Would you replace George w/ Artest

Postby LakerPride on Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:11 pm

that arguement is weak and adolecent LG. Artest got traded by Chicago....the same team that broke a championship team up right after the title.

George has three rings simply by the fact that he plays on the same team as Shaq and Kobe. Trust me, if Artest was in George's position he'd have 3 rings too....if not 4.

Artest is simply a better player than George. Tell me one thing that George does well on the basketball floor better than Artest?
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:11 pm

LG2K, I respect that you are correct about no rings, but he played for the freakin' bulls for god's sake. Can you blame him...and the pacers aren't exactly the spurs either...I would prefer to have artest over george, but how about artest AND george. Actually, I would like to trade for Artest and sign James Posey as his back up...that would be pretty col, then do the terry/ratliff trade (like in my gm post) and sign Howard with the MLE. We could be pretty amazing, It'll never happen, but its nice to dream...
Snakell Beast

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:12 pm

By the way, WELCOME BACK LP, haven't heard from you in damn near a month...
Snakell Beast

Postby LakerPride on Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:13 pm

been busy with finals bro
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby LakerPride on Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:14 pm

that and I got engaged a couple weeks ago...
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:27 pm

Artest has an anger problem and we all know that... His emotion superceeds his talent cuz of his lack of controlling his anger. That's what is gonna hold him back in this league. George doesn't have that problem, and he knows the triangle, and how to play the game, just like Artest does. George has the advantage by far over Artest because of his problem. No team wants to put up with the excess baggage of a player no matter how talented they may be. Until he can get a hold of his frustations and learn how to release them in a more efficiant manner then he's not gonna be as successful.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Laker brain on Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:54 pm

LG is saying that because she like George's appearance, I bet if he looked like Manute bol you would want to trade him, Don't judge the looks, but the talent, and stats show artest 75% better than george.
Laker brain

Postby Snakell Beast on Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:13 pm

Now now, LB, don't get personal it isn't healthy. She may like Devean's appearance, but I truly think that George could get about as good as Artest if he worked at it. I just think RIGHT NOW that Artest is the better player, fire and anger management problems and all...
Snakell Beast

Postby Guest on Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:45 pm

LB
that's not what my gurl said at all.
All she was sayin was that devean is much better than artest, in basketball. But he also look much better than artest too.
So don't be trying to diss my gurl lyke that when you dont even know what she trying to say. you twistin her words around. she aint even was trying to say that.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:46 pm

Laker brain wrote:LG is saying that because she like George's appearance, I bet if he looked like Manute bol you would want to trade him, Don't judge the looks, but the talent, and stats show artest 75% better than george.

Oh...So ur judgin me just cuz Devean is good lookin, that I can't see beyond his looks... Look, just cuz he's attractive doesn't mean that I see his looks over his performance... I'm a female, so naturally I'm gonna think that players of the game are or are not good lookin, so pls try and not to discriminate on me, just cuz of that.... It doesn't matter what draft pick he was, and that Artest was picked higher than him, that was prolly cuz Devean went to a Div 3 school. MJ was picked 3rd in the draft, and look how Ginobli turned out with the Spurs. So PLEASE don't go offa assumptions just cuz I'm a female. I'm gonna be tha betta person here, cuz I'm not gonna attempt to get personal with u on here, that's not what I bring to the table.

Well if ur attempting to degrade me, well go ahead and do so, I wont take it personal anyway. I'm just lookin for a debate on facts, nothing personal... Well I guess U had to take it to the next level, cuz I have a preference for Devean. Well he's clearly the better level headed player and he's been a perfect fit for the Lakers. I wouldnt make the trade cuz he has his act together, and until Ron can calm down, I dont see him in our future anytime soon...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Reddy on Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:56 pm

LG dint mean it like that. she is saying a fair debate adn her points are valid and making sense.... :bow: :bow: And I agree with Snakell, I truly believe George can become the great player artest is, but i love devean right now, he is our athletism on this laker squad, i love his rebounds, his blocks and his treys....so agreeing with LG, I am saying until artest can cool it.......he wont be on our roster.....least not yet
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Laker brain on Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:44 am

I'm sorry if I offended you (Lakersgyrl2003), I don't want any beef, and I would like to squash all (if any). I spoke my mind when I posted that message, I didn't intentionally target you as a person, but rather, I merely stated that you were fond of George, I know that Artest is not coming to LA and Devean has more experience in the tri-offense. I stated that he was better and I would trade him in a heart-beat. What I stated is only an opinion, that I am entitled to have. I didn't mere to offend, or degrade anyone, it's not my style, I don't know you and to put you down would be non-sense. I just think that Artest could give us the better perimeter and post defense. The Lakers were dead last in defending the 3pt shot, Fox is getting old, and George will never get to show his full potential playing with Kobe, Deveans role on the team is to play D, and take the open shot. Ron Artest has a role and that is to defend, he can create a shot for himself, and the guy, is just so intense, he hates to lose, just like Kobe, it's guys like him that helps teams win championships. Yes he has issues, but he is only 23 yrs old and that can change. The whole thing was a fantasy trade, you don't have to worry because Indiana wouldn't trade him for George, and Artest makes more money than Devean. But again sorry for saying that you prefered his appearance over his skill, I may have got that idea from another post about devean. So I hope their are no hard feelings. I make mistakes I'm only 20 yrs of age and I typed my first thought. My bad...

(to the guest w/ those remarks- let her speak for herself, you make yourself look........never mind... This beef is Squashed.
Im Outro
Laker brain

Postby Reddy on Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:23 am

Yay! Ball hoop harmony! So, peace everyone? :man11:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:27 am

It's all good, Laker Brain :jam2: I understand ur opinions and all, but I'm a fan who doesn't judge players on their looks, and not their work ethic. I KNOW Artest is a good player and all, but he's still troublesome. Sure if he was to become a Laker, I wouldn't give up Devean for him. Devean found a home last season, and his play got us far. Hell he even scored the most points in a game vs the Suns (I think), something that wasnt accomplished for over a year since Shaq and Kobe has been doin this for a while now. Devean hustles on the boards, and has great defense. But then again so does Artest. But Devean has alot of advantages over him. He knows the Tri, he keeps his coo, his height, and he's been a Laker for a while now... Devean shined last season, and he finally shown what he's capable of. I wouldn't wanna throw that away any time soon, cuz who knows what he has in store.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby MIKEDOG on Sun Jun 08, 2003 11:13 am

I would take the trade in a minute. Artest is 10x the player that George is. And the anger is a non issue on the Lakers for three very big reasons Phil, Shaq, Kobe in that order. Phil is a master at controlling players, and Shaq and Kobe would not let that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] fly. He is outa ontroll over there because that is how he is allowed to play. I say with his skill and his aggressiveness and the right coach this guy becomes one of the NBA top players.
MIKEDOG

Postby lalgirl3 on Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:37 pm

Even though this may be a fantasy trade between Indiana and the Lakers, just because Artest said that him and Kobe are cool do you think that Artest would be willing to down play some to let Shaq and Kobe do there thing?
lalgirl3

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:43 pm

Well, Artest was not the first scoring option in Indiana. At times he was the 3rd or 4th, after Jermaine O'neal, Reggie Miller, Brad Miller gets the touches first. What makes Artest intriuging is that he can contribute so much without scoring. He hustles, plays great D (2nd team NBA defensive in my opinion), and rebounds. If he has to score, he can muscle it up and post.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion