Fri. 10/22 vs. Clippers - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby GuRu on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:22 pm

What up GWHiZ......

this gameday thread should be fun seeing as i actually get to watch a game instead of listen to it....

may the best team win a meaningless game!!!
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:24 pm

GuRu wrote:What up GWHiZ......

this gameday thread should be fun seeing as i actually get to watch a game instead of listen to it....

may the best team win a meaningless game!!!

hey man, i'm just as excited as you. you get to see your team play for the first time this season and so do I. FSN/KTLA doesn't broadcast pre-season games. i had to listen to clipper games just as you had to listen to laker games.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby dynasty4kobe on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:33 pm

dynasty4kobe wrote:I wouldn't mind having Lamar and Kobe sit out (or atleast play limited minutes).

I'd got with a starting line-up of:

Chucky Atkins
Caron Butler
Jumaine Jones
Brian Grant
Chris Mihm

Ooooh I was close. They are starting Kobe over Caron. Should see some fun time with the young guns today.
dynasty4kobe

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:35 pm

Clippers Starting Line Up:

Shaun Livingston
Marko Jaric
Mikki Moore (I guess this means EB & Wilcox is out) :disagree:
Corey Maggette
Chris Kaman
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby JSM on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:36 pm

Chucky Atkins and Sasha Vujacic vs Shaun Livingston and Marko Jaric: Atkins has yet to have a good game this pre-season, he hasn't struggled as much as Odom has, but his game just hasn't been there. He has been able to not turn the ball over much, and been able to pass the ball decently; but his shot has not been there and he he has not been able to score, other than attacking the basket for a couple layups and getting to the line every now and again. Livingston is a much bigger guard than Atkins, but thankfully he is a rookie, and makes rookie mistakes; like turnovers, poor shooting percentage, bad decisions with the ball, and fouling. It might be hard for Chucky to see over Shaun's fro to get the ball to Kobe, Mihm, Odom, or Butler...but I guess we will just have to wait and see. Rudy seems to be playing Sasha the most at the backup point guard spot, which probably isn't the best decision, after what he did, or should I say didn't do last night. Brown and Bobbitt also see select minutes at the PG spot, and are fighting for a spot. Bobbitt is more of a two guard that likes to shoot, and Brown is a fast PG that can attack the basket, create for others, and pass to who needs the ball. I think Rudy is playing Sasha more, to try to figure out what to do with him, I think Rudy and the fans know that Brown is better groomed for the backup role, at least for this season. So, tonight we will likely see the battle of the backup 6-7 PGs for a decent portion of the night. Sasha needs to prepare himself to get burned, Jaric is a much more experienced, better player.

Kobe Bryant vs Corey Maggette: Two friends going head to head. Kobe's first game against a team that was for sure that they had him, just imagine if we were going against Kobe tonight. Both of these two guards are big, strong players. Both are athletic freaks, both can score faster than you can blink, and both truly enjoy playing the game. This should turn out to be a pretty good matchup, I would venture to say the matchup of the game. I am not expecting a big scoring night from Kobe or a whole lot of minutes from him either. He is coming off of playing 44 minutes and scoring 35 points, in a losing overtime effort against the Warriors last night. Kobe will be more passive tonight, trying to get others involved, hopefully Odom will be one of those players resulting in Kobe being more passive tonight. Also, I would expect for him to watch his fouls more closely, unless there is another poor officiating game and to not turn the ball over as much as he did when it was him and Sasha in the backcourt, last night. Since Kobe will sit some more, I expect that Rudy would play Grant, Odom, and Caron some at the same time, moving Caron down to the two. And he will probably play JJ and Bobbitt some at the two, also.

Caron Butler vs Bobby Simmons: Simmons is coming off a solid year with the Clippers, last year he practically doubled the stats that he was averaging the year prior to that with the Wizards. Caron didn't have a big game against the Warriors and struggled to find his shot, something Simmons is quite used to. Bobby's shot is like cheap Windex at best...streaky. Caron will probably see more minutes tonight. He is one of our best athletes, very strong, solid defender, athletic, and can score with ease. I don't really think we have to worry about him not being able to stop Simmons, but the battle of the boards between the two will be a better matchup than their scoring matchup. Both like to hunt down the ball and get the rebounds. Caron needs to have a big game tonight, both are physical players that like to give it 110% out there, thankfully Caron giving it his all is better than Bobby giving it his all, because Bobby is also somewhat turnover prone. JJ will see minutes tonight, not as many as last night, but enough to give Caron a breather. All I want from JJ is for him to keep bringing solid efforts on the glass.

Lamar Odom vs Chris Wilcox: Odom gets to play his first game against his former team, as a Laker. Playing in the same building, living in the same place, but playing for the other, better team. Lamar is still struggling, in fact there hasn't been a game this pre-season, where he hasn't struggled. He hasn't been able to get comfortable with the offense and can't find his shot. Also, he has had a couple of games, where he has been in foul trouble. At some point or another, he is going to have to start showing up, I think we would all prefer if this happened during the pre-season, because the sooner the better. Rudy said he originally wasn't going to play Odom tonight, since this was the second game of our two in a row; but since he's still struggling, Rudy's changed his mind. Wilcox is a solid backup, but just that, a backup. I think the Lakers and Odom are thankful that Brand isn't back for this one. Chris has some power to his game, likes to block shots, is athletic, and has a rather large frame to him. Lamar isn't much bigger than him, maybe an inch and five pounds, but he is longer. We need to look for Odom more, but not in the final seconds of a game, he has to get his shots falling, if he can draw Chris out, then maybe he can get to the basket for some easy buckets, like he wants to. Clippers will probably play one or two of their centers here for some minutes and Cook will play backup for the Lakers. Brian has had two very good games. His 3 is falling and he has been getting rebounds, he needs to keep this level of play up and he can be something special for us this season.

Chris Mihm vs Chris Kaman: Mihm has been very consistent this pre-season and has had some very impressive outings. He has been a solid scorer, rebounder, and hustle player. Tonight he faces another athletic Chris. Mihm has the advantage in this matchup, he is the better rebounder, better shooter, better passer, and makes smarter decisions with the ball. The only problem I see Mihm having is with position battles for the loose ball, because Kaman is the bigger, bulkier, thicker player. It will be no easy night for Chris, especially after playing 40 minutes in last night's overtime game, but he will be able to put up solid numbers again. Grant will see some backup minutes behind Mihm tonight, probably no more than a quarters worth. The Clippers are running three active backups at the center position, Moore, N'diaye, and Rebraca. Moore gets most of the backup minutes, but I think Mike is trying to figure out who he is going to use and who he may cut. Grant is going to have his hands full with all these different big men seeing playing time against him, but none of the are of much talent of value, especially since 2/3 of them were former Hawks. Grant is the bigger body, can bang around in the paint, and do what he has to do. I wouldn't expect anything more than a few points, a few boards, and a few nice hustle plays from him tonight.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby dynasty4kobe on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:36 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Clippers Starting Line Up:

Shaun Livingston
Marko Jaric
Mikki Moore (I guess this means EB & Wilcox is out) :disagree:
Corey Maggette
Chris Kaman

I heard Wilcox is playing, not sure though. He's a good player, can jump out of the building.

Kobe should have made that.
dynasty4kobe

Postby GuRu on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:37 pm

turn off this heat-hawks atrocity and get to the laker game......its a damn blowout...
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:38 pm

ehh, i'm going to get into this game. :man1:

so probably not that many posts from me in the gameday thread until the game is over.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:38 pm

GuRu wrote:turn off this heat-hawks atrocity and get to the laker game......its a damn blowout...

good thing FSN is showing it.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby scottiep1013 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:38 pm

MIHMMM!!
scottiep1013

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:39 pm

WILCOX IS IN!! :jam2: :jam2:
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby outfear on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:39 pm

Freaking TNT still showing the garbage time of stupid Mia

damn it shut it!!
outfear

Postby BDG on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:40 pm

I'm lost-- where's Odom and Butler?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby scottiep1013 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:40 pm

How come Odom isnt starting?
scottiep1013

Postby JSM on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:40 pm

outfear wrote:Freaking TNT still showing the garbage time of stupid Mia

damn it shut it!!

Come on...no one cares about the Hawks or Heat, especially in a pre-season blowout.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:41 pm

HAHAHA! JJ HAS NO HOPS! :man10: :man10:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:41 pm

JJ AINT THAT HARD!!!!!!!! :man10: :man10:
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby scottiep1013 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:41 pm

Can anyone else dunk besides Kobe and Odom?
scottiep1013

Postby BDG on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:41 pm

10-0 Lakers! :jam2: :jam2:

Timeout Clippers

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby dynasty4kobe on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:41 pm

Mihm's hand must be hurting after that block.

10-0 . . . :jam2:

C'mon Clips get it together.
dynasty4kobe

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:41 pm

0-10 I THINK WE'RE CATCHING UP!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2:
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby outfear on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:42 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
outfear wrote:Freaking TNT still showing the garbage time of stupid Mia

damn it shut it!!

Come on...no one cares about the Hawks or Heat, especially in a pre-season blowout.

Those 2 teams even keep fouling each other, what's the fXXXking point
outfear

Postby BDG on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:44 pm

So no one knows what's up with Odom and Butler? :man3:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby I Support #8 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:44 pm

GuRu wrote:turn off this heat-hawks atrocity and get to the laker game......its a damn blowout...

Thank you!!! :mad1:
I Support #8

Postby scottiep1013 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:46 pm

No idea whats up with Odom and Butler.
scottiep1013

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday