Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Discussion: He's a Reverse-G G (669)

Postby Jellincon on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:37 am

Kobe Bryant Reaches Agreement on Memorabilia Case, Receives Apology from Parents
By Mike Chiari on June 10, 2013
Next

Kobe Bryant's Los Angeles Lakers may have bowed out in the first round of the Western Conference playoffs this season, but the Black Mamba scored a major victory off the court in the case involving his parents attempting to sell his memorabilia.

According to Darren Rovell of ESPN, Kobe has reached a settlement with his parents, Joe and Pamela, as well as Goldin Auctions to prevent the sale of the vast majority of his memorabilia.

Less than 10 percent of the items that were initially intended for sale will ultimately be put up for auction, according to Rovell. The settlement was reached one week before Bryant and Goldin Auctions were set to go to trial, and Bryant's parents expressed regret over the entire situation.

We regret our actions and statements related to the Kobe Bryant auction memorabilia, said Joe and Pamela Bryant in the statement, provided by a publicist. We apologize for any misunderstanding and unintended pain we have caused our son and appreciate the financial support he has provided over the years. We also apologize to Goldin Auctions for their inadvertent involvement in this matter and thank them for their assistance.

Even though much of the memorabilia that was set to be auctioned has been pulled off the table, Bryant's parents and Goldin Auctions still figure to do quite well for themselves, as mentioned in the above report.

Among the items reportedly up for bid are two of Kobe's high school uniforms and two 2000 Lakers championship rings that were gifted to Bryant's parents. Kobe's 2000 NBA All-Star ring is also up for auction, but half of the proceeds will go to charity.

Now that Bryant has put this squabble behind him, he can focus on more important matters, such as rehabbing his torn Achilles' tendon. Kobe suffered the injury in the Lakers' third-to-last game of the regular season, so he has a long road back to full health.

Bryant may still have pain in his heel, but at least he has alleviated the pain in his neck that was the memorabilia battle.

Follow @MikeChiari on Twitter

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1667681-kobe-bryant-reaches-agreement-on-memorabilia-case-receives-apology-from-parents?
Jellincon

Postby trodgers on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:13 am

Nice, Kobe...and good job, parents. A positive resolution, I guess.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:38 am

I'm glad that situation is resolved, but it's still a haul for his parents.

What pieces of crap. Their son is loaded and is willing to help you, but you're so damn selfish you grab for more. Pathetic.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby OX1947 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:49 am

That twitter reading thing was freakin hilarious. They need to do that once a week. That was one of the best segments I have seen and props to the NBA stars for reading them. Twitter is justified now from that alone.
OX1947

Postby Jellincon on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:16 am

^^^

Jellincon

Postby Weezy on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:01 pm

:man10: That was awesome, the Rondo one was my favorite but they were all good.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:54 pm

LOL... That was funny. I didn't expect it to be. Loved Ginger Spice laughing at the one CPFlop read.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby borri on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:00 pm

"Deandre Jordan looks like he doesn't know how to read." LOL, that one had me rollin.
borri

Postby laker911 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Kobe just posted this on his official facebook.

"I'm Looking forward to going to Abu Dhabi and Dubai this September for the 'Kobe Ultimate Fantasy Weekend' presented by Maven Marketing & Events, in support of diabetes awareness. Details to come soon!"

I am effin excited! Hopefully I get to meet him if possible.
laker911

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:07 pm

^why isn't he working on his game? Damn Kobe. :man1:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby last stand on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:11 am

the deandre jordan one was by far the one that had me laughing. the greg anthony one was pretty true to lol
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:16 am

last stand wrote:the deandre jordan one was by far the one that had me laughing.

I agree, DJ one and the Rondo one were my favorites.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:00 am

Honestly got a lil teary eyed when watching it...

I lied. :man6:
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby The Rock on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:40 am

Here come the Duncan > Kobe topics. Boooo

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Duncan has been like the 3rd best player on his team during these finals, so yeah, don't care about those discussions. If Kobe gets to another Finals as an old man as the 2nd or 3rd best player I guess that means the Kobe>Duncan topics will pop up.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 pm

borri wrote:"Deandre Jordan looks like he doesn't know how to read." LOL, that one had me rollin.

That was the best of the lot followed by "You in that Buick commercial. You know u don't fit in that Buick."
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby boquilla on Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 pm

john hollinger on kobe 2010 finals mvp-
Everyone remembers the 6-for-24(23points-15rebounds) in Game 7, but what they all forget is how well Bryant played in the first six games of the series. That's why he won Finals MVP despite the stinker in the finale, and that's why he's so far up this list. Bryant averaged 28.6 points per game and took an impressive 60 free throws over the seven games. He also chipped in on the glass, yanking down eight boards a game -- more than any Celtic.

And while he shot poorly in the finale, he made a couple at the end to fuel the Lakers' comeback from a 13-point deficit in the second half. Meanwhile, he did plenty of damage early -- his 30-7-6 in the opener gave L.A. the early series lead.
boquilla

Postby Weezy on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Indeed, Kobe shot terribly, but his effort didn't go away, he made up for it other areas. And despite shooting 6-24 he still managed to put up 23 points in a very low scoring game, he still found a way to get over 20 and hit a big shot late.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Weezy wrote:And despite shooting 6-24 he still managed to put up 23 points in a very low scoring game, he still found a way to get over 20 and hit a big shot late.

And pull down 15 REBOUNDS
Chillbongo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Weezy wrote:Indeed, Kobe shot terribly, but his effort didn't go away, he made up for it other areas. And despite shooting 6-24 he still managed to put up 23 points in a very low scoring game, he still found a way to get over 20 and hit a big shot late.

People fail to remember that Kobe put the pressure on the Celtics who had a team focus on him. Doc wanted Kobe to force Kobe to take difficult shots. The bigger overlooked thing is that Game 7 was an amazing defensive game by both teams. The 4th quarter was absolutely amazing in my mind and Kobe was the key to the Lakers comeback and run. Don't know how anyone can question his MVP... ALthough I did think Pau came up huge that series too.
puffyusaf#2

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Weezy wrote:Indeed, Kobe shot terribly, but his effort didn't go away, he made up for it other areas. And despite shooting 6-24 he still managed to put up 23 points in a very low scoring game, he still found a way to get over 20 and hit a big shot late.

People fail to remember that Kobe put the pressure on the Celtics who had a team focus on him. Doc wanted Kobe to force Kobe to take difficult shots. The bigger overlooked thing is that Game 7 was an amazing defensive game by both teams. The 4th quarter was absolutely amazing in my mind and Kobe was the key to the Lakers comeback and run. Don't know how anyone can question his MVP... ALthough I did think Pau came up huge that series too.

Don't forget Ron's epic game 7. I'll never forget that game.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:02 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Don't forget Ron's epic game 7. I'll never forget that game.

True. I can watch that 4th quarter over and over and over again. The game was epic. A lot of people complained about how boring the game was but for me it was basketball at its best. Big shot after big shot, big stops, big defensive plays and heartpounding "OMG, please win" intensity. Unlike a certain media darling the Mamba was in every play on both ends of the floor when it mattered most. Man I get hype just remembering it.
puffyusaf#2

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:23 pm

I must've watched the highlights hundreds of times, I just remember being down 13 and s***ing bricks, thinking how bad it would be to lose to them AGAIN, after the pain of 2008. I thought Kobe had a great game to be honest with you, I don't care what the overall shooting numbers were, all I remember wss his double digit scoring total in the fourth.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Re: Kobe Discussion: Clash of the Titus! (671)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:36 pm

^hell yea. Kobe's game was effected by the defense of the Celtics. He was still agressive throughout the game. In the 4th I thought the same thing like "dear God we can't lose to them again" and then it was like 2000 against the Blazers. Man, I may need to pull out that championship DVD and see if the 4th quarter is on it....... I can wax poetic about that game all night.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Kobe Discussion: Clash of the Titus! (671)

Postby kobe_008 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:13 pm

as far as i know Kobe refused to lose
having a bad shoting game is something everyone has it
but you just will it out
kobe_008

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion