Your Projected Final Roster

Re: Your Projected Final Roster

Postby jadej2 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Phil XI wrote:Cut and waive mean the same thing to everyone on this board, laker nation, real gm, everywhere. Get real. We're talking roster so don't act like you knew what we were talking about. Baggery right there noosh.

The point is that no one will be wavied because it just doesn't make since financially and will cripple us in the luxury tax.
jadej2

Postby noobiew on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:02 am

Doc Brown wrote:Nash / Blake / Duhon
Kobe / Meeks / DJO
MWP / Ebanks / CDR
Pau / Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre

I really want this team but I realized afterward Morris has a guaranteed contract form the Lakers :bang: WHY !

So likely DJO will be the odd man out :man5:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby LakerFan1980 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:59 am

Kobe / Meeks / DJO
MWP / Ebanks / CDR
Pau / Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre

That's about right!
WE PAY CASH FOR HOUSES
424-216-8525
LakerFan1980

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:02 am

jadej2 wrote:
Phil XI wrote:Cut and waive mean the same thing to everyone on this board, laker nation, real gm, everywhere. Get real. We're talking roster so don't act like you knew what we were talking about. Baggery right there noosh.

The point is that no one will be wavied because it just doesn't make since financially and will cripple us in the luxury tax.

I'm not saying the Buss family and Lakers management would do this, but waiving Morris's $962,000 contract and Goudelock's not fully guaranteed $762,000 contract would be far from crippling for a team willing to pay as much as they are.

Waive those two, along with Somogyi, Aguilar, and Nelson. Maintain Douglas-Roberts, Sacre, and Odom.

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Bryant/Meeks/Odom
Peace/Ebanks/Roberts
Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

That's how the team should look after camp.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby jadej2 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:40 pm

therealdeal wrote:
jadej2 wrote:

I'm not saying the Buss family and Lakers management would do this, but waiving Morris's $962,000 contract and Goudelock's not fully guaranteed $762,000 contract would be far from crippling for a team willing to pay as much as they are.

Waive those two, along with Somogyi, Aguilar, and Nelson. Maintain Douglas-Roberts, Sacre, and Odom.

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Bryant/Meeks/Odom
Peace/Ebanks/Roberts
Gasol/Jamison/Clark
Howard/Hill/Sacre

That's how the team should look after camp.

The problem is that it double in luxury taxes meaning we're be paying Morris almost 2 mil, and about 1.5 mil for Goudelock and that hurts. Also now I regret to take on Duhon's contract because he'll be hard to buy-out.
jadej2

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Goudelock's contract isn't fully guaranteed, so it wouldn't be 1.5 million. Probably much closer to 1 million along with Morris's 1.9 million. The total eaten cost would be roughly 3 or 3.1 million to let go of them.

Considering they're already going above and beyond spending money with Nash, Howard, Hill, and Meeks, I don't see why they wouldn't take that hit to have a better team.

And it's not as if those players would count towards next year's punitive tax hit. It'd be a one time cost that'd pay off with the return of a better team. Again, I wouldn't say the Buss family will waive someone like Morris, but it's not like it's impossible or even unlikely.

Goudelock especially will likely not be retained. He looks terrible and Odom looks far better already, not to even mention Chris Douglas-Roberts.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Hopefully we'd be looking at this:

Dwight/Hill/Sacre
Pau/Jamison/Clark
Artest/Ebanks/CDR
Kobe/Meeks/DJO
Nash/Blake/Duhon

However, I fear Morris stays ahead of DJO
Center Court

Postby cthroatgtr on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:22 am

Without the benefit of camp and much preseason right now this is who I keep:

PG-Nash, Blake, Morris
SG-Kobe, Meeks, CDR
SF-MWP, Ebanks, Jamison
PF-Gasol, Hill, Clark
C-Howard, Sacre

Positions with Hill, Jamison & CDR are relative as they will be tweeners. Not sure I wouldn't prefer a better 5th big over Clark but maybe he'll surprise. Only there because he is taller. Goudlock is an undersized SG and really doesn't have a role. Morris is a true PG and belongs in the d-league. Right now I would guess Blake has the inside track on Duhon. Also depth chart is not actual as we know if Jamison plays SF he is ahead of Ebanks. DJO could surprise but I think he is a long shot unless he really can defend well.
cthroatgtr

Postby Azndude2190 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:05 am

Kobe / Meeks / DJO
MWP / Ebanks / CDR
Pau / Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre

It's probably going to be this with the possibility that DJO is switched out for Glock.
A deep man, believes that the evil eye can wither, that the heart's blessing can heal, and that love can overcome all odds.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azndude2190

Postby kobe_mamba on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:13 am

The 15 Doc Brown put up and others have agreed on, looks tight. However the situation with Morris and Glock vs DJO and CDR and guaranteed contracts is very interesting and will ultimately decide the roster.

Having said that, is everyone sold on Earl Clark right now? Is he good enough to be seemingly getting a saloon passage into the final 14-15 on this stud Lakers roster? I'm just asking? Maybe he misses out and allows us to keep one of those other guards/swingmen? I mean D12, Pau, Hill, Jamison AND Sacre is a pretty good set of bigs. Will Clark will end up being the odd dude out? Or by comparison, Sacre, even though I like the guy and think he could be solid. Remember, MB likes a shorter bigs rotation....
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby revgen on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:51 am

Clark, like Morris and Duhon, has a guaranteed contract next season. If he's not on the team, it's because we waive him. Which means we pay his guaranteed salary if he's not picked up off waivers.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Previous

Return to Lakers Discussion