Do you think the NBA wants to influence the outcome?

Do you think the NBA can influence voluntarily the outcome?

YES
80%
NO
20%

Total votes : 5

Do you think the NBA wants to influence the outcome?

Postby shaqass on Wed May 14, 2003 11:04 am

Watching this serie a question came into my mind. I knew already that the home team was protected and in case of doubt the home team would always receive favourable call. But now I have the feeling that the NBA wants those series to go in seven. Of course the NBA could not change the outcome of a serie in 2001 because we were really too good. But this year, all the games are tight (well, not all :man7: ) and finishing a LA-SA serie in 7 would mean a lot of money for the NBA. I am maybe (probably :freak2: ?) completly wrong but some FT stats and referees calls are sometimes really really strange. I am no defending only the Lakers because bad calls were whistle for both teams.

What do u think?
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 4:00 pm

they want this to go to all seven games, so they'll get more money!!! :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Wed May 14, 2003 11:05 pm

From the LA Times this morning :man1:

Officiating

This one is for conspiracy theorists who believe the league favors marquee players and major-market teams. Exhibit A is Game 6 last year against Sacramento, when O'Neal's points weren't all that sunk the Kings.

Divac spent most of the second half in foul trouble before leaving the game on a questionable call with 2:56 remaining. Teammate Scot Pollard had already fouled out.

"Why don't they just let us know in advance?" a frustrated Divac asked afterward.

The Lakers shot 27 free throws in the fourth quarter, two more than Sacramento had the entire game.

"Obviously they got the game called the way they wanted to get it called," said Adelman, who called it "a shame."

The Lakers could argue that only a few nights earlier, O'Neal fouled out and the Kings enjoyed a significant free-throw advantage in Game 5.

Still, claims of preferential treatment resurfaced as recently as Game 4 of the current series against San Antonio, when David Robinson fouled out in 14 minutes.

"I was handcuffed," he said. "I didn't get much of a chance to play."
shaqass

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 2:47 am

WHOA!! :mad1: :mad1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqass on Thu May 15, 2003 2:57 am

that would mean that if the game is close today (but it won't, Lakers by15 :jam2: ) we should win.......we will see....... :man13: :man13: :man13:

Anyway, Dinasty don't need help :man2:
shaqass

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 3:02 am

shaqass wrote:that would mean that if the game is close today (but it won't, Lakers by15 :jam2: ) we should win.......we will see....... :man13: :man13: :man13:

Anyway, Dinasty don't need help :man2:

We havent even been gettin help anyway... We're earning out wins, and the refs are blind as hell, and call the ticky tack stuff!!! But it's all good though, it's just another obstacle for us to overcome!
LakersGyrl2003

Return to Lakers Discussion