Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 pm

Kobe's the reason for the loss? Am I reading that right?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:21 pm

HAHA... I knew Kobe would be getting abused in this thread. All the things for people to complain about for this game and people are complaining about Kobe? Oh there are lots of targets but the usual suspects haven't been able to hate Kobe for a few games.... Eat up kids.. eat up. :jam2:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:32 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:HAHA... I knew Kobe would be getting abused in this thread. All the things for people to complain about for this game and people are complaining about Kobe? Oh there are lots of targets but the usual suspects haven't been able to hate Kobe for a few games.... Eat up kids.. eat up. :jam2:

umm, why can't he be PART of the reason and not the only reason? :freak2:
khmrP

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:37 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:HAHA... I knew Kobe would be getting abused in this thread. All the things for people to complain about for this game and people are complaining about Kobe? Oh there are lots of targets but the usual suspects haven't been able to hate Kobe for a few games.... Eat up kids.. eat up. :jam2:

I'm kind of surprised you would be so surprised. Kobe did not have a very good overall game Scoring was good, but passing and defense were sub par.

Why would you expect people to ignore those things?
JGC

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:40 pm

Kobe wasn't the reason we lost but he was a reason why we didnt win. which are 2 different things.

he had 0 assists. the offense relies on ball movement and it finding energy. when it does our offense is fun to watch and wins games. Kobe chucking up 29 shots and not passing once isnt gunna cut it.

He started 7/11 and since then was 7/18. it doesnt seem like a big difference but it is when youre down and need offense from more than one guy. our bigs were beyond terrible tonight but there are ways of setting dwight up besides post ups. There are other guys on the team too. I think that when youre down 2 with a minutes left you dont have a double team on you and chuck a contested fadeway 3 pointer that you turnover and ends up with a dunk on the other end.

Pau and Dwight were pathetic. defense from everyone was pathetic. kobe with 0 assists was pathetic. offense at the end of the game was kobe hero ball which was pathetic. Nash runs the show at the end when it matters and good things happen.

kobes gotta pass more and shoot less. we get it dude you can score at age 34...good now pass the damn ball so we have a better chance of winning games. were under .500 31 games in to the season. how pathetic is that when you have nash kobe pau dwight jamison meeks on your team
Ariza3

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:41 pm

Kobe can be part of the reason. I love reading the posts where people apologize for everyone else. It COULDN'T be the horrendous shooting from our bigs. Nah; let's dissect Kobe's game. It's not the awful 3-pt shooting. It's zero assists from Kobe (sure there's a correlation there, btw). It's not that Nash can't guard anyone; it's that Kobe wasn't able to guard the guy he was forced to guard because Nash couldn't guard him. It's the constant railing against Kobe that bothers me. We got a million problems. Kobe's one. But if we're talking about serious problems, Kobe's not on the list.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:48 pm

trodgers wrote:Kobe can be part of the reason. I love reading the posts where people apologize for everyone else. It COULDN'T be the horrendous shooting from our bigs. Nah; let's dissect Kobe's game. It's not the awful 3-pt shooting. It's zero assists from Kobe (sure there's a correlation there, btw). It's not that Nash can't guard anyone; it's that Kobe wasn't able to guard the guy he was forced to guard because Nash couldn't guard him. It's the constant railing against Kobe that bothers me. We got a million problems. Kobe's one. But if we're talking about serious problems, Kobe's not on the list.
King of Clutch

Postby kobebryant248 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:50 pm

well well well. first i am back kobe haters. second no surprise at all for me . lakers loose and kobe get s the blame. nothing new from all of you so called fans. what about pau? what about d12 ? what about mwp ? what about the bench ? what about morris uuuupppps forgot what about the whole team ? they played atrocius tonight and deserved the loss. no offense and what the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] no defense. no effort at all the whole game at both ends. and you put all the blame on kobe ? wow just wow. no one on lakers team played good tonight . no one played defense tonight and no other scored then kobe in regularity tonight. he didn t played well but at least he gave us a chance to beeing in the game by scoring 36 points . and one question to which guy should he pass the ball as no one other then kobe could hit a shot. kobe didn t played defense tonight yup that s right but so all others didn t played defense tonight. kobe didn t had an assist tonight yup but no one could score so to which guy did he should threw if no other could hit some shots then kobe. so all in all . shame on you all of kobe haters here because we din t lost the game while kobe was so bad . no we lost it while the whole team stunk on both ends. and the only one who get s the big portion of blame is kobe . :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :mad1: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:50 pm

trodgers wrote:Kobe can be part of the reason. I love reading the posts where people apologize for everyone else. It COULDN'T be the horrendous shooting from our bigs. Nah; let's dissect Kobe's game. It's not the awful 3-pt shooting. It's zero assists from Kobe (sure there's a correlation there, btw). It's not that Nash can't guard anyone; it's that Kobe wasn't able to guard the guy he was forced to guard because Nash couldn't guard him. It's the constant railing against Kobe that bothers me. We got a million problems. Kobe's one. But if we're talking about serious problems, Kobe's not on the list.

The reason for that is because the bigs, while ineffective, took the shots they were given. I'm not sure if any of them took a "bad" shot all night. They missed their shots. It happens.

The reason you see Kobe get railed is because he took a lot of bad shots and essentially did not run or make a play or even attempt to all game long.
JGC

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:55 pm

JGC wrote:

The reason for that is because the bigs, while ineffective, took the shots they were given. I'm not sure if any of them took a "bad" shot all night. They missed their shots. It happens.

The reason you see Kobe get railed is because he took a lot of bad shots and essentially did not run or make a play or even attempt to all game long.

Thats because there's no such thing as a bad shot for centers 5 feet from the basket....
King of Clutch

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:58 pm

The process of going to a big is sometimes a decision to spend a possession. It's not always wise to do that. When there's a risk of a post entry pass being stolen and your bigs aren't converting even when they get the ball, making the post entry pass is a bad play.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:00 am

People think dwight howard is shaq, or bynum, or even brook. Get that out of your brains people. Dwight is all about his athleticism, and nothing more. And so far, from what i've seen, he's lost it.
King of Clutch

Postby trodgers on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:02 am

JGC, I do think Kobe could have passed more at the end of the game when it got close. The energy had seemed to shift. I think that prior to the last few minutes of the fourth, I had no problem with his game, and I didn't mind the zero assists.

I'm not saying LA would have won had he passed down the stretch; I'm saying that it would be good for the team to explore those options. Most of all, I want Nash with the ball a bit more frequently at the ends of games.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:04 am

When the player who dominates the ball doesn't even look to try to manufacture an easy basket, you will have morale issues. It doesn't matter if your hitting your shots because you are creating no offensive flow. So what happens when your shot is off? Teammates just watching you go to work because they aren't expecting a pass. All-star players can score. All time greats like Kobe can not only score but play in such a way that they can make everyones job easier by attracting attention and setting guys up for easy baskets. And when you see that the offense needs a boost, you take over in stretches. So you are able to gauge exactly what the team needs. This season, Kobe has been effective but he hasn't tried that hard to be the superstar who can elevate his teammates.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:09 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:When the player who dominates the ball doesn't even look to try to manufacture an easy basket, you will have morale issues. It doesn't matter if your hitting your shots because you are creating no offensive flow. So what happens when your shot is off? Teammates just watching you go to work because they aren't expecting a pass. All-star players can score. All time greats like Kobe can not only score but play in such a way that they can make everyones job easier by attracting attention and setting guys up for easy baskets. And when you see that the offense needs a boost, you take over in stretches. So you are able to gauge exactly what the team needs. This season, Kobe has been effective but he hasn't tried that hard to be the superstar who can elevate his teammates.

This. I thought down the stretch that 3 was huge and only Kobe can hit that. the next possession we didnt need a 3, we needed a solid offensive possession running our offense with Nash. instead he had a double team and decided to try to take a fadeway contested 3 which he turned the ball over and they got a dunk on the other end. we should have run something through nash imo. would it have won us the game? who knows...but it would have given us a much better chance than what kobe did.
Ariza3

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:12 am

LOL people want Kobe to basically play perfect basketball when there's literally 1,000 greater reasons why this game was lost.

Keep in mind if he wasn't pulling shots out his butt we would have easily lost by 20.

Look at the starters' FG% outside of Nash and Kobe.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:15 am

Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
Kobe said the Lakers are old as [poop] - which is why they sometimes physically don't have it - have to learn how to play through that
Expand

This is BS IMO. If you can't play with energy and match the opposing teams energy after multiple days of rest, what are you going to do come playoff time?

And if this is really the case, let's bring in some players that will bring it every night.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:21 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
Kobe said the Lakers are old as [poop] - which is why they sometimes physically don't have it - have to learn how to play through that
Expand

This is BS IMO. If you can't play with energy and match the opposing teams energy after multiple days of rest, what are you going to do come playoff time?

And if this is really the case, let's bring in some players that will bring it every night.

Not only multiple days off, but on Friday against Portland, he only played 31 minutes. After this quote by Kobe, unless there is roster changes to get youth, athleticsm, and defense on this team, we're not making the playoffs.

Oh, by the way, there are going to be 3 B2B this month; I shouldn't be surprised if we blow all of this because "we haven't learned to play through our old age."
dwighthowardsdad

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:22 am

BDG wrote:LOL people want Kobe to basically play perfect basketball when there's literally 1,000 greater reasons why this game was lost.

Keep in mind if he wasn't pulling shots out his butt we would have easily lost by 20.

Why wouldn't any one want Kobe to play perfect?

And we don't know what would have happened if he started passing. We may have lost by 20, or we may have won at the end, who knows.

Not gonna blame Kobe 100%, but, the reason the other guys didnt shoot well is because of poor overall team ball movement. Nash is maybe the only exception to that.
JGC

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:25 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
Expand

WTH? Whatever happened to "patience" and all that? I thought that was the reason. That they just needed playing time.

If old is really the reason, then that is a borderline concession. Wow.
JGC

Postby kobebryant248 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:26 am

BDG wrote:LOL people want Kobe to basically play perfect basketball when there's literally 1,000 greater reasons why this game was lost.

agreed 100 percent. no other then kobe and nash were aible to hit any shot espicially the starters. leading the way pau and dwight both scored combined 18 points on 3 for 19 shooting and you guys put the major blame on kobe ? are you serious ??????? :mad1: :bang: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:27 am

it's not about energy ... we are just too slow and non athletic for today's game ... this is probably the 30th time I said it this season but this pb hasn't been fixed during the last two offseasons and as long as we won't have a roster which fit the current NBA style better , we won't be a serious contender ....

Lakers fans have created a long list of excuses/arguments since May 2011 for our back to back 2nd round exits and this season struggles ... all of them are less valid than the "too slow and non athletic" one ... and it's not even close
wcsoldier81

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:27 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
Expand

If Kobe is blaming age then he's basically admitting we're finished. Nothing can be done about that without a trade. You don't just "play through that". This should have been a 15+ pt blow out win for us but because this team doesn't have any motivation to play hard right from the start we lose games that we have no business losing. It's about at that point where it's too late for this team to do anything about it this season.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Eric Pincus ‏@EricPincus
Expand

If Kobe is blaming age then he's basically admitting we're finished. Nothing can be done about that without a trade. You don't just "play through that". This should have been a 15+ pt blow out win for us but because this team doesn't have any motivation to play hard right from the start we lose games that we have no business losing. It's about at that point where it's too late for this team to do anything about it this season.

Kobe is well aware this team isn't going to do [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ... that's why thinking he wants to get his points without worrying too much about the other aspects of the game and the game result isn't that much of a crazy thought
wcsoldier81

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:48 am

I've never seen Kobe make a statement like that. Never. This team is in serious trouble. I think there is going to be some moves made with this roster by Feb. This all but guarantees it to me...
dwighthowardsdad

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion