WMC 12/13: Mercy kill. (0-4)

Re: WMC 12/13: We win. Hou lost. 33 Remains! (37-35)

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:36 pm

41 points in the 3rd...120 overall...and it comes down to the final play to secure the win...

Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Re: WMC 12/13: It is all your fault? Blame away! (36-35)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Trust me I care a lot less about this team than you think.

your posting says otherwise. If you care less about the team then what is the purpose for all your "this games a loss", "I predict a blowout", "I leave every win disgusted" comments. That makes no sense.

It makes no sense because you didn't read what I actually said

OH... well clarify for me because what I saw you and Karacha going back and forth and you finishing with saying you basically don't care. My question was based off of that back and forth. You don't like, believe or support the team in fact you seem to go out of your way to predict losses, bring gloom and doom before the games even start. Someone, I think Doc, mentioned that you perdict a loss for something like 90% (may be exxagerated) of our games before the end of the 1st quarter. Again, if you don't care why go through all the trouble? I'm just curious.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 pm

MDA's choice. sit Howard for 49 seconds with 10 pt. lead or let him miss FTs and go for a scrambling win. Guess what he chose?

In the unlikely event that we got to the Finals. We lead the Heat by 10 with 3 to go. Will he make the same choice?
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Juronimo on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:47 pm

I missed the game, but giving up 117 points is a little concerning. At least we won. I'll have to watch one of the later showings on time warner cable sports net.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby Weezy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Yeah I don't get leaving Dwight in either. You don't take him out the rest of the game, just the 56 seconds until the game was under 2 mins.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:51 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Trust me I care a lot less about this team than you think.

your posting says otherwise. If you care less about the team then what is the purpose for all your "this games a loss", "I predict a blowout", "I leave every win disgusted" comments. That makes no sense.

It makes no sense because you didn't read what I actually said

OH... well clarify for me because what I saw you and Karacha going back and forth and you finishing with saying you basically don't care. My question was based off of that back and forth. You don't like, believe or support the team in fact you seem to go out of your way to predict losses, bring gloom and doom before the games even start. Someone, I think Doc, mentioned that you perdict a loss for something like 90% (may be exxagerated) of our games before the end of the 1st quarter. Again, if you don't care why go through all the trouble? I'm just curious.

Sometimes I predict losses before the game even starts. Trodgers does the same thing. I don't understand what's wrong with making predictions.

But I almost never call a game in the first quarter, I'll destroy the team for their bad play but I try to refrain from saying they have no chance to win the game.

And I never said I don't care, I said I care a lot less than what karacha thinks I do. I berate this team a lot but that doesn't mean I don't care. But at the end of the day I understand this is a game and has no actual effect on my life. The Lakers are a long way from the top on my list of priorities.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Weezy wrote:Yeah I don't get leaving Dwight in either. You don't take him out the rest of the game, just the 56 seconds until the game was under 2 mins.

I actually liked Coach D's answer to the question of why he left D12 out there... He said, "He needs to get over the hump because we can't afford to have him out of the game when it matters" (or something like that). I agree with him. Dwight has to come up and get use to making them
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm

The problem is that he won't be making them, as in ever... :bang: :bang:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Yeah I don't get leaving Dwight in either. You don't take him out the rest of the game, just the 56 seconds until the game was under 2 mins.

I actually liked Coach D's answer to the question of why he left D12 out there... He said, "He needs to get over the hump because we can't afford to have him out of the game when it matters" (or something like that). I agree with him. Dwight has to come up and get use to making them

Sounds like an actual good coaching decision... Whoa...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:55 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:The problem is that he won't be making them, as in ever... :bang: :bang:

where is the game, especially playoffs, won?
puffyusaf#2

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:58 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:The problem is that he won't be making them, as in ever... :bang: :bang:

Large sample size is this current regular season...Hack a Dwight works.

We'll be sitting pretty at the 6th spot, if MDA just takes him out for a while until the two minute mark when they start that crap.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:07 pm

therealdeal wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Surprise, surprise...but I actually agree with MDA here too. :toilet3:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Sometimes I predict losses before the game even starts. Trodgers does the same thing. I don't understand what's wrong with making predictions.

But I almost never call a game in the first quarter, I'll destroy the team for their bad play but I try to refrain from saying they have no chance to win the game.

And I never said I don't care, I said I care a lot less than what karacha thinks I do. I berate this team a lot but that doesn't mean I don't care. But at the end of the day I understand this is a game and has no actual effect on my life. The Lakers are a long way from the top on my list of priorities.

Big difference between Trodgers post and yours in my opinion. Trodgers is using a system to show what the "stats" are saying will happen. He is not saying that he thinks it is a loss plain and simple. When you do it, in my opinion, it is because you think they are all losses. Huge difference.

As far as not saying they have "no chance", again, my view of your post says different. It is the very thing Karacha was talking about in the first place.

In any case, my comment was based around your posting history with the team which shows a lot more care than you are saying now. Again, just my observation.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

We'll be sitting pretty at the 6th spot, if MDA just takes him out for a while until the two minute mark when they start that crap.

The answer to my question was "defense." We need DWight on the court because in the end it will be the defensive stops that get us wins in the playoffs. He is going to be out there when it matters most (in playoff games) so he needs to be out there when it matters most during the season. It is a no brainer to me. If he misses then his teammates need to make the defenses stops.
puffyusaf#2

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:44 pm

I thought we would lose this game. I guess I was wrong. The TO's almost killed tonight. Also, when Dwight gets into foul trouble and has to sit, our defense is awful. Gasol proved once again tonight that he can't guard the paint to save his life.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Weezy on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Even Phil would take Shaq out during crucial moments of Hack-A-Shaq though, offense/defense substitutions. Dwight missed them before when left in, and he will miss them again when left in, he just isn't a good FT shooter. I don't think it's good or bad coaching to leave a guy in to figure something out when he just isn't good at that something and isn't improving, it just is what it is, a gamble, a roll of the dice. Again though I'm no saying take him out the rest of the game, only til the game gets under 2 mins. Leaving him in to do hack a Dwight let the Wolves right back in the game, it's embarrassing to watch IMO, it's not basketball it's lame, so why not avoid it for one minute by taking him out? Put him right back in under 2 mins, then if he gets fouled when he gets the ball oh well you deal with it and him having to "learn to make them" at that point.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:12 am

dantoni makes sense in trusting dwight but in that minute dwight missing FT's got them back in the game. and its not like dwight was blocking shots in that minute either....dwight either missed both or made just one and they'd go down the court and score every trip. its a double edged sword bc it could give him confidence but also cost us a game. whats 1 min on the bench to keep a 10 point lead and a win?...if you ask me its bad coaching. dwight is a poor FT shooter. period. some nights he makes them perfect swishes and others not so much....this was one of those bad nights so id sit him the 56 seconds and keep the lead then put him back in at the 2 min mark.

just bad coaching bc its making your player into something hes not. he wont make those on a night where you know his FT's are off and i think keeping him on the bench for 56 seconds and putting him back in after is a smarter choice than losing a 10 point lead in 1 minute.
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am

Weezy wrote:
Vasashi17 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Even Phil would take Shaq out during crucial moments of Hack-A-Shaq though, offense/defense substitutions. Dwight missed them before when left in, and he will miss them again when left in, he just isn't a good FT shooter. I don't think it's good or bad coaching to leave a guy in to figure something out when he just isn't good at that something and isn't improving, it just is what it is, a gamble, a roll of the dice. Again though I'm no saying take him out the rest of the game, only til the game gets under 2 mins. Leaving him in to do hack a Dwight let the Wolves right back in the game, it's embarrassing to watch IMO, it's not basketball it's lame, so why not avoid it for one minute by taking him out? Put him right back in under 2 mins, then if he gets fouled when he gets the ball oh well you deal with it and him having to "learn to make them" at that point.

I would agree with you except for one thing: Dwight seems to make free throws in situations where he's not under the spot light. Apparently he's actually an excellent free throw shooter (for a big guy) in practice. I don't think I EVER heard that for Shaq.

The idea now is that he just HAS to build confidence. And after the Orlando game, I'm down with it. He's going to learn and hopefully he's going to improve. I agree with the move here. Remember what happened when Mitch showed confidence in Dwight? We're trying to do the same thing as a team.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:26 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

The answer to my question was "defense." We need DWight on the court because in the end it will be the defensive stops that get us wins in the playoffs. He is going to be out there when it matters most (in playoff games) so he needs to be out there when it matters most during the season. It is a no brainer to me. If he misses then his teammates need to make the defenses stops.

And whether he makes or misses the Hack-a-Dwight may work in our favor. Take Denver, OKC, Clippers out of their run and gun, and make these teams play a half court offense rather than trying to chase these roadrunners around.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:58 am

Real I'm not looking at it as not showing confidence in Dwight to take him out for 56 seconds, I'm looking at it as stopping the other teams strategy. We had the game, it was in our control, then hack a Dwight started and it fell apart, the clock keeps stopping, their players are getting free rest, we're not scoring, they start to get control and confidence back. It's a strategy that clearly works against us or teams wouldn't keep doing it, and it so easily stopped by taking Dwight out til the 2 min mark, otherwise it turns into the circus we saw last night every single time.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:35 pm

The pb with Hack a Dwight is everybody on our team is out of the rhythm and doesn't play D anymore ... even worse than this season standard ... the whole team is mentally out of the game

Orlando (loss at home) , Houston and Sota had video like 4th quarters when it comes to scoring ...

Sota had SEVENTEEN points in the last 3 minutes ... even with the clock stopping fast and more possessions , that's just beyond pathetic D
wcsoldier81

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 pm

same WMC ive had all season: turnovers, missed FTs, defense
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby DarthRekal on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:11 pm

this is the sorriest lakers team i have seen in my years... that includes 2005
Lakers Motto: HOF Guards, We MAKE 'Em... HOF Centers, We TAKE 'Em

DarthRekal
Cookie Monster

Postby Lakers_323 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:16 pm

This team is too dam old and too dam slow. They are without a doubt the biggest bust in franchise history.
Lakers_323

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:18 pm

another back to back bust

nash hobbled

turnovers
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion