Fri. 11/18 vs. Clippers - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby reflekt on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:26 am

kobesthegreatest8 wrote:It is one game stop overracting.We fought back hard, so what kobe missed some threes. Its going to happen, at least we never gave up. We will make the playoffs with how bad the west is!

i think this was the dumbest post i've ever read.

we fought back? oh, you mean in a one minute span?

kobe JUST missed "some threes"? he had HORRIBLE shot selection when we had a great chance to cut the lead from 5 to 3 or 2.

we will make the playoffs "with how bad the west is"? what are you smokin man? i need some of that cush
reflekt

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:27 am

WHAT HAPPEN TO DEV GEORGE TONIGHT I DIDNT SEE HIM??
Last edited by PurpleNGold1 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleNGold1

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:27 am

well u know what...this is exactly where the lakers should be right now anyway...nobody expects them to win...i already predicted they'lll go 7-6 for the month of november...and im gonna bank on the lakers beating the bulls, sonics and nets in our last 3 home games...and then losing to the spurs....i guess 7-6 will keep us at least ranked in the west which is surprisingly poor this year....but man we better start winning on the road if we're gonna lose all these HOME GAMES!!!! we've had 4 home games and managed to go 2-2 only...we seriously neeed to get at least 30 wins at home to hav a chance at the playoffs cuz our road record is gonna be bad this year
FabFourLakers

Postby UKUGA on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:27 am

mulisha wrote:Lamar wasn't shut out. He kept giving up the ball. Is it that hard to understand? Why not instead of passing it, drive to the hoop like he should be doing. Too many people here rely on pure numbers and don't understand much of the game.

It goes both ways.

The Lakers look a lot like the Bulls did in 1995, after Jordan's return.

A lot of guys standing around.

Trust must be built.

You can blame everyone else, and that's fair. But, for some reason, the others seem to have ZERO expectation of receiving the ball down the stretch.

Why is that? And, what does it get you? (It gets you Luke Walton fumbling the ball out of bounds when he finally gets a chance), or it gets you Kobe missing a potential game-winner.

It's the same broken record now for this team for the last 90 games.

It's not just Kobe. But, a sense of trust has to be developed, but for some reason, no one looks for the ball down the stretch.
UKUGA

Postby okay on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:28 am

Sign Spree for bread and water, I can't take this anymore. WE NEED A SCORER.
okay

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:28 am

reflekt wrote:
kobesthegreatest8 wrote:It is one game stop overracting.We fought back hard, so what kobe missed some threes. Its going to happen, at least we never gave up. We will make the playoffs with how bad the west is!

i think this was the dumbest post i've ever read.

we fought back? oh, you mean in a one minute span?

kobe JUST missed "some threes"? he had HORRIBLE shot selection when we had a great chance to cut the lead from 5 to 3 or 2.

we will make the playoffs "with how bad the west is"? what are you smokin man? i need some of that cush
THAT MUST BE THE SHWAG TALKING CUZ KUSH WONT DO THAT 2 U
PurpleNGold1

Postby mulisha on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:31 am

UKUGA wrote:
mulisha wrote:Lamar wasn't shut out. He kept giving up the ball. Is it that hard to understand? Why not instead of passing it, drive to the hoop like he should be doing. Too many people here rely on pure numbers and don't understand much of the game.

It goes both ways.

The Lakers look a lot like the Bulls did in 1995, after Jordan's return.

A lot of guys standing around.

Trust must be built.

You can blame everyone else, and that's fair. But, for some reason, the others seem to have ZERO expectation of receiving the ball down the stretch.

Why is that? And, what does it get you? (It gets you Luke Walton fumbling the ball out of bounds when he finally gets a chance), or it gets you Kobe missing a potential game-winner.

It's the same broken record now for this team for the last 90 games.

It's not just Kobe. But, a sense of trust has to be developed, but for some reason, no one looks for the ball down the stretch.

For Kobe, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. He takes over at the end of games, people get upset when we lose. He passes to others who miss at the end of games, people get upset. What I'm saying it's not JUST Kobe. Yes, he had a bad game and shot poorly but much of those shots were the result of the other players on the floor not executing. I'm not even worrying now but if this was a midseason game, I would be worried.
mulisha

Postby FJ Cruiser #8 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:31 am

Real Deal is the only one that makes any sense. The rest of you don't know anything about basketball. the TEAM is not running the triangle correctly,it is gonna take time for them to learn it. Plus they are playing horrible team defense right now. If Kobe doesnt take the shots who will? Lamar? come on he is so passive ,even when he got hot and made some shots the lakers gave it right back on the defensive end. So kobe had to take 3's to try to keep the lakers close.The team will get better as the season goes along, and after they start running the offense better ,Kobe will shoot the ball better and you can all jump back on the bandwagon :bang:
FJ Cruiser #8

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:31 am

i forgot about kobes two stupid 3's when he WASNT HOT :mad1: :mad1: The stupid clipper fans feel like theyve won the championship.
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby KB24 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:31 am

FabFourLakers wrote:well u know what...this is exactly where the lakers should be right now anyway...nobody expects them to win...i already predicted they'lll go 7-6 for the month of november...and im gonna bank on the lakers beating the bulls, sonics and nets in our last 3 home games...and then losing to the spurs....i guess 7-6 will keep us at least ranked in the west which is surprisingly poor this year....but man we better start winning on the road if we're gonna lose all these HOME GAMES!!!! we've had 4 home games and managed to go 2-2 only...we seriously neeed to get at least 30 wins at home to hav a chance at the playoffs cuz our road record is gonna be bad this year

Thats what I´m saying. As a playoff team you have to win home games against mediocre teams like the Clippers.
Man right now to be honest we just don´t look like a playoff team. No IQ, no depth, no game, no toughness, no bench, no execution, no hustles....
We suck right now to say it with diplomacy.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby mulisha on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:34 am

FJ Cruiser #8 wrote:Real Deal is the only one that makes any sense. The rest of you don't know anything about basketball. the TEAM is not running the triangle correctly,it is gonna take time for them to learn it. Plus they are playing horrible team defense right now. If Kobe doesnt take the shots who will? Lamar? come on he is so passive ,even when he got hot and made some shots the lakers gave it right back on the defensive end. So kobe had to take 3's to try to keep the lakers close.The team will get better as the season goes along, and after they start running the offense better ,Kobe will shoot the ball better and you can all jump back on the bandwagon :bang:

Yea, I believe I'm saying the same thing :man3:
mulisha

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:35 am

POOH RICHARDSON JUST SAYD THE CLIPPERS ARE A TOP 2 TEAM IN THE WEST :man10:
PurpleNGold1

Postby scheven on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:37 am

i'm just gonna sleep and forget about this....
scheven

Postby DamonBoost on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:38 am

I think Odom should have to run in practice if he doesnt shot the ball at least 15 times a game.. SERIOUSLY.
DamonBoost

Postby reflekt on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:39 am

KB8@CL wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:well u know what...this is exactly where the lakers should be right now anyway...nobody expects them to win...i already predicted they'lll go 7-6 for the month of november...and im gonna bank on the lakers beating the bulls, sonics and nets in our last 3 home games...and then losing to the spurs....i guess 7-6 will keep us at least ranked in the west which is surprisingly poor this year....but man we better start winning on the road if we're gonna lose all these HOME GAMES!!!! we've had 4 home games and managed to go 2-2 only...we seriously neeed to get at least 30 wins at home to hav a chance at the playoffs cuz our road record is gonna be bad this year

Thats what I´m saying. As a playoff team you have to win home games against mediocre teams like the Clippers.
Man right now to be honest we just don´t look like a playoff team. No IQ, no depth, no game, no toughness, no bench, no execution, no hustles....
We suck right now to say it with diplomacy.

i agree except i don't know how you can call the clippers a "mediocre team". last time i checked, they're the top team in the west. and it's not a fluke either. they are playing very good basketball. they have outside threats in mobley and cassell. they have yet another outside threat in maggette but who's main expertise is slashing to the basket which he does VERY well. and the clippers also have the most consistent player in the NBA, who gets his 20-10 every single game. not to mention, his huge defensive presence. and finally, a fairly solid center in chris kaman who has exceptional hands and a decent post up game. to top it all off, the clippers have a very good backup PG in ewing, chris wilcox who is very underrated. all of this, and the clippers are without future top point guard shaun livingston.

i'd say the clippers are a VERY good team.
reflekt

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:40 am

"sits back and pack his bong man oh man i need a hit right about now
"
PurpleNGold1

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:43 am

PurpleNGold1 wrote:POOH RICHARDSON JUST SAYD THE CLIPPERS ARE A TOP 2 TEAM IN THE WEST :man10:

does anyone in the world actually take a guy with the name poo seriously.
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

Lakerfan36

Postby Showtime is Magic on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:45 am

PurpleNGold1 wrote:POOH RICHARDSON JUST SAYD THE CLIPPERS ARE A TOP 2 TEAM IN THE WEST :man10:

He also said the Clippers have to bring 1 title to LA to be the TOP team in LA. OMG if he thinks 1 even 10 titles is going to make the Clippers #1 in LA, he is wrong. His words describe perfectly his name

#2 in the WEST :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Fri. 11/18 vs. Clippers - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lord Johnny on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:46 am

scheven wrote:i'm just gonna sleep and forget about this....
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico

Postby Lakers4Eva on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:47 am

Showtime is Magic wrote:#2 in the WEST :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

No, the funny thing is that Clipper fans are :man10: @ the Lakers for being in the bottom of the pack in the west
"No need to act a fool in public
'Cause when you, ego trip you just lose your luggage"

Phonte (of Little Brother)
Lakers4Eva

Postby okay on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:48 am

Lakers games are doing more damage to me than good.
okay

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:48 am

Showtime is Magic wrote:. His words describe perfectly his name

#2 in the WEST :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Lakerfan36

Postby SOAD on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:52 am

Lakers4Eva wrote:
Showtime is Magic wrote:#2 in the WEST :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

No, the funny thing is that Clipper fans are :man10: @ the Lakers for being in the bottom of the pack in the west

Why is that a funny thing? Your boy Paul isn't a Clipper is he? :man12:
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Undertakernv on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:56 am

I need to party tonight to forget this game. Man, my night was going well until now.
Undertakernv

Postby CDRacingZX6R on Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:58 am

Real Deal wrote:There are some of you who need to learn the triangle before you point the entire blame on Kobe. Since our first game, our spacing has killed us. If you want proof...it's not our turnovers, we weren't blown out on fast break or points in the paint, second chance points were nearly the same, we weren't drastically outrebounded (without looking, I don't think we were, anyways), and it wasn't the passing.

What you're looking at is the ball going to Kobe...and everyone else STANDING, 5-10 feet apart, in what looks to be more of an unknown geometric shape, rather than a triangle. Wake up, fellas...the triangle depends on movement and versatility, cutting and decision-making, passing and resetting...and you can't do a damn thing if you are 5-10 feet apart, with no movement whatsoever.

Take a look at our games in 2000, for example. The ball was moving just as much as our players were. It's not happening, and the end result is: forced shots. Simple as that. I've played enough basketball to know.

The TEAM lost this game...same with all the games we've lost...and it's the same story everytime.

Spacing or not, when your getting doubled and often tripled out there on the court you need to figure out a way to find the other two open men. I cant even count how many times I saw Lamar and Smush open near the basket and Kobe took a stupid of centered jumper.

Poor decisions are poor decisions, no ones perfect but 70 plus shots in two games is horrible, especally when your shooting like Kobe has been lately.
CDRacingZX6R

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday