Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri May 03, 2013 10:53 am

havoc33 wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... morabilia/

Kobe’s mom ready to auction off his high school memorabilia


Would you like some Kobe Bryant Lower Merion High School memorabilia? Like an actual game-worn jersey (which if you actually try to wear you’re a fool… and probably really skinny, who can fit into their high school clothes?).

Kobe’s mom is about to auction things off through Golden Auctions reports Tom Hofarth at the Los Angeles Daily News.

The main draw will be a maroon uniform — jersey and shorts — from his freshman year when he wore No. 24. It is believed to be the only authentic game worn #24 Kobe Bryant LMHS jersey in existence. He switched to No. 33 for the rest of his high school days before going to the NBA.

There’s more: practice jerseys from high school, the version of his 2000 NBA championship ring he paid the Lakers to have make for his mom, his 1998 and 2000 NBA All-Star Game rings, 1996 high school state championship ring, his 1996 High School McDonald’s All American ring and even his he surfboard-shaped “Teen’s Choice” Award from Nickelodeon.

I know, I can’t believe he’d want to give up the Nikolodian award either.

My mom tried to sell off the stuff from my room after I left. I think she make $1.73.




i hope the proceeds are going to charity or something...this is just weird

And the story just got even more weird. Apparently, the mother is auctioning the stuff to get money to buy a house. And now Kobe is going the legal route to prevent the auction from ever taking place. :man3:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20130503_Kobe_Bryant_doesn_t_want_mother_to_sell_his_past.html






he makes $30mil a year...he can't just buy his mom a house? WTF?


she should give his stuff back if he really wants it and he should just buy her the damn house...why does it need to get all ugly like this?
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 03, 2013 11:06 am

^spoken like a true outsider looking in. None of us know the truth about this but it is very easy to say what someone else should do with their money.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 30819
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri May 03, 2013 11:16 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^spoken like a true outsider looking in. None of us know the truth about this but it is very easy to say what someone else should do with their money.



ok puff...sorry for voicing an opinion in a forum full of outsiders
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby LakerLurker on Fri May 03, 2013 1:34 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
havoc33 wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... morabilia/

Kobe’s mom ready to auction off his high school memorabilia


Would you like some Kobe Bryant Lower Merion High School memorabilia? Like an actual game-worn jersey (which if you actually try to wear you’re a fool… and probably really skinny, who can fit into their high school clothes?).

Kobe’s mom is about to auction things off through Golden Auctions reports Tom Hofarth at the Los Angeles Daily News.

The main draw will be a maroon uniform — jersey and shorts — from his freshman year when he wore No. 24. It is believed to be the only authentic game worn #24 Kobe Bryant LMHS jersey in existence. He switched to No. 33 for the rest of his high school days before going to the NBA.

There’s more: practice jerseys from high school, the version of his 2000 NBA championship ring he paid the Lakers to have make for his mom, his 1998 and 2000 NBA All-Star Game rings, 1996 high school state championship ring, his 1996 High School McDonald’s All American ring and even his he surfboard-shaped “Teen’s Choice” Award from Nickelodeon.

I know, I can’t believe he’d want to give up the Nikolodian award either.

My mom tried to sell off the stuff from my room after I left. I think she make $1.73.




i hope the proceeds are going to charity or something...this is just weird

And the story just got even more weird. Apparently, the mother is auctioning the stuff to get money to buy a house. And now Kobe is going the legal route to prevent the auction from ever taking place. :man3:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20130503_Kobe_Bryant_doesn_t_want_mother_to_sell_his_past.html






he makes $30mil a year...he can't just buy his mom a house? WTF?


she should give his stuff back if he really wants it and he should just buy her the damn house...why does it need to get all ugly like this?


Kobe has already bought his parents 2 houses and now they want a 3rd. It's my understanding that this is an additional house that his mom wants to buy in Nevada. Kobe offered put $250,000 towards the additional home (which is a substantial sum in Nevada's housing market), but his mom wanted $450,000. Kobe refused and now his Mom is auctioning off his stuff for additional funds.
Last edited by LakerLurker on Fri May 03, 2013 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
LakerLurker

 
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:07 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Fri May 03, 2013 1:43 pm

I think the real question we're all wondering is, was she with him shooting in the gym?
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
User avatar
KBJelleyBean24

 
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: Oxnard, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby therealdeal on Fri May 03, 2013 2:19 pm

What a weird family. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri May 03, 2013 3:37 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:^spoken like a true outsider looking in. None of us know the truth about this but it is very easy to say what someone else should do with their money.



ok puff...sorry for voicing an opinion in a forum full of outsiders


wasn't an attack on you personnally. I am just saying it is too easy to say what someone "should" do or "needs" to do in their personal affairs. Get what I am saying?
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 30819
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby borri on Fri May 03, 2013 3:57 pm

That's so F'd up by the mom. Real F'd up. The fact that Kobe HAD to resort to legal means = mom told him to F off when he asked her not to sell those items.

Mom and dad are pretty much saying...give me the money or we'll sell your stuff. It's not like Kobe didn't give them money in the past either. Article said Kobe has given them millions in the past.

No matter how rich I am, I know for a fact, that my parents will NEVER EVER ask for a red cent from me. My parents aren't even remotely close to how well off mom and daddy Bryant are.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby JGC on Fri May 03, 2013 4:05 pm

^ Spoken like a true outsider looking in. None of us know the truth about this but it is very easy to say what someone else should do with their family.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Weezy on Fri May 03, 2013 4:07 pm

JGC wrote:^ Spoken like a true outsider looking in. None of us know the truth about this but it is very easy to say what someone else should do with their family.


If this isn't baiting I don't know what is. If you want to bait and try and start arguments this way, take it to PM's.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby JGC on Fri May 03, 2013 4:15 pm

Weezy wrote:
JGC wrote:^ Spoken like a true outsider looking in. None of us know the truth about this but it is very easy to say what someone else should do with their family.


If this isn't baiting I don't know what is. If you want to bait and try and start arguments this way, take it to PM's.


Huh? It was a tongue-in-cheek joke based on the same comment above. Sheesh. It's not even MY comment, I just re-posted someone else's!
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri May 03, 2013 4:30 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:^spoken like a true outsider looking in. None of us know the truth about this but it is very easy to say what someone else should do with their money.



ok puff...sorry for voicing an opinion in a forum full of outsiders


wasn't an attack on you personnally. I am just saying it is too easy to say what someone "should" do or "needs" to do in their personal affairs. Get what I am saying?



i hear ya, Puff...but isn't that what we do on ALL topics here?

from decisions being made, to what should be done, how we would handle it, etc..

none of us work for the Lakers, we dont know what's really going on within that franchise yet we voice our opinions...we talk about who to spend money on, who to get rid of...why is this topic any different?
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Weezy on Fri May 03, 2013 4:53 pm

JGC wrote:
Weezy wrote:
JGC wrote:^ Spoken like a true outsider looking in. None of us know the truth about this but it is very easy to say what someone else should do with their family.


If this isn't baiting I don't know what is. If you want to bait and try and start arguments this way, take it to PM's.


Huh? It was a tongue-in-cheek joke based on the same comment above. Sheesh. It's not even MY comment, I just re-posted someone else's!


Exactly, mockingly posted someone else's. Why? I have to believe to get a response from that poster, probably not a positive one. My point was leave it at that and please don't take it any further.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Legendary on Fri May 03, 2013 6:25 pm

karacha wrote:He's trying to be nice to his teammate who helped him win some championships. But, in the end, Kobe is not stupid.


I agree with this.

Kobe is being supportive of a valuable teammate who helped L.A. net 2 banners.

Pau is a good dude. In addition to his contributions over the years on the court, Kobe probably also appreciates Pau's demeanor and camaraderie...especially when you compare THAT personal relationship to what he and Shaq had.

In the end, Kobe knows this team can't move forward without making MAJOR moves...He's not going to come right out and say "trade this dude, ASAP." He's learned his lessons over the years. More than likely, he'll remain supportive of ALL of his teammates in front of the media (as he's done thus far).

But, if we're "keeping it real"... we need to move Pau. And Kobe HAS to know this...especially if his goal is to win another championship.
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri May 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Just another story of Kobe's incredible work ethic

Kobe Bryant Likes To Take Long Bike Rides In The Desert
By Ross Gasmer| May 3, 2013|

In an interview with Ramona Shelburne of ESPNLA.com, Clippers forward Blake Griffin shed light on a story that most Lakers fans don’t know about.

The U.S. Men’s basketball team trained in Las Vegas prior to their departure to London for the Olympics and Griffin was on the team with Bryant before he injured his left knee.

According to Kobe’s trainer Tim Grover, he wanted to add bike training into his workout regiment and on the day before Team USA’s first practice, Bryant went for a unique ride.

Shelburne retells the story in her piece on Griffin:

Grover researched a trail in Las Vegas, rented three bikes — one for Bryant, one for himself and one for Bryant’s security guard — and on the night before the first day of practice, they each put on headlamps and headed out to the trail and rode.

“We finished up around 2 a.m.” Grover said. “And we were back in the gym working out by 7:30 in the morning.”

The story just continues to reaffirm the notion that Bryant is a relentless worker and will go to the greatest lengths to get his body in the best shape possible.


http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kobe-bryant-likes-to-take-long-bike-rides-in-the-desert/2013/05/03/
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri May 03, 2013 10:14 pm

How does he keep his energy level up the next day with hardly any sleep on the occasions of some of these late night crazy workouts????????
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6484
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby XXIV on Fri May 03, 2013 10:48 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:How does he keep his energy level up the next day with hardly any sleep on the occasions of some of these late night crazy workouts????????


Having your body in amazing shape and having that type of drive will do that.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby charvin on Fri May 03, 2013 11:03 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:How does he keep his energy level up the next day with hardly any sleep on the occasions of some of these late night crazy workouts????????


He may also be one of the lucky ones where his required hours of sleep per day can be as low as 4 and he can still function normally compared to those who need the required 7-9 hours.
charvin

 
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat May 04, 2013 12:42 am

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick 03 May
Battier also said he believed Kobe Bryant would have won more than 1 MVP if voters liked his personality more.



Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/miami_ ... z2SJ7TCC9P
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sat May 04, 2013 2:20 am

This is why the mvp is a joke, Kobe deserved more than the 1.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
User avatar
KBJelleyBean24

 
Posts: 786
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: Oxnard, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat May 04, 2013 4:05 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick 03 May
Battier also said he believed Kobe Bryant would have won more than 1 MVP if voters liked his personality more.



Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/miami_ ... z2SJ7TCC9P


Ugh don't get me started on this, I'll be typing a novel on bull v p award.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby kenzo on Sat May 04, 2013 4:39 am

LTLakerFan wrote:How does he keep his energy level up the next day with hardly any sleep on the occasions of some of these late night crazy workouts????????

PED's
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5970
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat May 04, 2013 9:58 am

Kobe should have won the 06 MVP but that's it, I don't believe he deserved more than 2 for his career.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Rooscooter on Sat May 04, 2013 10:34 am

^^another backhanded complement from you I see.... :man10:

MVP's are a political award these days given the the best player that meets the "marketing direction and profile" the league wants/needs with it's business partners (Networks etc.).

Kobe has been the best player of a generation... by a pretty good margin and for him to be credited just once as the most valuable player is proof that the award is tainted.

I'd rather take the opinion of the guys that build teams for a living.... the GM's. The survey of them each year has had Kobe being the first guy they would take if he were available for about 10 straight years in the 2000's.

If I were Kobe that would be more of a confirmation of who he is as a player than anything else....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23078
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat May 04, 2013 10:41 am

That's not a backhanded compliment at all, you just have some serious disorder that causes you to perceive anything I write as either that or an unfair criticism.

06 and 08 are the only two seasons you can make a strong case for Kobe imo, so to say the award is tainted because he has just 1 is kind of dramatic.

They get it right most of the time. Since 2000 I would say the only years they got it wrong were 01, 06, and 11.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.