7:30 pm
TV: ESPN, KCAL
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20040116/LALSAC/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20040116/LALSAC/boxscore.html

Lakers - 83
Kings - 103

Short-handed Lakers Lose to Kings
Kareem Rush scored a season-high 30 points, but the Lakers were outscored by 18 in the third quarter and lost 103-83 in Sacramento on Friday. Gary Payton chipped in 16 points and Derek Fisher scored 12 for Los Angeles.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby murcielago62 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:38 pm

Yikes, I don't like predicting losses, but I'll have to do it this time. IF Shaq were playing I'd prolly predict a win, but I can't do it otherwise. Kings win 101-95. :disagree::man6::man5::man2:
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby JSM on Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:01 pm

Shaq Update

Bad news guys, Shaq practiced today, but did not make the trip with the team to Sacramento, and isn't expected to play for about a week
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:47 pm

Guys, I swear to Allah I have a bad feeling about this one...for more information read this lousy article: Lousy Article Anyway, it seems that our youth won't be able to overcome Sactown's toughness this time around. I have confidence that we'll at least be in the game but when the game is on the line our young guns can't handle it, and everyone's gonna double team Payton. I'd be crying for joy if we won, definitely a close one if we do, but the fans will have a mad time out there cheering for their beloved Cow team. Its sad but its the facts of home court: our young guys need to put up a better effort than against DENVER and put up their best way-over-par game. Unless Sacramento suffers woeful inconsistencies or get bored (which they did against Miami last game), I see no chance of winning. But I think they'll start the game hot and attack us with crisp passes and great cuts to the hoop, taking advantage of the inexperience of our young guys. Sadly, so, the fans won't see much competition and all I can hope for is a desperate, situational win.

Lakers 99
Sacramento 95
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LARolePlayer on Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:47 pm

Lakers are going to put up a hell of a fight. For some reason I got a good feeling about this game, but it's going to be even harder without Horace. I'll go ahead and say Lakers win 98-96. :jam2:
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
LARolePlayer

Postby theowing on Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:19 pm

DEFENSE! REBOUND!

Lakers 92
Kings 90

If George can stick with Peja the whole game. We win.
GP has no problem playing against Bibby. Slava can score.
theowing

Postby LakersFan in SacTown on Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:20 pm

Kings lose by a blowout in my opinion...

if you see me I'll be waving a purple and gold flag I got courtside seats next to Rick Adelman and I'll bother him a lot don't worry
LakersFan in SacTown

Postby BDG on Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:22 pm

I know none of you want to admit we'll lose to the Kings-- but realize we're down 3 hall of famers.

Image 105
Image 92
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby SMUnderground on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:13 pm

even tho shaq might not be there..kobe's out..malone's out..fox's out..there's still GP and Fisher..and all the laker fans here...

WE WILL OWNOROZE THE KINGS TONIGHT!!!... :mad1:
SMUnderground

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:37 pm

sorry guys...but this time i am not even using reverse psychology cuz this is one game im SURE we will lose...therse no way we can overcome tha sacramento offense without our big 4....and to make matters worse we dont even have GRANT...we'll have what 9 players in uniform? maybe 10? no kobe no shaq no malone no fox no grant....thats 5 guys we're missing...all 5 have been starters for us this season or have been starters for us int ha past...so u can see we're pretty much left with GP and role players...

i will be TRULY AMAZED if we beat tha kings...
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:02 am

SMUnderground wrote:OWNOROZE
:man3: ?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:10 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:

same thoughts here..

anyways, but what IF WE WON OMFG. you know how big that would be OMG. sac would kill themselves. the population in sacramento would just drop. suicides and homocides everywhere. i want us to win so bad, even though we have injuries i'm still looking forward to this game just as much.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby wongy on Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:53 am

:man3: We're gonna have just one major problem.. PEJA.. nuff said.. :man11:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:23 am

wongy wrote::man3: We're gonna have just one major problem.. PEJA.. nuff said.. :man11:

i think we'll have george on him, and i think he'll do good. we'll just have to see. who else would guard him? the only person i think that we could have guard him would be ime. i really do think george will do good, he has to watch out for screens and make sure he just stays on him.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby ruffryder on Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:18 am

It looks like this:

1) If we lose=it would mean just nothing, our main players are out.

2) If we win=it would send a clear message to the league=" we are unstopable....always" and would crush kings for good no team couldnt survive something like this . :man4:

My point: Its a great for us we've got nothing to lose and so much to win :jam2:
ruffryder

Postby noxcel on Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:08 pm

Lakermagic wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:

same thoughts here..

anyways, but what IF WE WON OMFG. you know how big that would be OMG. sac would kill themselves. the population in sacramento would just drop. suicides and homocides everywhere. i want us to win so bad, even though we have injuries i'm still looking forward to this game just as much.

Exactly :jam2:
noxcel

Postby @ on Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:23 pm

yeah....100% win
@

you're right man

Postby Shaki on Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:24 pm

noxcel wrote:
Lakermagic wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:

same thoughts here..

Exactly :jam2:

I got a feeling and hope that we could win this one, but we have to work hard and fight for every ball.

My prediction : Lakers win 101-100
Shaki

Postby BDG on Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:58 pm

We will have to contain Bobby Jackson tonight:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Scoopaa on Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:04 pm

I know everyone's pretty much conceding a loss tonight :man6: ...I'm kinda there too!!! But I gotta keep the faith and hold my breath!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOO LAKERS!!!!!!! :jam2:
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt..."

Robert De Niro...'Ronin'
Scoopaa

Postby sacramentolakerfan on Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:41 pm

Keep the faith...we still have a chance of winning this one. The pressure is on them, not us, and the queens like to fall apart under pressure. If our defense stays strong, i think we can do it.
sacramentolakerfan

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:57 pm

sacramentolakerfan wrote:The pressure is on them, not us

agreed... like 4hrs till game time!

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:51 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:We will have to contain Bobby Jackson tonight:

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: Wow :man9:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:24 pm

I don't think we will win this one guys, it doesn't look good. The only way we will win is if we get huge games from all of guys. Everyone has to play their best basketball of the season. I think it will be close, but we won't win it.

Payton/Bibby: This will be the best matchup of the night. Two good western guards going head to head. We need a big game from Payton. He needs to give us everything he has in his arsenal. We need him to set the tempo for the game and not back down. I think Payton will outplay Bibby, and should be able to play defense against him (something that hasn't been done by us in years).

Rush/Christie: We all know Rush can score, now he needs to give us a big game. We need for him to score 18+ points and play some solid D against Christie. How his shots fall will be a big part of how the game goes

George/Peja: This is the matchup that really scares me. Peja has been having the best season of his career and has been scoring a lot of points. George isn't exactly one of the guys who have stepped it up in everyone's absence, and now is his time to prove he doesn't have to have Shaq to score. We need a solid night from him-on the offensive end, on the defensive end, and he needs to crash the boards. I think his poor D will really hurt us tonight, and Peja will light us up for 30+ points. If Peja gets going, then look for Russell to see big minutes, since he is a better defensive player than George.

Cook & Slava/Miller Slava and Cook need to keep playing as well as they have been, because their contributions have been a big part in our recent wins. Slava has to get his shot to fall, and fall a lot tonight. We need at least 25 from Slava. Cook also needs to score and get some rebounds, we can't let Miller get all the rebounds. I honestly don't think Miller will be able to stop Slava, that could be good for us.

Slava & Sampson/Divac Both, Slava and Sampson, will share minutes playing center. Divac is no long the scoring presence he used to be, now all he is good for is a couple of flops. I don't think Divac can stop Slava either. Sampson needs to be aggressive against Vlade, he needs to block his shots and pull down some rebounds. None of our big guys can afford to get into foul trouble, so we have to watch Divac, because we all know he is going to flop, so we can't be drawn in to playing his style of game and pick up quick, easy fouls.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Vegasguy80 on Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:56 pm

Is it official that Shaq is out? ESPN still reported he is a maybe and I didnt hear that he didnt make the trip. So whats the word?
Vegasguy80

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday