Fri. 11/26 vs. Kings - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Cleansed on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:13 pm

Frickin pitiful.............absolutely pitiful. Not because we lost...but because we LET them win. That game was in teh bag and guys played like it was in the bag 60 seconds before it was over.

&*^%*&^ pitiful.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:14 pm

I just saw the highlight of Kobe's sick reverse! :man4: :man4:

Kobe, you gotta get, that, dirt off your shoulders!! Go'n brush your shoulders off!!! :man13:
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:17 pm

The game was certainly exciting, but in the end the Lakers don't know how to close out games.

The two things I was looking very carefully at in this game became VERY evident.

1) Butler should come off the bench, he should not be our starting SF.

2) PG is a weakness of this club.

3) Odom should play the SF spot.

Atkins was 2-10 with 5 points, and looked bad, as expected against Bibby.

Butler was benched b/c of his lack of defense and offense against Peja, he was outmatched on both ends, and Jones took his playing time. He was 3-8 with 6 points, and 4 fouls.

Odom while he had a good rebounding game, shot 5-15 which for a PF is pathetic. Foul trouble also limited his performance, and when you play Odom at the PF, since he's undersized he'll run into foul trouble, something that's inevitable.

Well, at least they have a nice homestand with a cake schedule right now.

Right now the Lakers aren't impressing me, and unfortunately they are playing EXACTLY at the level ESPN predicts them to be. Average, kobe scoring 40, and them losing. They can't defend anyone, arguably the weakest defense in the conference.

Wanted that road game in Phoenix. Lost. Wanted the home game against Sacramento. Lost. Now, a realistic goal, that I want, is them to sweep the road trip at Milwaukee & Chicago...both teams are under .500.

To show improvement, you need to win games... impressive ones.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby scottiep1013 on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:18 pm

We coulda had this game...we coulda had this game. :bang:
scottiep1013

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:18 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:oh well, i know these type of games are REALLY depressing..i only cheered the queens on because i wanted the clippers at least tied with the lakers. that sucks, great to see odom choke though.

wow.... simply amazing.... you do realize the kings will just whoop your buttz too?
leftymo

Postby Supastas on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:18 pm

Exactly that game was in the bag. Kobe shouldn't have tried to force it to Cook, thats what really cost them, the Kings were defending it well and Stojakavic anticipated the pass. Cook had a chance to hit the three for a two point lead, but it wasn't meant to be. Depressing loss, but there's still 69 games to go. They competed well with a good team on a roll.
Last edited by Supastas on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supastas

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:19 pm

leftymo wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:oh well, i know these type of games are REALLY depressing..i only cheered the queens on because i wanted the clippers at least tied with the lakers. that sucks, great to see odom choke though.

wow.... simply amazing.... you do realize the kings will just whoop your buttz too?

sure bud, sure.

maybe i should just post more about how the lakers choked..
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:20 pm

not a bad night for kobe....
40pts(FG 11-17) :man4:
7 rebs
8 ast
2 blks
3 TO's
the team choked at the end....brian cook missing the 3 was big!

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:21 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
leftymo wrote:

sure bud, sure.

Nah, but tell me, what does it feel like to see championship banners in your home arena that aren't yours?
leftymo

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:22 pm

leftymo wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
leftymo wrote:

sure bud, sure.

Nah, but tell me, what does it feel like to see championship banners in your home arena that aren't yours?

lol, I don't care about it. How does it feel to be arguing with a Clipper fan trying to prove your team is better?

Keep talking, I dropped it by saying it's a tough loss and real depressing. But I guess you had to bring this back up and I'll just talk about how Brian Cook choked and everyone else.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby shoe on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:24 pm

Man, I cant believe we choked at the end :bang:

Heartbreakin...mental mistakes cost us this game. We had this game and then stupid turnover by Kobe, missed shot by Cook and we lose. :man6:
shoe

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:24 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
leftymo wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
leftymo wrote:

sure bud, sure.

lol, I don't care about it. How does it feel to be arguing with a Clipper fan trying to prove your team is better?

Keep talking, I dropped it by saying it's a tough loss and real depressing. But I guess you had to bring this back up and I'll just talk about how Brian Cook choked and everyone else.

Do I really have to prove this? I don't think so...

And you didn't drop it, you prefaced it, and ended it by stating something instigative...

Congratulations clipper fan, you're tied with the lakers... when's the parade?
leftymo

Postby noname on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:26 pm

kids play nicely
noname
Good Call Stats Team

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:27 pm

shoe wrote:Man, I cant believe we choked at the end :bang:

Heartbreakin...mental mistakes cost us this game. We had this game and then stupid turnover by Kobe, missed shot by Cook and we lose. :man6:

Believe it, in fact expect it. They are a young team. Look at the core group of guys...the guys all playing.

All drafted pretty recently.

Butler - 2002
Rush - 2002
Walton - 2003
Cook - 2003
Odom - 1999
Mihm - 2000

The core group are all in their low to mid 20's... they don't even know how to play yet... so expect them to choke and blow games. They have one of the better closers in the game, but it will take time. When they hit around 27-29 ish, then be surprised if they choke.

But definitely not at this time. In fact, I'd be surprised if they had some magical killer instinct... only championship teams have that.
leftymo

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:27 pm

I didn't instigate anything, you're just too pissy about the whole loss.

Congratulations laker fan, how does it feel to be arguing about something that has nothing to do with the actual game just because you're pissed I wanted the Lakers to lose.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:29 pm

lakers lost... :man6:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:30 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:I didn't instigate anything, you're just too pissy about the whole loss.

Congratulations laker fan, how does it feel to be arguing about something that has nothing to do with the actual game just because you're pissed I wanted the Lakers to lose.

Well, I was pulling for the Clippers to win recently.. the game against the Pistons... but I guess that's the difference between us.

I shouldn't feed the trolls, b/c that's precisely what you're doing on the board right now.

You might as well be a kings fan.
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:31 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:I didn't instigate anything, you're just too pissy about the whole loss.

do me a favor and re-read your own post. good to see odom choke though... nah, nothing instigative there... and if it isn't, then how do you explain this?

Obviously it was started with SOMETHING!!! sheesh...
leftymo

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:31 pm

leftymo wrote:

Well, I was pulling for the Clippers to win recently.. the game against the Pistons... but I guess that's the difference between us.

I shouldn't feed the trolls, b/c that's precisely what you're doing on the board right now.

Hey, if you want to pull for the Clippers to win then you do that. I wanted the Lakers to lose this particular game just so they can be evened up, what's the problem with that? You get on me because of that? I'm a troll because I want a team to lose a particular game?

I hate Odom, what can I say. I enjoyed seeing that, who cares.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby noname on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:35 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
leftymo wrote:

Hey, if you want to pull for the Clippers to win then you do that. I wanted the Lakers to lose this particular game just so they can be evened up, what's the problem with that? You get on me because of that? I'm a troll because I want a team to lose a particular game?

I hate Odom, what can I say. I enjoyed seeing that, who cares.

could u guys stop this stupid fight its inly basketball as nuch as i love it its not worth fighting for
noname
Good Call Stats Team

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:37 pm

Kings win, Lakers lose. End of story.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:38 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Kings win, Lakers lose. End of story.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:42 pm

expect an article tomorrow from BSPN...."kobe scores 40, lakers lose"

Postby G|B|G|B on Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:48 pm

i was at my friends house so i couldnt watch the game
i turned to the radio with like 2 mins left!
then ya
=/
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:03 am

Chucky, Caron, and Lamar didn't show up tonight. Lamar grabbed 14 boards which is good, but those shots he was literally throwing up at the rim had no chance. It looked like he was just trying to get it up to the rim and hoped it went in. Caron's foul trouble took him out of the game, he couldn't handle Stojakovic. He might have picked it up and made big plays offensively like he did the last games, but Jumaine was playing well and making big plays himself, so Rudy opted to keep him in. Chucky... Like Bill Walton said, he had three's that would have been daggers, but couldn't convert. That wont get it done at all. He's gotta hit his open shots. Kobe had a spectacular game, but that doesn't mean the other main guys can take the night off offensively. The worst thing about it is they still should have won that game.
Supastas

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday