Fri. 2/20 vs. 76ers - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby whats golden on Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:38 pm

Image 116

Image 88

A great win and good basketball all round. Lets keep the momentum rolling Lakers!

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby SMUnderground on Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:39 pm

yea..great play..ended with 28 pt lead..daymn... :man1:

lakers is all fired up.. :mad1:
SMUnderground

Postby señorita on Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:41 pm

LD2K was right... The All Star was going to be a great turning point for us!!! :jam2:
Last edited by señorita on Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
señorita

Postby SMUnderground on Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:42 pm

yup
SMUnderground

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:45 pm

Lakermagic wrote:we're playing like a team now. lets hope we can prepare for next thurs against the Queeer$. how many mins has kobe played?

i can't wait till next thurs.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby señorita on Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:58 pm

we finally won wearin them throwback jerseys! the curse is over! :man1: :jam2:
señorita

Postby wongy on Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:19 pm

:man11: If we don't do the same to the Suns, it will mean tonights blowout was for nothing, since the 7ers and Suns are in the same league- SCRUBS... :man10:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:44 pm

Once again... the story was the Dynamic Duo.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:17 pm

Great game...i'm glad that we're actually seeing a blowout at this stage of time, and that we held the Sixers to under 90 points, meaning free chalupas for everyone...We actually played with fiery poise and showed semblances of what we did during our championship run today--EVERYONE even the newcomers contributed and we played good D throughout...I know that the Sixers were playing a back to back and AI had 40 points in his last game, but a combination of loss of hope, weariness, and the fact that he couldn't buy a shot with our good D--that all weared him down. He was virtually nonexistent in that game and that controlled the tempo to our side. We were more athletic and aggressive today even though we picked up a lot of fouls in the beginning--there were more fast breaks and I really felt a sense that the Lakers were seriously picking up....

Too bad the Sixers are directly opposite of what I said...They have two coaching changes since this offseason--The Larry Brown--Randy Ayers---now Chris Ford--legacy, and they have a disgruntled AI and only three of their core players from the years past--AI, Eric Snow and Aaron McKie. Glenn Robinson, Kenny Thomas and Samuel Dalembert are surely contributing but the record shows it all--It's basicaly the AI show every given night and they don't have anyone to help him. I'm glad that we got out of the slump and they couldn't. Keep in mind that they were also plagued by the injury bug, losing Derrick Coleman and Marc Jackson. It was basically a nice win on a poor team that we could pick on.

BTW, on a side note, I notice that Kareem Rush only seems to hit his created shots--he misses open ones. I guess that he needs to get a feel on the ball first before he builds his rhythm. Understandably some players are like that, but Rush is more of a smooth creator from around 20 feet--and hes building his crossover very well. But not having a spot up shot is not too good, and that must say a lot for Rush's FT%--57.5%.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby lakerzrule on Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:26 pm

I saw the game last night but forgot to post! Anyways, it was nice to see the Lakers get a blowout, even if it was at home against the Sixers coming off a back-to-back. There were some stupid turnovers and fouls early, but in the second half the team settled down and played great basketball. Some awesome highlights as well, like Kobe burning his defender(s), Shaq's monster slams, and Fox hitting two shots from half-court (too bad they didn't count). The Lakers still need to get better to get up to the level of the top West contenders, but they're getting there. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby Bulls Fan on Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:28 pm

Nice to see Kobe up to par again....
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday