Fri. 12/09 @ Bulls - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby LA LAKERS OF EL SEGUNDO on Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:36 pm

A well contested game throughout. It's officially a good road trip, I'll take a split anyday. We win 1 of the next 3- exceds my expectations without a doubt.

My game hat is tipped to Odom and Cook, both 8/11 tonight.

Heck, everyone played a nice game tonight. :jam2:
Come on EL'LAY, get that jello jigglin'
LA LAKERS OF EL SEGUNDO

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:46 pm

ahh...2 more wins and i get my 20 bucks...but what a great game...i think the reserves won this game for us...in fact...LUKE WALTON won this game for us...

did anyone realize who we had in the game at the beginning of the 4th? we had sasha, profit, walton, george and cook...i mean i was SO worried when we started the quarter...but these guys jus played within the system...and played well together...walton took over the game WITHOUT scoring...his passing, his defense and his rebounding...just amazing how somoene can take over the game with their passing...we didnt put our starters in until the FOUR MINUTE MARK OF THE 4th QUARTER!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Lakers are playing the RIGHT way on this road trip...they're gettin their starters enuff rest to hav enuff in the tank for the next night...tommorow is a HUGE game...what a game by Kobe and Lamar...i love how this team is playing...and when Kwame comes back...i'd like to see him come off the bench...i think that might be the best move to make right now...
FabFourLakers

Postby hdtvset on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:17 pm

What was last year's record after 19 games?
hdtvset

Postby KB24 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:30 pm

excellent win yet again.The defense was a BIG cincern yet again.
Chicago paniced and took bad shots but our defense needs to step up or Dallas will score 120 on us. The offense looked great in the first, suspect the rest of the game. suspect doesn´t mean it was terrible because if it was we would have been losing but it didn´t flow anymore. It was more one on one than looking to find the open man. It seems like we are figuring out how to play bad and still win. I´m VERY pleased with Lamar (like I´ve always been since day 1) but the new thing is that he and Kobe have developed some chemistry.

You see them playing 2 man ball on offense and I love to see them playing with eachother. Kobe helped the teammates and took over in the crunch hitting tough shots down the stretch. I think he could have been a little more aggressive in the first half because he passed on some good opportunities. I have to say he played terrible defense and was beaten down the stretch by Hinrich off the dribble. Nontheless in the clutch he decided the game and now everything is unimportant.

The most important things are Lamar and Kobe played together and we won. I might add the bench dd a great job at the begining of the 4th but Bynum, Sasha, Walton and Gumo totaled 2-20 shooting and thats ridiculous, terrible and unaccaptable. They missed open looks or rushed shots (Bynum), or like Gump hold on the ball to take a stupid shot without any second on the shot clock.

All in all I´m very happy how we have been putting the win streak together. Now with Kwame coming back we will get more D underneath which is still a huge concern.
Last edited by KB24 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:30 pm

hdtvset wrote:What was last year's record after 19 games?

19-0
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby hdtvset on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:32 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
hdtvset wrote:What was last year's record after 19 games?

19-0

Thanks. Image
hdtvset

Postby lakaboy42 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:40 pm

good win, i like to see kobe penetrate the lane and hit the open man, okay game in the second and third, great game in the first and fourth, wow, that lineup in the fourth, it worked against toronto too, pj's a genius
Out
Shaquille O'neal

In
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
lakaboy42

Postby KB24 on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:50 pm

GS is about to lose to Detroit :jam2: :bow: and they would have 8 losses

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Chivalry on Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:52 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:What a great game. Great job of creating a gameplan and sticking to it.

Kobe is playing his best basketball right now ... he almost had a triple-double too. He got everyone involved in the first half. Everyone stepped up by hitting their open looks and being confident. That allowed Kobe to be the Dagger and close out with some big shots.

All 5 starters were in double figures! :jam2:

Great win for us! It ensures us going .500 at the least on this road trip -- but we want more.

Minnesota tomorrow night is going to be tough. We've proven we can beat this team -- the key is pacing ourselves and not running out of gas in the 2nd half as we did in the first two meetings.

Kobe led the team in points, rebounds, and assists. Nice game all around.
Chivalry

Postby Nintendo#1 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:33 am

could anyone give me the full statistics. thanks
lakers! :bow: :bow: :jam2: :jam2:
Nintendo#1

Postby magicmoment on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:16 am

awesome game!! :jam2: the Lakers worked hard and came up with a well-deserved win! i love how they are taking that extra pass and how they are playing as a TEAM... even Kobe... i'm sooo proud of our team right now! :jam2: hopefully we can keep this streak up! :man1:

everyone played pretty good cept for Mihm (he fouled too much, as usual) and, Sasha (didnt get his shot to go..) but great game overall.
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby Showtime is Magic on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:25 am

magicmoment wrote:awesome game!! :jam2: the Lakers worked hard and came up with a well-deserved win! i love how they are taking that extra pass and how they are playing as a TEAM... even Kobe... i'm sooo proud of our team right now! :jam2: hopefully we can keep this streak up! :man1:

everyone played pretty good cept for Mihm (he fouled too much, as usual) and, Sasha (didnt get his shot to go..) but great game overall.

it all comes down to passing. The EXTRA PASS is very important and offensive execution
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby LO7cK35 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:27 am

This game was one of the best yet... :bow: KObe is the man..Kobe diid what he had to, got the whole team involved and then took over in the 2nd half. He's showing exactly why he a superstar..Lamar playing his best ball since he was in miami and he doing it with kobe bryant by his side...everyone even brian cook was great, sasha wasnt bad eitherrr..im loving this win...lets keep it going 5 in a row :jam2:
LO7cK35

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:36 am

Nintendo#1 wrote:could anyone give me the full statistics. thanks
lakers! :bow: :bow: :jam2: :jam2:

http://www.nba.com/games/20051209/LALCHI/boxscore.html
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Lakers2001wow!! on Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:33 am

bumrusherer wrote:
Lakers2001wow!! wrote:The Laker starting 5 will be nice & fresh for Fridays game,We should win by 20 points and win our 4rth straight game. :jam2:

20 points? to the bulls?

some people seem to think that this will be an easy game. We will have to play very good team ball to beat Chicago.

I was off by 7 points :man12:
Lakers2001wow!!

Postby bumrusherer on Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:11 am

Lakers2001wow!! wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:
Lakers2001wow!! wrote:The Laker starting 5 will be nice & fresh for Fridays game,We should win by 20 points and win our 4rth straight game. :jam2:

20 points? to the bulls?

some people seem to think that this will be an easy game. We will have to play very good team ball to beat Chicago.

haha, yes you were.

infact, it should have been a 20 point win.
bumrusherer

Postby slimjim on Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:16 pm

bumrusherer wrote:
Lakers2001wow!! wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:

20 points? to the bulls?

haha, yes you were.

infact, it should have been a 20 point win.

WOOOOWEEEEEE :jam2:
slimjim

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight