Friday, Nov. 11
5:00pm
TV: KCAL, ESPN
Radio : XTRA 570/ESPN 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Lakers - 81
Sixers - 85

Lakers Come Up Short in Philly
Los Angeles came back from seven points down with less than four minutes to go on Friday, but couldn't pull ahead of the Sixers, ultimately losing 85-81. Kobe Bryant, the NBA's leading scorer, totaled just 17 points and struggled to find his shot; he missed a would-be game-winning trey in the final seconds. Chris Mihm played well for the Lakers, scoring 20 points and grabbing nine rebounds.

Post all your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby mulisha on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:21 pm

If we can bounce back and win this game, the season will start looking good.
mulisha

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:27 pm

People will be hung up on the Minnesota game, but to me, it's not about that game. Time to focus on the positives - especially with Brown. Time to focus on this upcoming game.

I know Phil will have this team play solid - they always do after a loss. We'll get back on track no doubt.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby jellyroll49 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:30 pm

im expecting 40 plus from kobe cuz hes gonna hear all the hate from the stations
"It's not even close," says one Western Conference scout. "The difference between Kobe and LeBron is like [the one between] a Maserati and a Volvo."

:pipe: = bud enhanced post
jellyroll49

Postby jminges on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:31 pm

If we lost to Minnesota, we don't stand a chance to Philadelphia. I'm sorry, I'm just sick right now, physically ill at how our bench preformed. If I were Phil, I'd play the starters for 48 minutes - no breaks, to teach those [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] a lesson for losing the game, the lead, and our edge.
jminges

Postby halekulani on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:35 pm

let's see how smush plays against philly. he met a real defense against minny that held him to 0 points.
halekulani

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:36 pm

jminges wrote:If we lost to Minnesota, we don't stand a chance to Philadelphia. I'm sorry, I'm just sick right now, physically ill at how our bench preformed. If I were Phil, I'd play the starters for 48 minutes - no breaks, to teach those [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] a lesson for losing the game, the lead, and our edge.

Yes. Because back-2-back games don't take a toll on a young team right? A young team with minimal veterans should win EVERY game, mistakes shouldn't be made for a team who's just learning to gel in their 5th game right?

Please use rationalization instead of emotion.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby nameant on Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:44 pm

this is a must win. mostly for our mental state. if we struggle in this game..kobe will force it again. if that happens..we'll hear the media...and the same old drama will arise. chris mihm for GOD's sake. you cant have 23 one game..and 2 the next. at least get 10 or something. we gotta win this game.. :man5:
nameant

Postby okay on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:07 pm

nameant wrote:this is a must win. mostly for our mental state. if we struggle in this game..kobe will force it again. if that happens..we'll hear the media...and the same old drama will arise. chris mihm for GOD's sake. you cant have 23 one game..and 2 the next. at least get 10 or something. we gotta win this game.. :man5:

He's hopeless, he will never perform on the road. Not even against the Hawks.

Lakers win this. Even though one day of rest is hardly enough.
okay

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:42 pm

Putting to much in to the Minny game. One thing I take out of that game is that we now know we can beat them.........even though we didn't tonight, we know we can. It seems as if the guys ran out of gas. It happens, especially this early in the season.

Philly is struggling...........this is a winnable game. If we stick to the same formula, keep the game close, we can beat them. Smush has to help this game though. He needs to score a little on AI. Odom should have a big game, Webber & Hunter are going to have there hands full with him. Kobe........well..........they have no answer for him. If we keep the turn overs & fouls down.........we should win this one quite easily.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby okay on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:48 pm

Lakerfantilidie wrote:Putting to much in to the Minny game. One thing I take out of that game is that we now know we can beat them.........even though we didn't tonight, we know we can. It seems as if the guys ran out of gas. It happens, especially this early in the season.

Philly is struggling...........this is a winnable game. If we stick to the same formula, keep the game close, we can beat them. Smush has to help this game though. He needs to score a little on AI. Odom should have a big game, Webber & Hunter are going to have there hands full with him. Kobe........well..........they have no answer for him. If we keep the turn overs & fouls down.........we should win this one quite easily.

Ummmmm they blew out Dallas tonight :man3:

Can only hope it was a fluke or that they get cocky and lose to us.
okay

Postby Lakerfan36 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:51 pm

Lakers destory the sixers 100-71
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby TalkieWalkie on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:56 pm

The Minnisota game was just lackadaisical play by alot of guys...outside shots weren't falling...and the zone threw guys off....young team against a good defensive team.... didn't really expect more than that.

Philly is a good team though. I'd be surprized if we win this game unless Kobe can shake this bad game off and get back on track with his hot shooting.
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby Altitude on Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:58 pm

sixers beat mavs bcuz they didnt have dirk....

Kobe...... please kill Iverson in this game. I freakin hate hearing my friend say AI is better than Kobe and MJ. I want Kobe to dominate in this game so I can say it in his face man.

My predictions:

Kobe - 35 / 5 / 5

Iverson - 33 / 3 / 6

Lakers win the game by 5.
Altitude

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:07 pm

My point exactly..............Philly isn't that good........I've seen all thier games except tonight..........they are not that good. My point is Dallas should have beat them. Dallas is not that good either..........the West is wide open. The Spurs are the only dominate team in the west. Maybe phx when they get Amare back.........but for now..............the West is wide open.........the sky is the limit. Not saying we are going to win it all, but we could realistically get a 5th seed. But for argument sake......if we took the 7th or 8th seed..........I think we could beat everyone in a series in the west except phx & sa..............that is if phx can make it without Amare.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby KB24 on Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:51 pm

Philly ain´t that good but they can be good for one game. Iggy can slow Kobe down and Iverson might be too quick for Smush. And Odom is not the guy to defend spot up shooters, I hope Korver doesn´t get a lot of threes.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:05 am

the one game where i dont care who wins bcuz its my 2 favorite teams....but i would say the lakers need this win jus a lil bit more than the sixers do...cuz knowing the sixers...they will beat the lakers and waste that loss and lose their next game...and i absolutely HATE when they do that cuz they've done that the last couple of seasons after beating the lakers! if the sixers are gonna beat the lakers...they better build on that win....

as for the lakers...i secretly hope they win this game cuz i want them to go 3-1 on this road trip....and ir eally think Kwame can get goin against Webber...thats if the lakers get him the damn ball!
FabFourLakers

Postby KB24 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:35 am

Philly is atrocious defensively. We better beat them. Once Dalembert is back their D will look better.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:28 am

Its going to be a tough game. Last year, Kobe kept us in it, in the 1st quarter. Then we collectively died after that.

Its important that we bounce back strong on friday, because Monday in Memphis is a game that i am not looking forward to.

I say, Kwame and Odom both have double-doubles and Lakers win by 6-7 points.
bumrusherer

Postby mandingo on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:57 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Please use rationalization instead of emotion.

Everyone needs to remember that...
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby mandingo on Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:58 am

bumrusherer wrote:Its going to be a tough game. Last year, Kobe kept us in it, in the 1st quarter. Then we collectively died after that.

Its important that we bounce back strong on friday, because Monday in Memphis is a game that i am not looking forward to.

I say, Kwame and Odom both have double-doubles and Lakers win by 6-7 points.

Well, I hope you made your Good Call with that prediction :man1:
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby KB24Gold on Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:37 am

They are a team that can be beat but should not be underestimated. Both sides will want to the run the floor so defense again will be the key to winning this game.
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
KB24Gold
The Rebirth

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:13 am

We will win this one. Players will want to prove that they can win and show good basketball. Plus we will have 1 full day of rest.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby D Nice on Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:19 am

I've seen every game both of these teams have played...and Philly sucks, TRUST ME.

Ugliest offensive system in the LEague (right up there w/ Toronto)

Atrocious defense...basically they have to get incredibly lucky to win (Korver goes off and/or Iggy plays great). Otherwise, they don't even stand a ghost of a chance.

I'll be at this game, should be a comfortable victory.

this is a MUST WIN. We can't go 1-3 or 2-2 on a road trip against all bad teams...
D Nice

Postby kwamejoke on Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:47 am

kwame vs webber !!!!

:man4:
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday