Fri. 11/26 vs. Kings - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sat Nov 27, 2004 12:31 pm

dont worry G, they're just a lil bit too sensitive...

this thread would be boring without people hating on the lakers... thats just me tho..
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:05 pm

ANOTHER LOSS

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:06 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:
GuRu wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:ODOM CHOKES!! BEAUTIFUL ENDING!!

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:maybe i should just post more about how the lakers choked..

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Keep talking, I dropped it by saying it's a tough loss and real depressing. But I guess you had to bring this back up and I'll just talk about how Brian Cook choked and everyone else.

Wow....Shaq Fan part II, I expected better...sorta
:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Get over it, seriously. How come azn joker is the only person that understands. Why is it so wrong for me to root for the queens with the standings as it is right now. Jesus Christ, it's like I'm so horrible now that I say a few bad things about the Lakers. So you guys don't tolerate anyone who doesn't like the Lakers? I'm tired of all this pissy attitude towards me just because you're team lossed. You would've cheered for the Queens too if it was Clippers/Queens and a Clippers loss would've put the Lakers in a better position. There are a crapload of people on these boards that talk crap on the Clippers, I don't mind. When it's one game, I'm compared to Shaq Fan.

What makes Shaq Fan "Shaq Fan" anyways?
he posts things that annoys Laker Fans such as "Go 'any opposing team against the Lakers!
if on Dec. 25 he posts "Go Miami!", i don't care because he's a Miami Fan! the fact that he roots for any team that is against the lakers pisses laker fans off.....
look at grego and Ginofan, they just post "Go Spurs!" when we are against the Spurs.....which is totally understandable because they are Spurs fans
i understand that you wanted the lakers to lose last night....but you should've kept it to yourself....

Postby LakeShizow on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:06 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:ANOTHER LOSS

For the Heat
LakeShizow

Postby LakeShizow on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:12 pm

kingprince22 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:
GuRu wrote:

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Keep talking, I dropped it by saying it's a tough loss and real depressing. But I guess you had to bring this back up and I'll just talk about how Brian Cook choked and everyone else.

Get over it, seriously. How come azn joker is the only person that understands. Why is it so wrong for me to root for the queens with the standings as it is right now. Jesus Christ, it's like I'm so horrible now that I say a few bad things about the Lakers. So you guys don't tolerate anyone who doesn't like the Lakers? I'm tired of all this pissy attitude towards me just because you're team lossed. You would've cheered for the Queens too if it was Clippers/Queens and a Clippers loss would've put the Lakers in a better position. There are a crapload of people on these boards that talk crap on the Clippers, I don't mind. When it's one game, I'm compared to Shaq Fan.

he posts things that annoys Laker Fans such as "Go 'any opposing team against the Lakers!
if on Dec. 25 he posts "Go Miami!", i don't care because he's a Miami Fan! the fact that he roots for any team that is against the lakers pisses laker fans off.....
look at grego and Ginofan, they just post "Go Spurs!" when we are against the Spurs.....which is totally understandable because they are Spurs fans
i understand that you wanted the lakers to lose last night....but you should've kept it to yourself....

Last time I checked, this website says clublakers ,not clubclippers, clubheat, clubspurs, etc. Therefore, if someone/a fan of an any other team is going to post anything negative towards the Lakers, isn't it logical to expect some backlash? Especially after a tough loss, Laker fans are going to be pissed off.
LakeShizow

Postby 4Rings on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:18 pm

Rush is having a forgettable season, so far. It's ridiculous. And Slava, please act like you have some passion out there. I liked the way Jumaine Jones stepped up and BCook had a decent game. That double team that the Kings put on Kobe and he threw it to Cook, you could see that turnover coming a mile away. It's turnovers that have really been the Lakers' problem, IMO. The Lakers also have to stop being so three point happy. Kobe and Odom do the smart thing and drive to the hoop. Mihm has got to stay out of foul trouble and the same goes for Lamar. Oh well, we are less than 15 games into the season....a long marathon ahead of us.
If we are all thinking alike, then nobody is thinking!
4Rings

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:21 pm

LakeShizow wrote:

For the Heat

but we are still 2 in EAST and u are out of playoffs as of now

Shaq Fan

Postby CaronKobeConnection on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:36 pm

This is clublakers....what part of this is so hard to understand for you...Im sure there are clipper boards out there. Shaq fan is just gay goto a dam heat board.
CaronKobeConnection

Postby MarkMadsen on Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:53 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:
LakeShizow wrote:

For the Heat

Lakers are currently tied 8th with the Clips.
MarkMadsen

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:17 pm

CaronKobeConnection wrote:here is a hint to you..Goto a clipper board!

k bye

CaronKobeConnection wrote:This is clublakers....what part of this is so hard to understand for you...Im sure there are clipper boards out there. Shaq fan is just gay goto a dam heat board.

k bye
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby GuRu on Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:29 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:
GuRu wrote:

I dont care who you root for, the Clippers, the lakers, the BobCats, thats your choice. And since you are a Clipper fan, i fully expect you to wish for the loss that benefits your team the most (although i think any time an elite team leke SacTo loses its better for a mid-tier team in the long run). the problem comes when after a loss, you get pissed at someone else and start saying things like

"Maybe ill just talk about how the Lakers choked..."

That kind of thing, while perfectly legal by CL rules, doesnt show a lot of humility or respect to fellow CL members. I dont see, nor would i encourage anyone coming into your Clipper threads and ragging on them after a loss.

And its not just this one game that triggered me to compare you to Shaq Fan, its multiple little acts of immaturity, just like this one...yet another instance
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby BigAkers on Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:04 pm

:bow:
In other news, Ric Bucher reports that Kobe Bryant gave steroids to Barry Bonds. More coming soon.....

:wave: Playoffs
BigAkers

Postby lakerfool on Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:33 pm

LakeShizow wrote:
kingprince22 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:
GuRu wrote:

Last time I checked, this website says clublakers ,not clubclippers, clubheat, clubspurs, etc. Therefore, if someone/a fan of an any other team is going to post anything negative towards the Lakers, isn't it logical to expect some backlash? Especially after a tough loss, Laker fans are going to be pissed off.

There was nothing negative...we did choke
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:11 pm

By the way they actually took a little over 10 seconds to foul (there was 17 seconds left). They actually seemed to not know the clock. That's a no no.. :nono5:

Come to think of it, they might have actually been going for the backcourt violation, not sure about that though and would have to see it again. Oh well, they will learn from games like this.
Supastas

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:22 pm

what the hell does the lakers choking got to do with humilty to CL members. it's humility to the lakers. you're taking this way overboard, ever heard of something called trash talking? that's what it is. talking about how a team choked is trash talking. yes, a lot of people go to the clipper thread and rag on me about being a clipper fan or anything related to the clippers. do i see you coming in and saying something about them being shaq fan? no. clippers suck, clippers choked. does anyone else care? no. do I take things too seriously and say you're insulting me when it has nothing to do with that?

it's funny, i seem to be the only member you get at when I act "immature." i guess i'm the only member around here who does, so go after me only. perfectly fine.

the problem comes when after a loss, you get pissed at someone else and start saying things like

there's one person who got pissed at me just because of a loss and said something "unnecessary" like they'll beat your team too (which started this whole thing)!!! no problem with that right? I don't even consider that unnecessary, but I guess to you it would be, only if it was by me.

it's a damn game, and it's a shame some fans can't handle a little trash talk and take things way overboard.

bye CL.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Frank White on Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:44 pm

I'm more than a bit late in the game but in all fairness to PHIL, I've seen him endure constant Clipper jokes and take it all in stride. He'll even add his own form of self-deprecating humor into the fray and not take it too seriously.

PHIL isn't a hater or equivalent to Shaqfan in any way to me, he's merely a fan of a team that happens to be in the same division that we're in so he'll have something invested in wins and losses.

He's always defending Kobe as well as weighing in on Laker issues with intelligence, fairness and critical analysis.

Don't get upset Laker faithful, I mean, what did we really expect from this young team when facing one of the best in the NBA? Facing a team that has a veteran core group that's been together for more than four seasons now? They showed their experience and cohesion in that fourth quarter and we showed our inexperience "work-in-progress" cohesion that leads us to make suspect decisions in crunch time.

We'll get better! I'm proud of the way we played the Kings. We played hard, shared the ball and were pretty much matching their offensive prowess with shot after shot.

We know our problems and we also know that we'll work diligently to rectify them as the season draws on, I can't tell you enough just how proud I am of this team. :jam2:
Frank White
Clublakers Moderator

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:28 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:
LakeShizow wrote:

For the Heat

in the east.... wow... without artest, o'neal, and jackson for the pacers.. and without ben w. for the pistons.. and u guys are #2... impressive..
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:17 pm

the problem comes when after a loss, you get pissed at someone else and start saying things like

yeah thats what i was very angry about also...how phil came and said stuff ilke that....but i didnt say nething, i just closed the browser and went and released my anger on turkey :man1: then came back and saw everythin trashin phil...as i said earlier i wanted to post something against what phil said but i didnt, because i knew it was wrong. someone told gwhiz to not say anything cuz we're pissed cuz we lost...and instead of gwhiz doing it how about we all do it if we have nothing positive to say? i mean maybe phil was messin w/ us then its all good and fun...but i mean now its all hatred and buncha crap towards each other...so lets just calm down...we would've done the same thing if we were in the clippers' fans position...

so lets all come back to earth and be cool..its ok we lost to a top team in the WEST and we'll get them back december whatever

so go lakers!
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:21 pm

and theres people on this board who root against the elite teams...like if its spurs vs bobcats and bobcats won people like ginofan and grego would be really frusterated, and seeing we were rooting for bobcats theyd be pissed....

thats the same thing here....we want the spurs to lose so theyd go down in the standings...gwhiz wanted the kings to win cuz we're closer to the clips in teh standings and since we lost, now we're tied for 7th or 8th or w/e w/ the clips...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:19 pm

CaronKobeConnection wrote:here is a hint to you..Goto a clipper board!

CaronKobeConnection wrote:This is clublakers....what part of this is so hard to understand for you...Im sure there are clipper boards out there. Shaq fan is just gay goto a dam heat board.

hell nah... u cant tell gwhiz to leave.. :disagree: ..
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Frank White on Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:51 pm

I just think sometimes we take our "fanship" (is that even a word? bear with me! :man10: ) a little too seriously. PHIL is one of the most unbiased fans we have here at CL as well as one of the more knowledgable, so what if he thinks we choked? So what if he verbalizes that he thinks we choked? He has the right to his opinion.....

All we can do is chalk it up to inexperience on our part and give Webb, Christie, Bibby and especially Bobby Jax (my favorite King :jam2: ) their props for playing a helluva game. And we STILL almost took this contest, we'll be a'ight fellas, trust me.....
Frank White
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:10 pm

wow....mite wanna edit ur post there
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:29 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:

CaronKobeConnection:
YO waz your beef, you call me that and then you tell Gwhiz to leave, not to smart of a newbie........only have 20 posts and joined the 20th of October, I think you need to get some senority before acting like this

Shaq Fan

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:08 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:

CaronKobeConnection:
YO waz your beef, you call me that and then you tell Gwhiz to leave, not to smart of a newbie........only have 20 posts and joined the 20th of October, I think you need to get some senority before acting like this

you're not supposed to act like that at all :nono5:
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:09 pm

Dre Naismith wrote:I just think sometimes we take our "fanship" (is that even a word? bear with me! :man10: ) a little too seriously. PHIL is one of the most unbiased fans we have here at CL as well as one of the more knowledgable, so what if he thinks we choked? So what if he verbalizes that he thinks we choked? He has the right to his opinion.....

All we can do is chalk it up to inexperience on our part and give Webb, Christie, Bibby and especially Bobby Jax (my favorite King :jam2: ) their props for playing a helluva game. And we STILL almost took this contest, we'll be a'ight fellas, trust me.....

I never encouraged Phil to leave, and furthermore don't condone that action. If he chooses to troll Laker message boards and "talk trash" its his obligation to do so... but that's like me going to any neighborhood and yelling something offensive, and then being surprised to get any kind of reaction.

And to phil, if there are those trolling the clipper thread, making fun or talking trash, i highly doubt you are just sitting there taking it, instead of defending your team.

I think anytime any non-laker fan is happy that they lost and then goes to a laker message board to reveal those feelings, you're only asking for trouble.

Nobody says you can't do it, and by far nobody should iterate that you should leave... in fact, that's just common sense to those that don't want a reaction and actually intuitive to those that do.

And finally, if the Clippers are playing the Kings, I will ALWAYS root for the Clippers in that one. B/c and no offense here, the Kings are the better team, and I want the top tier teams to fall closer to the pack (where the clippers & Lakers are)... so maybe the lakers aren't a good team this year, there's nothing to prevent a .500 team from winning the division.

So in that regards, Clipper fan does have it backwards and non-logical. You should think things through before deciding who to root for. Personally, it had nothing to do with having the Lakers closer to the Clippers. It was more, hating the Lakers like every other fan of teams that "supposedly" have this false rivalry with the Lakers.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday