Fri. 11/7 vs. Hornets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby wongy on Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:34 pm

:disagree: I'll be the first to aplogize... but I don't hold out much hope for these guys...especially Rush,Pargo and Medvedenko... got to wait and see how Cook performs. Walton looks like he might have some hope...
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby 4Rings on Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:44 am

I figured they would lose this game after the 2OT at San Antone. No biggie. The lack of defensive intensity does concern me. I mean I am all for Baron Davis going off but the Lakers made David Wesley and George Lynch look like they were All-Stars. The offense will always be there for the Lakers but it's the defense that will bring them to the championship. Don't get too upset everybody, we only have 76 games left to get it right. :)
If we are all thinking alike, then nobody is thinking!
4Rings

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:40 am

this is what happens whenever i miss a laker game...THEY LOSE! And plus i said that they would lose this game...double OT with tha spurs killed us...its ok...this loss doesnt totally kill us...but its a learning experience...its how we deal with tha loss now..Kobe had an off game..Payton had an off game...everybody did! ITS OK we can bounce back from this loss...atleast win 3 outta 4 on this road trip and go back home for a great home stretch where we can jump tha standings and be #1 again! dont worry its how we will react to this loss which will determine tha real character of this team...
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:57 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:this is what happens whenever i miss a laker game...THEY LOSE!
Same here, I missed the game as well! It's ok, at least it was a back to back game
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakersPride on Sat Nov 08, 2003 6:13 pm

Be #1 again???????

We are number 1.

We are the highest ranked team in the NBA next to the Hornet who we are tied with, and Seattle who beat the damn Clippers twice in Japan.

LAKERS REBUILDING PROCESS, TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!!!
LakersPride

Postby Snakell Beast on Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:57 pm

Remember, everyone, that Medvedenko has yet to play, Rick Fox will play kareem Rush's current role (or Bryon Russell will, either way it is an upgrade) and Cook will give us more scoring (along with slava) off the bench in our front court. Walton will get the opportunity to take minutes away from Bryon and Kareem, so our main 10 man rotation will probably wind up being:
PG: Gary Payton | Derek Fisher
SG: Kobe Bryant | Bryon Russell
SF: Rick Fox | Devean George
PF: Karl Malone | Slava Medvedenko
C: Shaquille O'neal | Horace Grant
With Walton and Cook as our two other actives and Pargo, Rush and Sampson on the Inactive IL. Then, if someone like Russell or Horace gets injured or plays badly enough, we'll have Rush and Sampson to go in and give us a spark, so the bench won't be a problem. We'll be fine. 70-75 wins will be the final result, trust me. In fact, our only losses all year might be the second of back-to-backs because we have an older team. That only happens a half dozen times this year, and we aren't always going to have an emotional behemoth of a game in 2OT every time the day before....get the point...?
Snakell Beast

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 1:16 pm

Well said, Snakell
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight