Xavier Henry Discussion: Back from injury available to play

Re: Xavier Henry Discussion

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:45 pm

GNC wrote:I didn't know X is only 22.. fantastic signing.

Best part about that.....

We have cap room next season. If we want these young guys to stay, we can make it happen.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:45 pm

he just needs to practice those free throws, so he can finish all those and1's :man1:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Barnstable on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:47 pm

Exactly!!! Not only cheap, and really good. He's very young!!

We really should attempt to sign him for multiple years while we still can get him at a discount
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

Best part about that.....

We have cap room next season. If we want these young guys to stay, we can make it happen.

This. The Lakers have big plans for next season, but these guys can totally fit into those plans. Jordan Farmar, Xavier Henry, Shawne Williams, and Wesley Johnson... All of those guys can get a nice paycheck next season.

Maybe not all of them, but a couple of them can.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina 1m
Xavier Henry: "I love our attitude. Our attitude is the biggest thing we have going. We have guys who are ready to go get it. We're hungry."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite M

This attitude will get us to the playoffs this year. And if not, at least we know no one is quitting on the team.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Give him the max already :jam2:

But really, career high in his first official regular season game with the Lakers, can't ask for more from this guy he did it all!

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GNC on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:17 pm

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 17m
Henry said Kobe gave him some constructive criticism postgame, and @xhenry7 plans to go study film of those specifics tonight.

This guy... had a career night and is going to study film tonight :bow:
GNC

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:26 pm

GNC wrote:
Henry said Kobe gave him some constructive criticism postgame, and @xhenry7 plans to go study film of those specifics tonight.

The guy had a career night and Kobe still gave him pointers. :man10:

I love that. I also love that Xavier is willing to hear it and do something about it. That shows some great character. If this kid can do this kind of thing fairly consistently this season... He's going to be back next season for sure.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Barnstable on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:27 pm

GNC wrote:

:bow: :bow:
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm going to stick with what I said earlier this pre-season. I think when Kobe comes back, Henry needs to be the starting SF. He's already playing SF right now, so we know he can. Young can do what Henry is doing right now off the bench, basically. Young can be the scorer as the bench SF and he already has good chemistry with Farmar.

I want to see Henry developed and I think the starting 3 spot is the place. He can be more than just a bench player. I can feel it. And I like that Kobe is already taking him under his wing and working with him mentally. I can see those two playing together. I CAN'T and don't want to see Kobe and Young playing together. Not a good idea. Also D' Antoni appears to want to play Johnson as the bench 4.

Henry would add an infusion of youth and athleticism to the starting squad when Kobe returns. But unlike Young he should be able to do more than just score out there. I like his ability to drive and kick especially. Also much better D than Young.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:38 pm

22, big, fast, and talented

Sounds good to me

This guy was a top 3 prospect out of highschool, top 7 draft pick out of college. The guy always ha the ability to be the player he's becoming. Something was missing mentally

Hopefully with some time and age he's figured out whatever held him back and now the talent is coming to the forefront
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Barnstable on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:41 pm

I've been very surprised at X's ability to pass actually. He has better court vision than I expected.
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 pm

Lakerjones wrote:I'm going to stick with what I said earlier this pre-season. I think when Kobe comes back, Henry needs to be the starting SF. He's already playing SF right now, so we know he can. Young can do what Henry is doing right now off the bench, basically. Young can be the scorer as the bench SF and he already has good chemistry with Farmar.

I want to see Henry developed and I think the starting 3 spot is the place. He can be more than just a bench player. I can feel it. And I like that Kobe is already taking him under his wing and working with him mentally. I can see those two playing together. I CAN'T and don't want to see Kobe and Young playing together. Not a good idea. Also D' Antoni appears to want to play Johnson as the bench 4.

Henry would add an infusion of youth and athleticism to the starting squad when Kobe returns. But unlike Young he should be able to do more than just score out there. I like his ability to drive and kick especially. Also much better D than Young.

Talent wise and style wise he should be starting, but playing with kobe changes other players aggressiveness. I would rather cultivate an aggression with Henry than let him get passive with the starters

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Barnstable on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:45 pm

last stand wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:I'm going to stick with what I said earlier this pre-season. I think when Kobe comes back, Henry needs to be the starting SF. He's already playing SF right now, so we know he can. Young can do what Henry is doing right now off the bench, basically. Young can be the scorer as the bench SF and he already has good chemistry with Farmar.

Talent wise and style wise he should be starting, but playing with kobe changes other players aggressiveness. I would rather cultivate an aggression with Henry than let him get passive with the starters

I agree. X needs to get use to being that guy that is depended on to score and be aggressive before we throw him in with Kobe for extended minutes.
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:48 pm

last stand wrote:

I don't think he's going to be passive no matter who he is playing with. He knows his aggressiveness is what is getting him noticed and paying dividends. I think he could be starter material. I'd like to see us actually develop a young talented player again (as we did with Bynum).
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:49 pm

I like him better off the bench. I don't think he works well with Kobe. Henry needs to be able to control the ball from time to time and I don't think Kobe gives him that opportunity as much.

Off the bench he can be our go-to perimeter threat.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:53 pm

You guys haven't even seen him with Kobe. And it won't happen for some time anyway. But really, don't be surprised if he takes over the starting 3 spot. Henry is better starting material than Young,that's for sure. Talk about not working well with Kobe. That will never work.

When Kobe returns, Young needs to go back to the bench. Young AND Henry off the bench is redundant. They are playing the same position. And doing the same thing - being the scorer.

Better to develop Henry as a starting 3. It's not like we have any better prospects any way at the 3. Not sure why you guys are hung up on it.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:57 pm

This is a very delicate time in his development. He's turned some corner. He can either revert or keep progressing up

Henry is probably the best prospect we've had in our possession since Bynum so we have to make sure we develop him correctly

Henry realizing his full potential would make rebuilding move faster

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:00 am

Young is starting...its in his contract from what ive heard. X off the bench, being able to do whatever he wants with Farmar Wes & Hill is pretty important. I'd let him loose and let him be creative and aggressive. Starting unit is too structured i feel for him and he fits better with that young aggressive confident bench mob. Dont expect these games but 10 ppg is doable for him and is what we would need. just stay confident and hungry and watching his interviews and backstage lakers, it seems he will as thats who he is. a guy to watch and root for to succeed no doubt. he gonna hopefully continue to develop and im sure with the help of kobe he can improve. hes got game and i love that hes a lefty...adds something different to our offense. the guy loves contact and goes after it which is cool and useful. love him and farmar combo off the bench and hope it stays in tact for the long haul
Ariza3

Postby revgen on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:01 am

Say what you want about Henry or Young not fitting in with Kobe on offense. Henry is clearly the superior fit on the defensive end compared to Young, and should be starting when Kobe comes back. Our starters are simply awful at defending the perimeter, and Kobe's defense will be the last thing to return as he recovers from achilles surgery.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby last stand on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:02 am

Lakerjones wrote:You guys haven't even seen him with Kobe. And it won't happen for some time anyway. But really, don't be surprised if he takes over the starting 3 spot. Henry is better starting material than Young,that's for sure. Talk about not working well with Kobe. That will never work.

When Kobe returns, Young needs to go back to the bench. Young AND Henry off the bench is redundant. They are playing the same position. And doing the same thing - being the scorer.

Better to develop Henry as a starting 3. It's not like we have any better prospects any way at the 3. Not sure why you guys are hung up on it.

Henry will develop best when he is allowed complete freedom to be the primary scorer for a group and all that goes with it

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:02 am

last stand wrote:This is a very delicate time in his development. He's turned some corner. He can either revert or keep progressing up

Henry is probably the best prospect we've had in our possession since Bynum so we have to make sure we develop him correctly

Henry realizing his full potential would make rebuilding move faster

Totally agree, and that's what I'm saying, too. I'm just saying - develop him. That means give him a starting role once Kobe comes back and put Young on the bench doing the same thing that Henry is now.

Henry looks better than Young. Therefore, develop him as a starter because that's what you're going to want him to be going forward. Young is as good as he's ever going to get. He's a perennial backup scorer. That's just what he is. Henry can be more than that. But he'll need time in that role to do so.

Look, this is probably too early as Kobe most likely will be out for a while. But don't be surprised if it happens, because it seems like the natural thing to do.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:04 am

GNC wrote:

As opposed to what? Looking to have fun and playing games of breaking win in the locker room. Henry knows he has to improve or defenders will lock in on his tendencies. That is what being accepting of being taught to be a winner instead of thinking he's been that way all his life like That Guy That Left.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:04 am

revgen wrote:Say what you want about Henry or Young not fitting in with Kobe on offense. Henry is clearly the superior fit on the defensive end compared to Young, and should be starting when Kobe comes back. Our starters are simply awful at defending the perimeter, and Kobe's defense will be the last thing to return as he recovers from achilles surgery.

Agreed.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:08 am

I just think coming off the bench offers Henry more freedom to make mistakes, to take chances, to really take over

With the starters pau, Nash, and especially kobe will demand a certain control from him as well as a certain "play within the offense" mentality

The kind that could stunt his growth at this level

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde