Fri. 1/16 @ Kings - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:34 pm

Lakers4Ever wrote:WOW!! Kareem Rush did some serious damage... 30 pts!!!! WOW is all I can say.. If only everyone else did at least half of what he put up. I'm still proud of the Lakers for what they accomplished w/ out the big 3 in the lineup. What do you guys think about putting Kareem Rush in replacement for George? That's my honest opinion... Rush is developing quite well.

Not yet, Rush is still developing and is a bench player when we're healthy, he'll start at SG only if Kobe moves to the SF position. If we replaced George w/ Rush, Devean may slump, and his confidence may fall. Also Kareem is too small to play 3 in the NBA.
What I like about Rush is his ability to create a shot for himself, but he doesn't have the athlethicism that George posseses.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby crucifido on Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:36 pm

And now Kareem is everyone's favorite player right?

You guys (the plentiful Kareem bashers on this site) have got to stop bagging and berating players so eagerly and start being a bit more patient.

The best things come to those who wait.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby soniclude on Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:52 pm

BDG - I know there were no real highlights tonight, but I second the motion to make a Kareem Rush 30-point-game video. :mhihi:
ImageImage
soniclude

Postby BDG on Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:53 pm

soniclude wrote:BDG - I know there were no real highlights tonight, but I second the motion to make a Kareem Rush 30-point-game video. :mhihi:
Well, maybe I'll throw in a few Kareem highlights then... since everyone seems to want his plays so bad. :man12:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:58 pm

if only he wudve made that dunk over vlade...
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:00 pm

Guys, Kareem only had this 30-point outing because there was no Kobe--you wouldn't see opportunities like this for Kareem too often...Kareem mainly creates his own shot, so that wouldn't work in the triangle offense, plus, he's more of a rhythmic player, which means that he needs to make shots before he gets into a groove...but he showed what he did in college today, made many layups, stuck a couple of three-balls in, overall a very nice game. No turnovers too--he was very self-controlled out there and seemed to know what to do. But what Kareem needs to improve on, LakerBrain touched on it, is athleticism--his defensive maneuvers are not smooth and sometimes he gets lost in the defensive rotation. I didn't see much of that today but it was evident that the Kings were shooting a high percentage--so it was the overall lackluster team play. But in terms of developing our younger guys, Kareem Rush did good--not against Denver--but against an even more worthy opponent, Sacramento. But you won't see this often, especially when we have to use the triangle offense and move the ball around--Kareem won't get the freedom to be the top guy but he has shown that he can score in stretches. Hope he can be our sixth our seventh man--hes shown a lot and is averaging 5.6 points a game in 12.8 minutes--newly updated!
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:00 pm

see? NOW yall love kareem rush cuz he scored 30 in 34 minutes...lets face it he was on fire tonight...but it deifnetly wasnt enuff...

i think DEVEAN GEORGE cost tha lakers tha game...he seriously let peja run wild...he let peja get tha EASIEST layups and iw as gettin REALLy mad at his defense on peja...i know peja is good but he CAN be shut down!!!!!!!!!!!!! stupid george...and BRIAN COOK was a disappointment tonight...seemed like every shot he took tonight was an airball or barely grazed tha rim!! sampson is turnover prone...fisher played aight but let jackson go wild....payton shoulda playd more....its ok we were down 3 HOF's....what i hate about ESPN announcers was when they said u know lakers are down 3 All stars...but tha kings are also missing an all star...but then webber FINALLY said somethin that is true..when he said well we know this isnt tha laker team that we've known...and we know this is not their best lineup so we're jus waitin to play them when they're at their full potential and tha same goes for us...i thot chris webber FINALLY said something truthful that i can respect him for....

we basically lost this game in tha 3rd....
FabFourLakers

Postby crucifido on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:05 pm

No one person cost the Lakers the game, that's just too reactionary of a thought. They were beat before they got on the floor.

It looked hopeful for a bit and I honestly thought they could pull it out. But the way they came out with their heads hung down in the 3rd was really disappointing. While realistically, the game was virtually impossible to win, I was very upset by the total lack of effort from the entire team in the second half - hall of famers on the court or not - it was disheartening.

Oh well onto tomorrow and better days.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:06 pm

Since Fab4 mentioned Webber, it made me wonder...does anyone know why he always has the stupid basketball in his hands? Whenever you see him behind the bench, no matter what game, he has that ball
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby crucifido on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:08 pm

Who gives a rat's as*?!

(Sorry man I just can't stand that "team")
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby lakerzrule on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:12 pm

As expected, the Lakers lost to Sac, but it was close in the first half before the game became a blowout. Let's move on, I bet when we get over our injuries, we'll beat the Queens badly. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby magicmoment on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:21 pm

but hey they really did they're best.. and of couse they were short handed.. good job to kareem though for stepping up
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby Laker brain on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:29 pm

Do You realize that D Fish, Devean George, Slava, Byron Russell, have never had a 30 point game...
Rush joins Grant,Payton,Kobe,Shaq,and Rick as players that have scored 30 or more in a game.

Pretty Good for a Sophmore. :man1:
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:29 pm

yea i thot tha turning point of tha game was when we let tha kings hit a 3 to end tha half...i got really mad when that happened cuz all they did was throw it into divac and he tipped it to bibby and he hit a 3...man i threw tha controller at tha tv when tht happened....we were only down 6...and then they hit a 3...that KILLED us...we were hangin our heads like C-fido said....well im jus happy that we didnt get killed by 50 like we should have...im glad rush had a career night..ive been waiting for that...and tihs was against tha KINGS so if i hear anythin like "oh he did it in garbage time" or "he got luckY" then i dont know what else to say other than "F YOU RUSH HATER"....cuz rush hit 30 tonight...not even payton or malone have hit 30 this season
FabFourLakers

Postby wongy on Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:16 am

Rush did good...
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby luis2k10 on Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:41 am

yes Rush did do good
luis2k10

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:21 am

I missed the game, however, Rush scored very well. I'm glad he got his career high because it will be great for him to start stepping up and having big games in this time of need.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Bulls Fan on Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:46 pm

well i guess now you can see what life is like for the "Rebuilding Lakers" many many many years from now. If Kareem sticks around it will be good...he can turn into something very good. Not only that...this game, and many others (if he does well) will up his "market" value in the NBA.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday