Fri. 11/26 vs. Kings - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:04 am

Most disappointing loss for me so far.. These Lakers need time to win these kind of games..

One question for Rudy:

Why take out Mihm in the dying minutes? :man3:

BCook killed us after Kobe, JJ and Mihm worked so hard to get the Lakers back in the game. :man6:
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:09 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Most disappointing loss for me so far.. These Lakers need time to win these kind of games..

One question for Rudy:

Why take out Mihm in the dying minutes? :man3:

BCook killed us after Kobe, JJ and Mihm worked so hard to get the Lakers back in the game. :man6:

not totally Cook's fault....mostly is atkins...missing tons of wide-open shots dished by kobe

Postby c.Lin on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:12 am

What ticked me off the most was the fact that they waited so long at the end to foul. Bibby ran out the clock for a good 5 seconds before passing it to PEJA, and they foul him. Yes, Bibby is a pretty good foul shooter, but not even close to Peja. Even if Bibby woulda made both free throws, they woulda had an extra 5 seconds on the clock to run a play. The fact that they waited so long just to foul a 90+% free throw shooter killed us more than Cook's missed FT or anything else.
c.Lin

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:26 am

I just noticed something. Lamar Odom could have stepped up on the screen and roll and stopped Bibby from shooting that game tying three after Jumaine hit the three on the other end in the final minute. Instead he stayed back expecting Bibby to drive and let him get the open three. Big mistake. They were up by three, you can't give up a three in that situation.
Supastas

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:27 am

STOP WITH THE ARUGING!@#*&@^$@*&$^ GOD THIS IS WORSE THAN JERRY SPRINGER!!! jk jk but neway yeah i always see leftymo arguin w/ sum1 in the gameday threads its just so much to read@$&*^@$ ahhh anyway lakers lost yeah depressing, we'll still mkae playoffs :)

leftymo i understand i was soo pissed readin gwhiz root for the queens, but if we were in his position we'd do the same to...i refrained from posting something b/c i knew it'd start up a argument and i knew it was'nt the right thing to do....what gwhiz said really makes the loss more frusterating..but its ok

i can think on the bright side that clips won...yes im a clips fan also....but i luv lakers more :P neway, i predicted we'd lose to kings...but we'll get the NO no prob!
Last edited by Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:29 am

i've noticed queens r really clutch....i remember game 6 WCF bibby hit that J when fish flopped and won the game and a couple more incidents, then bibby's 3 today... :man5: stupid queens oh well we'll get em on dec. 16(is that right date?) go lakers!
Karl11-Caron1

Postby c.Lin on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:30 am

We went under the screens all game. Defending that high screen and roll is something we've always had trouble with.
c.Lin

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:41 am

bndxclin wrote:We went under the screens all game. Defending that high screen and roll is something we've always had trouble with.

Totally different guys. Chucky went over the screen but Lamar didn't step up. He had the chance to but it looked like he was defending the drive to the basket. I don't think he expected Bibby to pull up for the three, but you gotta know your opponent. Bibby usually shoots in that situation.
Supastas

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:20 am

damn they got lucky. i just got home from work and totally forgot that they played today
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Ring It Up on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:35 am

kingprince22 wrote:expect an article tomorrow from BSPN...."kobe scores 40, lakers lose"

What should the headline read? They may write some bull over there but what is the headline supposed to read. So far this season when Kobe goes off the Lakers lose.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Aonex on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:48 am

That's certainly gotta change. We need other guys stepping up when Kobe's having a good game. In only makes sense since defenses would start collapsing on the hot player.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:57 am

I missed the game and would like to know what Tierre did.

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby vincejs on Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:54 am

kingprince22 wrote:expect an article tomorrow from BSPN...."kobe scores 40, lakers lose"

close .. kobe has 40, but kings win

Ring It Up wrote:What should the headline read? They may write some bull over there but what is the headline supposed to read. So far this season when Kobe goes off the Lakers lose.

kobe goes off when the others don't hit their shots
peep
vincejs

Postby GuRu on Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:49 am

Crono0801 wrote:I missed the game and would like to know what Tierre did.

flailed about and overdribbled. Oh, he also threw about 6 stupid passes, and dribbled into the lane with his head down about 4 straight times
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby GuRu on Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:52 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:ODOM CHOKES!! BEAUTIFUL ENDING!!

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:maybe i should just post more about how the lakers choked..

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Keep talking, I dropped it by saying it's a tough loss and real depressing. But I guess you had to bring this back up and I'll just talk about how Brian Cook choked and everyone else.

Wow....Shaq Fan part II, I expected better...sorta
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby GuRu on Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:59 am

Tough loss. I wouldnt exactly say we choked, because it took some to get back in the game in the 4th. Im proud of our guys for playing tough. Kobe had an absolutely amazing game. He looked LeBron like even Image

I do think we played pretty well overall against a cery hot Kings squad (7 in a row now). Learning experience. If Cook or Atkins hist any of those 4-5 3's at the end we win. Now lets go get these next 4 (NO, MIL, CHI, GS)
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby leftymo on Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:26 am

bndxclin wrote:What ticked me off the most was the fact that they waited so long at the end to foul. Bibby ran out the clock for a good 5 seconds before passing it to PEJA, and they foul him. Yes, Bibby is a pretty good foul shooter, but not even close to Peja. Even if Bibby woulda made both free throws, they woulda had an extra 5 seconds on the clock to run a play. The fact that they waited so long just to foul a 90+% free throw shooter killed us more than Cook's missed FT or anything else.

This is more proof of the lack of basketball IQ on this team. They're young and stupid, they don't know how to play yet. So it will take time. I don't like their defense personally. I think its pitiful, I think bad defense is contagious and must be dumped immediately.

I'd be in favor of trading Rush & Slava right this minute for nothing. If it means LA would improve defensively.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Peja vu on Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:58 am

Crono0801 wrote:damn they got lucky. i just got home from work and totally forgot that they played today

Ever heard of humility? How could you say we got lucky if you didn't even watch the game?
"No single aspect of basketball does more to develop good team play than passing, and conversely nothing destroys a team faster than a shooter who never passes." - Pete Carril
Peja vu

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:19 am

Peja vu wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:damn they got lucky. i just got home from work and totally forgot that they played today

Ever heard of humility? How could you say we got lucky if you didn't even watch the game?

I just saw that we lost by 3 and thats the first thing that came to my mind. :man10:

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:19 am

GuRu wrote:

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Keep talking, I dropped it by saying it's a tough loss and real depressing. But I guess you had to bring this back up and I'll just talk about how Brian Cook choked and everyone else.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:20 am

GuRu wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:I missed the game and would like to know what Tierre did.

flailed about and overdribbled. Oh, he also threw about 6 stupid passes, and dribbled into the lane with his head down about 4 straight times

figured he would do something like that

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:28 am

Crono0801 wrote:
GuRu wrote:

Get over it, seriously. How come azn joker is the only person that understands. Why is it so wrong for me to root for the queens with the standings as it is right now. Jesus Christ, it's like I'm so horrible now that I say a few bad things about the Lakers. So you guys don't tolerate anyone who doesn't like the Lakers? I'm tired of all this pissy attitude towards me just because you're team lossed. You would've cheered for the Queens too if it was Clippers/Queens and a Clippers loss would've put the Lakers in a better position. There are a crapload of people on these boards that talk crap on the Clippers, I don't mind. When it's one game, I'm compared to Shaq Fan.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby lakerfool on Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:51 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:
GuRu wrote:

Get over it, seriously. How come azn joker is the only person that understands. Why is it so wrong for me to root for the queens with the standings as it is right now. Jesus Christ, it's like I'm so horrible now that I say a few bad things about the Lakers. So you guys don't tolerate anyone who doesn't like the Lakers? I'm tired of all this pissy attitude towards me just because you're team lossed. You would've cheered for the Queens too if it was Clippers/Queens and a Clippers loss would've put the Lakers in a better position. There are a crapload of people on these boards that talk crap on the Clippers, I don't mind. When it's one game, I'm compared to Shaq Fan.

I agree...

We choked, and we lost...if any other team choked like this, we'd be down their fans' necks, especially if the Queens were on the other end of the score...

We're just a young team, and games like this will actually benefit our team...like the saying goes, you learn more from your losses than wins
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby Ginofan on Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:04 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:
GuRu wrote:

Dude don't let it get to you too much. This is all new for them...most of them are used to winning and winning often. They don't know how to handle the rebuilding years unless they are Lakerfans of old. Keep your head up, your team is doing awesome. Cheer all you want and ignore bitterness that comes your way. :jam2:
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:07 am

Ginofan wrote:Dude don't let it get to you too much. This is all new for them...most of them are used to winning and winning often. They don't know how to handle the rebuilding years unless they are Lakerfans of old. Keep your head up, your team is doing awesome. Cheer all you want and ignore bitterness that comes your way. :jam2:

:bow: :bow: :bow:
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday