Would adding Daniel's & Howard be enough?

Would adding Daniel's & Howard be enough?

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:41 pm

I saw a very realistic post in the rumors section, by Snakell's Beast. It had the starters being Antonio Daniels, Kobe, Shaq, George, Howard. Bench Fisher, Rush, Fox, Horry, Medvedenko, and Pargo, and then of course whatever we could get in the draft for next year.

For what the Lakers have cap wise, this seems very realistic and would solve some problems. I think we could go on another multiple run with this squad, what do you think?
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:47 pm

Daniels and Howard would definitely add offense and athletic ability on the table, but I'm not sure if they have the defensice prowess we are looking for. Payton can definitely play D. So he might be a better way to go. But Daniels does add some quickness.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:13 pm

Is is possible with the cap and all the rules to add Payton and Howard to the team?

Postby BDG on Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:31 pm

anything is possible, but we'd be over the cap with Payton AND Howard. Buss would have to pay lux tax, something he's not willing to do. It looks as if we need to get one or the other with our MLE... I'd go with Payton.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:35 pm

Yes I would agree with you. Payton as our starting point guard and Fisher coming off the bench would solve the problem we've had with the Bibby's & Parker's of the league. Not to mention having Pargo as a 3rd point guard option. Then we could use the defend the pf position by comittee as we have successfully done in the past. This could work.
Lakerfantilidie

Re: Would adding Daniel's & Howard be enough?

Postby spurfanatic50 on Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:35 pm

Lakerfantilidie wrote:I saw a very realistic post in the rumors section, by Snakell's Beast. It had the starters being Antonio Daniels, Kobe, Shaq, George, Howard. Bench Fisher, Rush, Fox, Horry, Medvedenko, and Pargo, and then of course whatever we could get in the draft for next year.

For what the Lakers have cap wise, this seems very realistic and would solve some problems. I think we could go on another multiple run with this squad, what do you think?

You don't want Antonio. Trust me
spurfanatic50

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:53 am

agreed. Daniels sucks. We don't need him as a Laker even at the bench. Theres a reason why he isn't getting playing time and thats because he sucks!! He had a lot of potential coming out of bowling green college. He just never panned out. Its lack of dedication and commitment to the game. There are other candidates for our point guard needs and one of them is not Daniels. Mitch will look elsewhere for the talent and ----- Payton, Terry, Arenas, Kenny Anderson, Boykins, Speedy Claxton, Andre Miller, Jamal Crawford, etc.

Shawn Marion could be a free agent the Suns holds an option. He would be perfect in our triangle... just my 3 cents.......
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Spurfanatic50 on Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:42 am

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:agreed. Daniels sucks. We don't need him as a Laker even at the bench. Theres a reason why he isn't getting playing time and thats because he sucks!! He had a lot of potential coming out of bowling green college. He just never panned out. Its lack of dedication and commitment to the game. There are other candidates for our point guard needs and one of them is not Daniels. Mitch will look elsewhere for the talent and ----- Payton, Terry, Arenas, Kenny Anderson, Boykins, Speedy Claxton, Andre Miller, Jamal Crawford, etc.

Shawn Marion could be a free agent the Suns holds an option. He would be perfect in our triangle... just my 3 cents.......

I know Speedy isn't under contract for next year. However I think he might resign. Rings have a tendency to do that.
Spurfanatic50

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:19 am

Antonio Daniels is the only real viable option if we want to get a legit Power Forward to improve our front line. We can't use our MLE on 35 year old Payton and think that will somehow make us a championship team again. Who will we play @ PF if we do that, Horry again? Walker, Madsen? Slava is still 24 and undeveloped, want to throw him into the fire too soon and risk stunting his development? We need to address the PF issues first, then we can think about a trade or draft option to get a good PG. But, as mitch recently said, PF is our main concern...
Snakell Beast

Return to Lakers Discussion