Your Projected Final Roster

Your Projected Final Roster

Postby lakerproduct on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:57 am

Hey guys, I know it's still early. We've only seen one preseason game. But I'm freaking excited and I've already seen which guys can be useful and which guys need to go. I know alot of concern was made regarding Ebanks backing up Kobe instead of Meeks. What I'm more concerned about is Duhon. I havent heard them say much about him but he needs to stay instead of D. Morris :bang: D.Morris still needs tons of development. I feel we can always find/draft a PG that needs as much development as him but we need to keep shooters and athletic length for THIS team. I also like Douglas-Roberts however, seeing Clark's athleticism on defense had me more excited. So here's my line-up...

Nash/Blake/Duhon/Johnson-Odom
Kobe/Meeks/Goudelock/
Metta/Jamison/Ebanks
Pau/Hill/Clark
Dwight/Sacre

Cutting Morris, Douglas-Roberts, Nelson, Somoygi, Aguilar
What are your thoughts?
BlackMamba Strikes!
lakerproduct

Re: Your Projected Final Roster

Postby ben_ready on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 am

Uh we are only rolling with 14! 12 Jerseys and a couple of suits yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 am

ben_ready wrote:Uh we are only rolling with 14! 12 Jerseys and a couple of suits yell™

LOL! Freak da doe, baby...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 am

the dude that airballed the FT...he should be cut
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:30 am

Why in the world would you pick Goudelock over Douglas-Roberts? Jesus no. That's a bad decision.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:31 am

Nash / Blake / Duhon
Kobe / Meeks / DJO
MWP / Ebanks / CDR
Pau / Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:34 am

Doc Brown wrote:Nash / Blake / Duhon
Kobe / Meeks / DJO
MWP / Ebanks / CDR
Pau / Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre

Bingo.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:34 am

Agree 100%. ^
Ariza3

Postby kobezaballa on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:34 am

My boy SOMOGYI needs to make the team over Robert Sacre! UCSB represent! 7'3 with a shot and can block train him and you will see that boy can ball and plus where do you find 7'3.
kobezaballa

Postby Tragic on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:38 am

Kobe / Meeks / DJO
MWP / Ebanks / CDR
Pau / Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre

agreed
Tragic

Postby revgen on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 am

Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris - Morris is guaranteed. Can't be cut. Neither can Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/CDR
MWP/Jamison/Ebanks
Pau/Hill/Clark - Clark is guaranteed this season. Can't be cut.
Dwight/Sacre

I like DJO more than Morris, Clark or Duhon, but with CDR looking good and us needing an extra big body to spell Pau/Dwight, DJO's chances of making the squad are unlikely. Mitch would have to waive Duhon, Clark, or Morris to make room for him. Which means the Lakers have to pay a waived player while keeping DJO on salary. The Lakers are already spending too much as it is. I don't see it happening.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 am

Kobe / Meeks / DJO
MWP / Ebanks / CDR
Pau / Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre

Would absolutely love this, but I'm not sure it happens. I think Morris has a guaranteed contract, I could be wrong though, I hope I'm wrong. I don't know if we go in with 15 either, we never do, but if we cut CDR just for the hell of it, for the sake of an open 15th spot, I'll be pissed. One thing is clear to me right now though, Morris and Glock SHOULD be gone ASAP.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:00 pm

See Emplay's salary page here at Hoopsworld.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary

There are 13 players with guaranteed contracts next season.

Non-guaranteed contracts are marked with an a capital N. The non-guaranteed contracts on the roster are Goudelock, Somogyi, Sacre, Nelson, DJO, and CDR. CDR isn't listed since he was just signed recently.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:20 pm

I guess we're stuck with developing Morris. Hope he has enough upside.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:21 pm

If we know what is good for us? We should CUT Aguilar, Somogyi, Nelson, Morris, Goudelock, Duhon and Blake. I know that Blake is scheduled to make 4 million per year over the next two seasons, and that Morris and Duhon have guaranteed contracts, but we need to make the sacrifice to gut the garbage before we waste a golden opportunity for a ring. If we absolutely will not get rid of Blake now (choosing to amnesty him next season) then we can cut DJO :disagree: then sign Barbosa and Kenyon Martin or T-Mac. Our roster should look like this at the start of the season:

Nash / Barbosa / DJO or Blake
Kobe / Meeks / CDR
MWP / Jamison or T-Mac / Ebanks
Pau / K-Mart or Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre

Our most likely roster, if everything holds true and management/Brown are too stubborn to see reality???

Nash / Blake / Duhon
Kobe / Meeks / Goudelock
MWP / Ebanks
Pau / Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre
Last edited by Snakell Beast on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:28 pm

i like sacre but not at the expense of playing hill at pf and jamison at sf pushing ebanks to backup sg over meeks.

sacre should be 3rd string center behind dwight and hill. jamison backup pf behind pau. ebanks backup sf behind mwp. and meeks backup sg behind kobe. everyone has to prove themselves but meeks was brought here for backing up kobe and can do it if hes given the minutes. everyone in the 2nd unit has a defined spot and shouldnt have to fight for it.

blake/meeks/ebanks/jamison/hill and ill be happy with whoever we keep as 3rd stringers.
Ariza3

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Weezy wrote:
Kobe / Meeks / DJO
MWP / Ebanks / CDR
Pau / Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre

Would absolutely love this, but I'm not sure it happens. I think Morris has a guaranteed contract, I could be wrong though, I hope I'm wrong. I don't know if we go in with 15 either, we never do, but if we cut CDR just for the hell of it, for the sake of an open 15th spot, I'll be pissed. One thing is clear to me right now though, Morris and Glock SHOULD be gone ASAP.

I was thinking about this the other day. We always kept 14 just in case we made a trade or needed to pick someone up to give us flexibility. I think this year might be different.....

1.) We have no trade assets or players that could be traded for anything substantial.
2.) We are at 100 million dollars in pay roll so the chances of adding someone are very slim.

I think the FO is content with what they have right now and if they end up needing someone (Barbosa/Martin/Pietrus), they can always kick off a non-guaranteed player (Sacre/DJO/CDR) to do it.

I don't know the penalty for releasing a guaranteed contract, but Morris only makes ~1 million. If it means cutting him to add a better player, I'm all for it.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:21 pm

kobezaballa wrote:My boy SOMOGYI needs to make the team over Robert Sacre! UCSB represent! 7'3 with a shot and can block train him and you will see that boy can ball and plus where do you find 7'3.

Your boy Somogyi was outclassed last night. He's not mobile and his only strength is how long he is. He's very slow and would make any team he's on instantly slug-like.

He collects boards because he takes up room, but give me Sacre's mobility and relatively superior athleticism over Somogyi.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Phil XI on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:37 pm

revgen wrote:Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris - Morris is guaranteed. Can't be cut. Neither can Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/CDR
MWP/Jamison/Ebanks
Dwight/Sacre

I like DJO more than Morris, Clark or Duhon, but with CDR looking good and us needing an extra big body to spell Pau/Dwight, DJO's chances of making the squad are unlikely. Mitch would have to waive Duhon, Clark, or Morris to make room for him. Which means the Lakers have to pay a waived player while keeping DJO on salary. The Lakers are already spending too much as it is. I don't see it happening.

Players on guarantees CAN be cut. Why would you ever think differently? Kobe could be cut tomorrow if they wated to. The guarantee ISN'T a guaranteed spot on the team, it's just a guaranteed salary. Morris or Clark would just get paid to play (or sit) elsewhere.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Finwë on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:08 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Kobe / Meeks / DJO
MWP / Ebanks / CDR
Pau / Jamison / Clark
D12 / Hill / Sacre

Bingo.

Yeah agreed but based on what we've been hearing from Brown, and what we saw in this 1st pre-season game, it might be something like this unfortunately:
Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Ebanks
MWP/Jamison/CDR
Pau/Hill/Clark
D12/Sacre/
I'd actually wouldn't be surprised if this was the rotation, given Mike Brown's tendency to play players out of position. We may see Blake at the 2 at times as well. HOPE NOT.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby baddmann28 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Duhon may be the worst player to ever play in the Purple and Gold.

I don't even want to see him in a suit behind the bench. Cut him now please.
baddmann28

Postby revgen on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Phil XI wrote:
revgen wrote:Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris - Morris is guaranteed. Can't be cut. Neither can Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/CDR
MWP/Jamison/Ebanks
Dwight/Sacre

Players on guarantees CAN be cut. Why would you ever think differently? Kobe could be cut tomorrow if they wated to. The guarantee ISN'T a guaranteed spot on the team, it's just a guaranteed salary. Morris or Clark would just get paid to play (or sit) elsewhere.

No they can't. Cut means no roster spot and no salary.

They can't be cut. They can be waived. Which means that if a team doesn't pick them off the waiver wire, the Lakers pay full price for their guaranteed salary without them even playing or being on the roster.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby The Rock on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Nash/Blake/Duhon
Kobe/Meeks/Glock
MWP/Ebanks/CDR
Gasol/Hill/Jamison
Dwight/Sacre

We got bigs and another post player (Kobe) who's gonna be trying to operate most of the time from 13 feet and below need as many shooters as possible to space the floor and allow these guys to go one on one where they do their work best on the inside

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Phil XI on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Cut and waive mean the same thing to everyone on this board, laker nation, real gm, everywhere. Get real. We're talking roster so don't act like you knew what we were talking about. Baggery right there noosh.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby jadej2 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:40 pm

Phil XI wrote:Cut and waive mean the same thing to everyone on this board, laker nation, real gm, everywhere. Get real. We're talking roster so don't act like you knew what we were talking about. Baggery right there noosh.

The point is that no one will be wavied because it just doesn't make since financially and will cripple us in the luxury tax.
jadej2

Next

Return to Lakers Discussion