Xavier Henry Discussion: Xmin

Re: Xavier Henry Discussion

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:34 am

LakerFan1235 wrote:You mean he only goes left? ^

I suppose. I guess he has no right hand then, cause he just always seems to fumble around on a drive, but somehow still hold on to the ball. :man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Jordan-esque on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:23 pm

If Kobe is Wolverine...

Xavier Henry is The Professor!

Professor Xavier!
Lakers Strategy:... 95% :ball3:... +... 5% :ball2:... = 100% :bang:
Jordan-esque

Postby Sirron on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:37 pm

Where hast thou gone Zah Vee eh?

You looked so promising....... Show us something in China eh?
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Barnstable on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:01 am

15 Pt in 28min, 5-13 shooting, and 3-3 on 3pts.

Not bad. I expect him to raise the percentages. I didn't see the whole game, but still not bad from what I saw. I'm really pretty excited for this kid because he's not just a one dimensional offensive player. He can clearly play in the NBA.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:03 am

I like this kid but he better learn a few moves from the Mamba cause he is getting predictable
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:06 am

I would play him over Meeks , it doesn't mean he's ready to be a rotation player but he can get there with some hard work
Last edited by wcsoldier81 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
wcsoldier81

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:07 am

Nice solid game, gotta hit your free throw though, and I agree he needs to change his attacking game a little cause teams are already catching on

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 am

His attacking game is what he's good at, I don't want him changing that at all. Get to the rim, get fouled, get free throws. That's what he's good at.

The only thing he needs to do is perfect his mid-range jumper. If that jumper falls consistently he's very difficult to defend, kind of like a poor man's Harden. Except Henry's fouls are more legitimate and Harden is a piece of ****.

Henry still has a great shot to make the team and I hope he does. He'd provide better depth for us than Landry or Meeks.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:31 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:I would play him over Meeks , it doesn't mean he's ready to be a rotation player but he can get there with some hard work

If Henry can shoot 35% from 3 (Meeks avg), Meeks shouldn't see the court. I'll take Henry all day over our pseudo-sniper any day.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Barnstable on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:43 am

As out of control as he looks on his drives, he draws fouls like crazy, so I don't see much wrong with that part of his game.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:57 am

Xavier is definitely better than Meeks at this point...so is DJO. Honestly, if we can't get a late second rounder for Meeks, we should just cut him. The Jodie Meeks we were hoping to get just 'aint walkin' through that door. :man5:
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:04 pm

therealdeal wrote:His attacking game is what he's good at, I don't want him changing that at all. Get to the rim, get fouled, get free throws. That's what he's good at.

The only thing he needs to do is perfect his mid-range jumper. If that jumper falls consistently he's very difficult to defend, kind of like a poor man's Harden. Except Henry's fouls are more legitimate and Harden is a piece of ****.

Henry still has a great shot to make the team and I hope he does. He'd provide better depth for us than Landry or Meeks.

Spot on with that point. I noticed that, too. He needs to develop that intermediate range on the court. He has a nice shop jumpshot, but when he drives to the hoop, developing that mid-range would definitely help him. In addition, as another posted pointed out, he's very left handed dominant, and almost goes to his left exclusively; he needs to diversify his game in that aspect, and he'll only get better. Other then that, I like the potential and these are the players you take a chance on developing not the Darius Morris' of the world.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:17 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:
therealdeal wrote:His attacking game is what he's good at, I don't want him changing that at all. Get to the rim, get fouled, get free throws. That's what he's good at.

Spot on with that point. I noticed that, too. He needs to develop that intermediate range on the court. He has a nice shop jumpshot, but when he drives to the hoop, developing that mid-range would definitely help him. In addition, as another posted pointed out, he's very left handed dominant, and almost goes to his left exclusively; he needs to diversify his game in that aspect, and he'll only get better. Other then that, I like the potential and these are the players you take a chance on developing not the Darius Morris' of the world.

^^ I agree with basically everyone here. Henry's got a LOT more upside than Meeks at this stage. This kid deserves a shot here.

I really like what he's showing out there. He's basically fearless and he's got legit NBA size, body and athleticism. He's not bad on the defensive end either. Well, it wouldn't be hard to be better than Meeks on D!

Love his drives to the hoop, love the confidence in his threes. Yes, he develops that mid-range he'll be pretty deadly all around.

I really hope we keep him and develop him.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:52 pm

At this point, I'd be super, fall off my chair surprised if he gets cut.
borri

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Didn't expect Henry to be outplaying Johnson.. At this point he's our best option on the wings next to Young & Kobe once he returns.. Excited to see if he can keep this going when it counts. That would be a great surprise & raise the team's ceiling a bit.
lakersin4

Postby Center Court on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:05 pm

lakersin4 wrote:Didn't expect Henry to be outplaying Johnson.. At this point he's our best option on the wings next to Young & Kobe once he returns.. Excited to see if he can keep this going when it counts. That would be a great surprise & raise the team's ceiling a bit.

Johnson's one game?
Center Court

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Center Court wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:Didn't expect Henry to be outplaying Johnson.. At this point he's our best option on the wings next to Young & Kobe once he returns.. Excited to see if he can keep this going when it counts. That would be a great surprise & raise the team's ceiling a bit.

Johnson's one game?

Yeah I didn't mean to compare them in that way.. I just expected Johnson to be the first wing to emerge as a good fit next to Young or Kobe, I didn't have that expectation of Xavier or Harris.. Of course he can still do that.. I just meant that I'm caught off guard by Henry's play. I would like to see him continue to do well as his unconventional methods of scoring are hard to defend. Being able to create offense by getting to the line is a valuable skill.
lakersin4

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Center Court wrote:

Johnson's one game?

To be fair to Lakersin4, it was actually two games. Albeit Johnson played out of position at 4 for one of them. The next game though he played SF with the starters and he looked pretty much like garbage out there. In other words, he wasn't impressive at either position at either end of the court.

I'm not trying to knock Johnson, and I think he'll get some time to develop here, but I agree, Henry has been a real surprise.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:39 pm

He kinda reminds me of Corey Maggette with the way he explodes to the basket and gets fouled. The big difference is that he plays better D than Maggette, but Maggette's ball handling and jumper were better. For this particular team, the defense matters more. Not bad for a vet min contract.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Center Court on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:35 pm

lakersin4 wrote:
Center Court wrote:

Johnson's one game?

Yeah I didn't mean to compare them in that way.. I just expected Johnson to be the first wing to emerge as a good fit next to Young or Kobe, I didn't have that expectation of Xavier or Harris.. Of course he can still do that.. I just meant that I'm caught off guard by Henry's play. I would like to see him continue to do well as his unconventional methods of scoring are hard to defend. Being able to create offense by getting to the line is a valuable skill.

Gotcha. I'm with you. Henry was a total surprise. A lot of people here still have hope he can live up to the 4th selection.

Either way both are firm locks to make the roster. I'd personally like to see Johnson take the reigns and become the starting sf because I think his game fits very well with Nash/Kobe/Pau/Kaman. I don't know if he is ready and I don't think Henry is either so it may be Young's by default.
Center Court

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Center Court wrote:
lakersin4 wrote:
Center Court wrote:

Johnson's one game?

Gotcha. I'm with you. Henry was a total surprise. A lot of people here still have hope he can live up to the 4th selection.

Either way both are firm locks to make the roster. I'd personally like to see Johnson take the reigns and become the starting sf because I think his game fits very well with Nash/Kobe/Pau/Kaman. I don't know if he is ready and I don't think Henry is either so it may be Young's by default.

^^ I do hope Johnson shows us something Centercourt. It would be great if he could take the SF role, but I have my doubts thus far. Hopefully he learns to fit in and use his athleticism. And agreed, hopefully Henry makes the roster and continues to do what he's done so far this pre-season.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:41 pm

no contest so far this preseason Henry>Wes....
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:I would play him over Meeks , it doesn't mean he's ready to be a rotation player but he can get there with some hard work

If Henry can shoot 35% from 3 (Meeks avg), Meeks shouldn't see the court. I'll take Henry all day over our pseudo-sniper any day.

I will believe MDA playing Henry over Meeks when I see it ... unfortunately I think Meeks will start as long as Kobe is out
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:32 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:no contest so far this preseason Henry>Wes....

:man10:

Wesley only played 1.5 games?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:53 pm

therealdeal wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:no contest so far this preseason Henry>Wes....

:man10:

Wesley only played 1.5 games?

yup, and the .5 game he was "given the green light" by MDA, and it was horrible.

i mean first of all, why does an NBA head coach that "revolutionized the game" has to see if an athletic slasher can create for himself?

i mean i can understand if it was giving him a chance to shine, but i mean u dont have to be a professional coach at any level to understand wesley isnt that type of player.

so in that half game he played, i dont give him crap for that, he played outside his game, atleast he tried, but hes really bad at creating for himself.

he really doesnt know what to do when he tries to control the offense, a bit appalling. we know he isnt a great shooter, but dude could of tried to attack, like henry, either draw the foul or draw the double and kick it out. but instead, he ran around the perimeter for 16 seconds and then taking a very out of rhythm contested J.

1st game he didnt do TOO great, but that was the 1st Preseason game. so i dont think we can justify any judgement on wesley yet.

but i saw him live in the nuggets game at staples in which he played only half a game.

dude is tall, although hes not that taller than young, he just looks much taller, especailly with his wingspan.

im excited when he meshes in and see what athleticism he can show, i honestly think he can be a great slasher and occasional spot up shooting (kind of like ariza status). if he gains a little weight, he has the potential of being the new artest, in terms of guarding the perimeter players in the league (lebron, melo, durant) etc etc
LooN3y

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion