YOUR THOUGHTS FOR TONIGHT'S STARTING UNIT

YOUR THOUGHTS FOR TONIGHT'S STARTING UNIT

Postby Lakers4Ever on Fri May 09, 2003 10:10 am

After watching the first two games, I have done some serious thinking and truly believe this should be the starting lineup for tonight:

PG- Jannero Pargo
SG- Derek Fisher
SF- Kobe Bryant
PF- Slava Medvendenko
C - Shaquille O'Neal

With this lineup, we had speed to match up w/ the young personel on the Spurs lineup, as well as shooting threats that'll break down the Spurs defense. Aside from that, Pargo has the ability to drive the lanes and dish out the ball back to Fisher for easy shots, as he did in Game 2. Plus putting in Pargo and Slava add a more offensively balanced game. Pargo and Slava are very active on their shooting. If this lineup doesn't work, we can always go back to Shaw and Horry, but they've been very ineffective the past 2 games. Also I'd say rotate Kareem Rush w/ Fisher/Bryant to add height along w/ speed in the lineup. Madsen and Horry can each rotate evenly w/ Slava to add more defensive pressure, and Walker should be Shaq's backup.

That's my thought on things... A balanced out offensive starting unit.
What about you guys? YOUR THOUGHTS...
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakerPride on Fri May 09, 2003 10:42 am

I like the idea.....niether Bowen or Jackson are post up type of gaurds....and Fish is as strong as an ox....we might be able to get away with that line up.

Basically Phil needs to take a risk now. There is no way he's gonna get out of this mess by doing the same ol' same ol' and staying conservative. Horry isn't playing D anyway and he hasn't hit a shot since last year so at least put in Slava to get some points back!
-LakerPride
LakerPride

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri May 09, 2003 11:48 am

I also like this lineup, I think it will be key to get Slava confident and confident early. I also hope with Pargo on the floor, he can drive and dish more to get Fishy going.

Like I mentioned before, the Triangle might be modified to get the role players some more shots on the perimeter *coughs* Fisher *coughs*
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Return to Lakers Discussion