad as us. We won't shoot like that again and our defense it still just as bad as ever.

I'm not sure we even beat a good team with that performance. The Kings still had chances to win at the end of the game.

Shouldn't this then go in the Optimism Thread :man3:









:mhihi:
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11704
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby angrypuppy on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:06 pm

Wonderful game by Farmar and Brooks, too bad the team ended up in a win.

Keep an eye on Boston. They are poised to overtake us in Battle of the Bottom.
angrypuppy

 
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:23 am

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby Chillbongo on Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:46 pm

WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)


LMAO. The Phil Jackson "tank theory"?

You cannot be truly tanking if 20 wins are acquired before 40 losses.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3251
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:59 pm

Doc Brown wrote:We weren't going to go 0-24 the rest of the way. That's silly to even think that we would lose every single game the rest of the way, if you are being realistic. We beat the teams that are just as bad as us.

It took a career night from Jordan and a franchise record for number of 3's in the game to squeak by a team just as bad as us. We won't shoot like that again and our defense it still just as bad as ever.

I'm not sure we even beat a good team with that performance. The Kings still had chances to win at the end of the game.


This!

No one should worry about the Lakers getting more Ws if this is what it takes to get one. We're about to hit the gauntlet in our schedule and it will give a whole new meaning to March Madness!

I can see some good teams falling to us in possible trap game scenarios, but with the playoff jockeying going on heading down the stretch, even those type of Ws will be hard to come by.

So don't worry...the tanking will commence...we are not a very good team!
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13018
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby trodgers on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:04 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)


LMAO. The Phil Jackson "tank theory"?

You cannot be truly tanking if 20 wins are acquired before 40 losses.

This made me weep.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46640
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby Barnstable on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:27 pm

Now that was a nice win!! :bow:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby Weezy on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:31 pm

We beat Portland, AT Portland, in the worst season in our history. What the hell? :man10:
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50881
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby laakers on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Exciting game. Not complaining about winning, but the insertion of Bazemore into the lineup at the end was sort of strange... He made two somewhat boneheaded plays: Pushed the ball HARD when we were down one with 10 seconds to go, almost resulting in a turnover, then threw the lob to Wes. Maybe the lob was a designed play, but it seems like a little ballsy of a play, especially with how much time was left.
User avatar
laakers

 
Posts: 2877
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: My home

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:33 pm

I know some will complain about us getting a W but I say screw that ish I want the W especially in Portland against them and the WTF-officiating.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30704
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: WMC 13/14: 20 wins before 40 L's (20-39)

Postby raviator on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Wait, we beat Portland...in Portland? We never win in Portland. Sweet! WMC: execution down the stretch.
User avatar
raviator

 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:00 am
Location: East Coast

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:43 pm

apparently i missed a good game by going to dinner for my birthday. its ok, im the human DVR.
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:45 pm

Sure we want a good draft pick, but watching that game. I was so proud of the hustle and grit of our team.

Great win and Doc had mean cracking up in the Gameday thread about our guys on cocaine with how energized we were :man10: :man10:
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11704
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:52 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:apparently i missed a good game by going to dinner for my birthday. its ok, im the human DVR.

QFT

HB
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3251
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby Weezy on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:31 am

The only reason I'm personally not thrilled with this win is that I want 'Antoni gone the day the season ends. I don't want is getting wins against good teams and finishing the year strong and our FO going "well see the team got relatively healthy and 'Antoni got them playing well, he deserves another season". I don't want there to be a shred of hope that anything 'Antoni is doing can be something to build on, I want his a** fired and nowhere to be seen next season.

That said it's still nice to see our players that into a game. Throwing down a bunch of awesome dunks for a change, all excited on the bench, having something to celebrate.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50881
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:46 am

at least MDA is good at drawing up out of bounds plays
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20560
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby kenzo on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:12 am

Awesome game and at that moment i was thrilled :jam2: But then, the reality settled in. Games like this will come back and kick us in the balls on draft night. I rather remember the 2014 season as the one, when we drafted a franchise player (Embiid/Wiggins/Parker), rather than a season, when we won against Portland, Sacto or Boston :freak2: That won't get us anywhere.
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5975
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:24 am

:jam2: my goodness I missed the game :lol c'mon it's in Portland, we never win there even as contenders
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7834
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby denimPortugal on Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:51 am

LOL! Unreal!! Biggest win of the season?? :freak2: :jam2:
I hate the Jail Blazers, so this was a huge huge win! :bow:
User avatar
denimPortugal

 
Posts: 1423
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:01 am

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:48 am

Weezy wrote:The only reason I'm personally not thrilled with this win is that I want 'Antoni gone the day the season ends. I don't want is getting wins against good teams and finishing the year strong and our FO going "well see the team got relatively healthy and 'Antoni got them playing well, he deserves another season". I don't want there to be a shred of hope that anything 'Antoni is doing can be something to build on, I want his a** fired and nowhere to be seen next season.

That said it's still nice to see our players that into a game. Throwing down a bunch of awesome dunks for a change, all excited on the bench, having something to celebrate.

I was worried about this too.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30704
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby LakerFanIam on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 am

Cool, so we'll end up with the 8-9th pick & keep D'Antoni as the coach... Awesome.
Image
User avatar
LakerFanIam

 
Posts: 3682
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Sec 117

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:53 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Weezy wrote:The only reason I'm personally not thrilled with this win is that I want 'Antoni gone the day the season ends. I don't want is getting wins against good teams and finishing the year strong and our FO going "well see the team got relatively healthy and 'Antoni got them playing well, he deserves another season". I don't want there to be a shred of hope that anything 'Antoni is doing can be something to build on, I want his a** fired and nowhere to be seen next season.

That said it's still nice to see our players that into a game. Throwing down a bunch of awesome dunks for a change, all excited on the bench, having something to celebrate.

I was worried about this too.

The only way he gets fired IMO is if he legitimately looses the locker room. Otherwise you have to look at the message being sent to potential coaches. We've fired everyone not named Phil Jackson for the last 15 years. That's a HUGE RED FLAG for a potential coach of this team.

MDA needs to be gone but the FO needs an objective reason (i.e. losing the locker room)to fire him. Not that his "style" doesn't work, or that fans don't like him. If you were a coach without a job and you saw that the Lakers fired EVERY SINGLE PERSON not named Phil over the last 15 years, wouldn't you be worried?
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3251
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby Barnstable on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 am

Chillbongo wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Weezy wrote:The only reason I'm personally not thrilled with this win is that I want 'Antoni gone the day the season ends. I don't want is getting wins against good teams and finishing the year strong and our FO going "well see the team got relatively healthy and 'Antoni got them playing well, he deserves another season". I don't want there to be a shred of hope that anything 'Antoni is doing can be something to build on, I want his a** fired and nowhere to be seen next season.

That said it's still nice to see our players that into a game. Throwing down a bunch of awesome dunks for a change, all excited on the bench, having something to celebrate.

I was worried about this too.

The only way he gets fired IMO is if he legitimately looses the locker room. Otherwise you have to look at the message being sent to potential coaches. We've fired everyone not named Phil Jackson for the last 15 years. That's a HUGE RED FLAG for a potential coach of this team.

MDA needs to be gone but the FO needs an objective reason (i.e. losing the locker room)to fire him. Not that his "style" doesn't work, or that fans don't like him. If you were a coach without a job and you saw that the Lakers fired EVERY SINGLE PERSON not named Phil over the last 15 years, wouldn't you be worried?


Good point.

I really do want Pringles gone, but I doubt it happens till his contract is up. I just hope we don't try to build a team around his system any more than we already have.

We aren't winning a chip without defense, and I don't think he knows the meaning of the word.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
User avatar
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 14313
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:01 pm
Location: Queens NY

Re: WMC 13/14: Give me HEART! W again (21-39)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:35 am

That reason could be that he coached the Laker team with the worst record in franchise history. They're right now 21-39.

The worst season the Lakers have had in LA came in 74-75 when they won only 30 games. In 93-94 they won only 33 games. In 04-05 they won only 34 games.

Right now they're on pace for 28 wins. That'd be the worst season the Lakers have had since coming to Los Angeles. Is that enough to fire a coach?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40357
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.