WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: Oh my what an egg (37-36)

Postby Finwë on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:50 pm

^^ so it isn't guaranteed?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby borri on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:19 pm

432J wrote:nothing good can come out of this season

absolutely nothing

Well, I'll have to dig a little deep but:

1. We know that Jordan Hill isn't a contract year player.
2. Clark is a serviceable bench player.
3. We now know why Philly dumped Meeks. We can just let him go this offseason.
4. If there was any doubt about trading Pau, there isn't an iota of doubt left.
5. And hopefully, crosses fingers, Jimmy will wise up and realize Antoni is a clown and bring in a coach that can optimize the skillsets of our roster....erm Zenmaster please.
borri

Postby shaq_hater on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Jazz got the 8th spot.
Please give me some reason NOT TO PANIC BECAUSE I AM!
MY GUY IS AWESOME BECAUSE HE HAS 5 RINGS.
shaq_hater

Postby karacha on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Don't panic, it's just basketball.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:58 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: playoffs
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby 432J on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:31 am

so long playoffs

this team just can't get it together so why would they at this point in the season. jazz aren't playing great at all but the lakers are just playing that bad that they've allowed the jazz to regain the 8th seed.

they just barely beat minnesota and lost to the bucks
:man10:
432J

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:36 am

If you can't overcome a team who lost 9 out of 10 on the road and went 6-13 in its last 19 games , you have absolutely no business making the playoffs
wcsoldier81

Postby charvin on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:18 am

If you can't get your team to play hard, you have no business being here period. Let alone making the playoffs.

wcsoldier81 wrote:If you can't overcome a team who lost 9 out of 10 on the road and went 6-13 in its last 19 games , you have absolutely no business making the playoffs
charvin

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:32 am

Damn, we're 9th once again. Oh, well. We did it to ourselves. Despite the injuries, we've had some very winnable games this season. TO's, missed FT's, horrendous defense, effort, all have had some influence in this disaster of a season...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby hollywood swinger on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I'm trying to figure out what Kobe being on social media and his black mamba nickname has to do with our team's failure?
He was STILL black mamba when we won those two titles with Phil and when he had Shannon Brown and Trevor Ariza.

Anyway this team just wasn't fit for the D'Antoni system, it really wasn't fit for the Mike Brown system either. As much as people hate to read it or hear it but Phil Jackson's way of coaching would have been perfect for this system, similar pieces he had in the 3peat era, as well as knowing how to gel ball dominant players and players with colorful personalities (Dwight, Metta). Our current team works well in the triangle offense, also Kobe and other players mentioned how Phil loved to meditate I think that would have been a good thing inside the Lakers lockeroom. Right now imo, there are a bunch of different personas as far as the way each player approaches the game day in and day out or night in and night out. I agree that we did need a Derrick Fisher type personality in the lockeroom, Kobe always said he wanted him to remain with the team but things didn't go that way. I guess it's best to look forward to next season to see how this team finally comes together with a few more pieces added.

because all he is doing is giving lip service and not backing up this is my team talk. if your team sucks which the Lakers do keep your mouth shut in the social or any media for that sake kobe.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby KB24 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:30 pm

I think using twitter for semi-intellectual tweets is stupid per se. Regardless who does it for whatever reason.

its dumb. It just is. Doing stupid posts about how awesome you are when your team is getting creamed just adds insult to injury. Its cool if you want to communicate with fans but using twitter as a platform to showboat is kind pointless and unnecessary.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:13 pm

I guess you should make sure to post this to most athletes then since we're concerned in this manner about tweets and athletes. Maybe some of you should check the bottom teams in the NBA, NFL and elsewhere and see how many of their players are online on twitter, FB, or social media tweeting and communicating since it's such a pet peeve to you to see athletes tweet without winning records. Kobe isn't the only Laker on social media, want to hit up the other one's and get on them too? Shoot we should have shut it down a long time ago then. Or maybe some of you should try and get the word out to most human beings about twitter, posting their personal business, their ups and downs, using biblical quotes etc since it's so beneath you. Thank goodness I don't have a twitter because when I had a FB I used to post about being strong and a awesome human being regardless of my crappy family situations, you all would hate me then :man10:

Bottom line social media has nothing to do with anything, most of you are just frustrated and angry about this season, we've reduced it to social media arguments :man10:
Jazzygirl205

Postby karacha on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:26 pm

Yes, most of us are frustrated about this season. But "social media" is one of the worst inventions in the history of the Western civilization too.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby dmaul on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:54 pm

Before I was adamant that we have to make the playoffs for the simple fact that if we didn't we still wouldn't have a lottery pick since we gave it to Phoenix. So we should kill ourselves to make the playoffs even though we'd get bounced in the first round just because of principle: put together this kind of team with this kind of payroll and give up your lottery picks for many years. There seems to be a difference from the pride/embarrassment standpoint of making the playoffs and getting your butt kicked vs. not making it at all, even though both are not really that far apart. It would make me feel a little better to lose 4-1 in the first round than to not make the playoffs at all.
dmaul

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:43 pm

Okay love the win but why the heck can't we play good when all 4 of our best players (Steve, Kobe, Pau, Dwight) are on the floor? It seems that whenever one of them goes down with an injury or is on the bench, we play MUCH better? Maybe you need at least 2 role players out there?
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby trodgers on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:45 pm

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:Okay love the win but why the heck can't we play good when all 4 of our best players (Steve, Kobe, Pau, Dwight) are on the floor? It seems that whenever one of them goes down with an injury or is on the bench, we play MUCH better? Maybe you need at least 2 role players out there?

Because two of them can't defend, and one of them likes to roam.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Re: WMC 12/13: Was that energy, effort and fight we saw? (38-36)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:49 pm

We would have 10 more wins right now if we were playing with this type of effort/urgency every night
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:50 pm

KB24 wrote:I think using twitter for semi-intellectual tweets is stupid per se. Regardless who does it for whatever reason.

its dumb. It just is. Doing stupid posts about how awesome you are when your team is getting creamed just adds insult to injury. Its cool if you want to communicate with fans but using twitter as a platform to showboat is kind pointless and unnecessary.

You're kinda too hang up on what Kobe does and doesn't do and how he does it, even regarding his off court activities..

Maybe twitter is kinda dumb, but in comparison to every other nba player I follow, Kobe I'd say is the best twitter user.. He made it to "get closer to fans" or "reach out to fans" or whatever, and he's actually doing it, unlike a bunch of other players. He keeps his follows down and rotates them so he can actually read what fans are saying and he replies.

It's a good way to promote your brand and makes him look less distant/cold..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby escobar8 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:54 pm

dead drunk...jeapy easter...luve youuu...č i am reafdly happy ro be 6y so this lakers family...i learned from u...i wisj you best for hollydays...ypi r awesome...i will be herre wirh you in good nd evil....lakerssss,,, one more jappy easter you rock, atlest mosz of you....i am happy....
escobar8

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:54 pm

escobar8 wrote:dead drunk...jeapy easter...luve youuu...č i am reafdly happy ro be 6y so this lakers family...i learned from u...i wisj you best for hollydays...ypi r awesome...i will be herre wirh you in good nd evil....lakerssss,,, one more jappy easter you rock, atlest mosz of you....i am happy....

:man10: :man10: :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:57 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:We would have 10 more wins right now if we were playing with this type of effort/urgency every night

At least!
Lakerjones

Postby Tobias Funke on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:59 pm

Oh boy...
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby The Rock on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:04 pm

IT was a total team win, Meeks steal + early 3s, Blake 5 3s, Clarks energy in 3rd Q, Dwight rebounding/defending like crazy, Kobe/Pau passing, Jamison doing his thing. Gotta do this every game rest of hte way. Its time

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Finwë on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Well, who doesn't get drunk on easter?
:man10:
Finwë

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:31 pm

^Jesus?
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion