Fri. 10/21 vs. Bobcats - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby BDG on Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:57 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Any update on Kwame's injury? Man i remember when is aw that happen iw as like "oh no...not again"
He's perfectly healthy, he just took a shot to his midsection when Brevin Knight drove in.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:58 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:nothing to get excited about really....i mean okafor, may, wallace and felton were all out...and we STILL struggled against this teeam...

winning by 16 = struggle
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby BDG on Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:06 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:nothing to get excited about really....i mean okafor, may, wallace and felton were all out...and we STILL struggled against this teeam...

winning by 16 = struggle
I'd have to agree with F4L here actually.

With our starting unit on the floor, we played terrible on defense. We were completely out of sync.

It wasn't until the scrub-unit came in that we started pulling away. 19-2 run in the 4th quarter from Profit, McKie, Green, Wafer, Cook, Mihm & co.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:51 am

I didn't see this game, but I'm getting worried after these comments! Then we struggled or we had good game?
Mckie sucked again, I'm glad that now is first pre-season games and till season is 2 weeks remaining. I hope we will improve our D and wins will come!
Last edited by The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby SOAD on Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:20 am

The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:I didn't see this game, but I'm getting worried after these comments! Then we stuggled or we had good game?
Mckie sucked again, I'm glad that now is first pre-season games and till season is 2 weeks remaining. I hope we will improve our D and wins will come!

McKie has a minor injury doesn't he? That's why Phil gave him limited minutes.
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Ryder Havasu on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:01 am

Nice to get a W regardless of the opponent missing Okafor, Felton, and May. The bad teams are on the schedule too so you have to play them just like everybody else. Spectacular game by Kobe (27 pts in 25 min!), solid contributions by our starting bigs Mihm and Kwame. Nice to see both of them contributing really nice to see them scoring in the paint! I hope we can get this kind of production by both of them on a consistent basis.
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
Ryder Havasu

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:08 am

Was I hallucinating or is Cookie actually a little more mobile with some moves this year, bending at the waist even and actually "jumping" sort of??
LTLakerFan

Postby Ryder Havasu on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:13 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Was I hallucinating or is Cookie actually a little more mobile with some moves this year, bending at the waist even and actually "jumping" sort of??
I was thinking the same thing did I pass my pipe to you :mhihi: ? Cookie is actually moving around not just camping at the arc. He actually has some what of a post game too! Hopefully this cookie doesn't crumble when the games start to count :man1:
Black and Gold / Purple and Gold
check out www.myspace.com/theflipnotes
Ryder Havasu

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:21 am

I agree with a prior post that we still struggled with a team without Okafur, May, Felton, and Wallace.

But experience is experience, and with this game....our guys had another game to get acclimated with each other, the triangle, and the defensive allignment.
Last edited by Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Apexed on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:14 am

lol...no matter if its a win or loss....we'll never be happy
Apexed

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:25 am

Apexed wrote:lol...no matter if its a win or loss....we'll never be happy

We are happy. We're happy that we beat a team without their best players in the game. :man10: :man10:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Apexed on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:26 am

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:

We are happy. We're happy that we beat a team without their best players in the game. :man10: :man10:

will they play on sunday....those 4 people
Apexed

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:31 am

Apexed wrote:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:

will they play on sunday....those 4 people

Not sure. I hope they did. But regardless if they play or not...like I said in my prior post.....we still get another game experienced for the team to run the triangle, get our defense in line, and to get used to one another. Which is a positive thing.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:39 am

ya im not tryin to get ppls spirits down...im jus sayin dont get too excited or too worried over a win or loss....jus think of preseason as a LIVE practice...its good that they call it preseason cuz in reality its jus practice...thats why i dont worry too much....yea it was painful watchiin the nuggets dunk on us every play almost...its greeat tow atch them win too against the warriors and bobcats...but i dont get too excited over preseason...we'll see how we fare in the regular season...i think we'll be ready for our season opener tho...

If anything...preseason gives us A LOT to look forward to....I'm really curious on how Smush Parker and Kwame Brown turn out...they've shown early signs in the preseason...but these 2 are vital to our success this year...the PG and PF spots were the 2 spots we got KILLED at last year...so these 2 hafta step up!
FabFourLakers

Postby Apexed on Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:42 am

i wish could've stayed home and watched the game...but instead i wasted my time watching Doom the movie..
Apexed

Postby mandingo on Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:27 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

winning by 16 = struggle
I'd have to agree with F4L here actually.

With our starting unit on the floor, we played terrible on defense. We were completely out of sync.

It wasn't until the scrub-unit came in that we started pulling away. 19-2 run in the 4th quarter from Profit, McKie, Green, Wafer, Cook, Mihm & co.
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby kwamejoke on Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:46 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:Any update on Kwame's injury? Man i remember when is aw that happen iw as like "oh no...not again"
He's perfectly healthy, he just took a shot to his midsection when Brevin Knight drove in.

was he injured in 1st preseason game ?
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby mandingo on Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:48 am

kwamejoke wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:

was he injured in 1st preseason game ?

He took a Brian Cook elbow to the face. Had to have stitches.
I bleed purple and sweat gold, don't ever question that.
Play Good Call
mandingo

Postby leftymo on Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:38 am

This was the first laker game I've seen this year, and I only caught the second half.

From what I saw, I think Lamar & Kwame showed some good chemistry. But this team is strictly offense, they have no clue how to even play defense.

The team has 8000 6'7" swingmen, and unfortunately I think FOUR of them don't deserve to be on the team!

Wafer
Green
Sasha
Profit

But among these guys, the one I was MOST impressed with was???

Laron Profit, no question. He showed he could handle the ball, distribute the ball and shoot the rock. For a second there I thought he was Kobe! But he's #9, not 8... but he's a smooth player that probably just had the luxury of having a good game.

I think Laron has the potential of being that backcourt mate to Kobe down the road (definitely not this year).

As for the team, its going to be as expected, a long year. I think I'll start a thread of what realistically to expect from this team and what to look for. I've noticed in the box-scores that Kwame's rebounding numbers are rather low. I think that'll be an important factor into kwame's game. Not just uncontested dunks.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:14 pm

I'm going through withdraws, I missed the game last night. :bang:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Runway on Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:55 pm

thats so right
Runway

Postby LaLaKeRz4LiFe on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:04 pm

Whens the next game?
LaLaKeRz4LiFe

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:31 pm

LaLaKeRz4lIfE wrote:Whens the next game?

Now. :mhihi:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday