Your prediciton on where the BIG name free agents wind up...

Your prediciton on where the BIG name free agents wind up...

Postby crucifido on Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:08 am

Just list the marquee names being bantied about -

Karl Malone - Mavericks
Jason Kidd - Nets
Gary Payton - Lakers
Juwan Howard - Lakers
P.J. Brown - Spurs
Jermaine O'Neal - Pacers
Elton Brand - Clippers
Brad Miller - Queens
Keon Clark - Knicks
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:36 pm

How do you see the Lakers getting both Payton & Howard? $$$ wise, how do you think this is possible?
Lakerfantilidie

Postby shaqass on Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:20 am

I think the Lakers have a good chance to get Howard, but I am really doubtful for Payton...and both...no way!!!! But let's continue to dream :man12:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Postby crucifido on Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:11 am

It IS possible providing one take sone exception and one takes the other. They can fill the holes with other cheap players with their minimum slots available. Trust me - Payton will be a Laker, I said it back in January on this board. Howard will play for any amount the Lakers offer him. He's made his money - he's ready to win now.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby BDG on Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:45 pm

that may be a good point... if Howard signs for the minimum, that will have to be a record for biggest salary drop for a single player between one season. damn...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:56 am

Howard won't sign for the minimum, I cannot believe that. And GP beeing a Lakers is possible but he is not going to accept "only" the 4.5 I saw an article where some close friends of him said the GP is willing to play for the Lakers but for more than 4.5 and for a long contract. I think it sounds realistic. Now are we going to give what he wants?

Postby shaqass on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:58 am

Anonymous wrote:Howard won't sign for the minimum, I cannot believe that. And GP beeing a Lakers is possible but he is not going to accept "only" the 4.5M (only 4.5M...sounds weird if I compare with my slary :man10: ). I saw an article where some close friends of him said the GP is willing to play for the Lakers but for more than 4.5 and for a long contract. I think it sounds realistic. Now are we going to give what he wants?

that was me :man6:
shaqass
Clublakers Rep: Neuchatel

Return to Lakers Discussion