Fri. 12/25 - Lakers vs Cavs - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 12/25 - Lakers vs Cavs - Predictions & Comments

Postby BynumLooksLikeFeces on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:22 pm

trodgers wrote:That loss hurt more than any I can remember since Finals vs. Boston.

You can't be serious. Come on this was a regular season loss to a good team that came to play. We didn't. Kobe didn't treat the game like it was important (watch his interview about the hype surrounding it) and the result was that the team didn't get pumped up for it.

But regardless of that this game exposed our atrocious perimeter shooting and what happens when the bigs don't show up.
BynumLooksLikeFeces

Postby spitty on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:22 pm

We need to go way from the retarded triangle jump shot offense. We had freaking shaq on their floor and never bothered with pick and roll....
Play Mbenga or this gets it!!!
spitty

Postby laakers on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:23 pm

odom1year wrote:Kobe ! Just take a good rest to heal your finger. It's for real !!

are you crazy? he was like 10-30 and played 45 minutes! he will sit out if he needs to! we need him now especially to get a streak going
laakers

Postby kray28 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:24 pm

My analysis: When the Lakers trimmed it down to 6 in the third....the refs started singing a different tune. The Cavs started shooting freethrows to regain/stretch the lead, while the Kobe basically got murdered in the paint. The no-call on the Shaq body check was hilarious.

The Lakers need to come up with a counter for this....shooting better from the perimeter would help, but it's interesting how our bigs were total non-factors in this game. Kobe=Gasol two man game should have been there, but I wonder what it was that took it away.
kray28

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:25 pm

Can't change our offense just because of Shaq... despite what most think, THIS WAS NOT AN IMPORTANT GAME.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby kray28 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:27 pm

odom1year wrote:Kobe ! Just take a good rest to heal your finger. It's for real !!

It's not his finger I'm worried about...it may be the knee. This was his first full game after the tweak, and he may need a bit to adjust his shot. He missed a lot of looks today that I'm used to seeing him make.
kray28

Postby gonitype123 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:28 pm

yup, another one who watched the game blindfolded.
gonitype123

Postby dj vitus on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:29 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Now we will hear how the Cavs are the best team in the league

I know, right? Everytime someone beats us, they're automatically the best.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby lakers_09tv on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:31 pm

kray28 wrote:My analysis: When the Lakers trimmed it down to 6 in the third....the refs started singing a different tune. The Cavs started shooting freethrows to regain/stretch the lead, while the Kobe basically got murdered in the paint. The no-call on the Shaq body check was hilarious.

I'm jealous of LeBron. He gets calls that Kobe can only dream of. Whenever we play a big game Kobe never gets any calls.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby LakeShow09 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:33 pm

LakeShow09 wrote:Was Snaq boo'd in the pregame intro?
LakeShow09

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:35 pm

I guess because most Laker fans are threatened by Lebron that this loss disappoints more for them than any other. Just remember that this is 1 of 82 and we'll probably lose more games.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby odom1year on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:38 pm

LakeShow09 wrote:

He was booed during FT shooting.
odom1year

Postby dj vitus on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:41 pm

Did you see LeBron and Ilgauskus motioning for the fans to keep throwing the foam fingers? Talk about bad sportsmanship on both sides. Feels like a high school game. Oh well, I am over it now. Jan 21 can't wait.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Shaq was motivated and played well. Outplayed Pau and Drew.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby LakersMVP24 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:00 pm

dj vitus wrote:Did you see LeBron and Ilgauskus motioning for the fans to keep throwing the foam fingers? Talk about bad sportsmanship on both sides. Feels like a high school game. Oh well, I am over it now. Jan 21 can't wait.

They wasnt motioning for the fans to keep throwin the fingers. They was calling for their teammates to huddLe up.
"At the end of the day, winning in June is the thing that we really judge our season by.
If we don’t do that, it’s a failure." -Kobe Bryant | On the road to repeat…
LakersMVP24

Postby odom1year on Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:07 pm

LakeShow09 wrote:

Shaq, who got boos and cheers during pregame introductions.
odom1year

Postby LakerPride247 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:09 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Can't change our offense just because of Shaq... despite what most think, THIS WAS NOT AN IMPORTANT GAME.

You're right it wasn't an important game. It's why I'm not angry about it. It's a game in December that has no bearing on what we'll do from mid-April through mid-June. The regular season just passes the time until the playoffs start.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby Nikez on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:53 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I guess because most Laker fans are threatened by Lebron that this loss disappoints more for them than any other. Just remember that this is 1 of 82 and we'll probably lose more games.

He didn't even do that great while kobe had a monster line with a near triple double and would've had better FG% if they called the times he got butchered.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby Nikez on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:54 pm

karacha wrote:
KB24@CL wrote:we are going to win in Cleveland, just wait and quote me on that later.

Actually, I'm pretty sure we will win that one. You know our guys will want revenge. Should be a good game.

Co-sign 100%

Unlike today, we will actually show some ounce of effort and beat these guys down like we should have. We really could have won today if we showed up.
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby BadCoaching on Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:58 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I guess because most Laker fans are threatened by Lebron that this loss disappoints more for them than any other. Just remember that this is 1 of 82 and we'll probably lose more games.

How do you figure it disappoints more than any other or that Lebron is part of the disappointment that is displayed by many of us? This was the Christmas game on national TV it would have been great to send a message to the league and the east coast with a win so yes it's disappointing.

Giving Lebron all the credit is a joke.. we played like crap overall, the refs wouldn't give Kobe anything blatantly the second half. Our post play was atrocious Bynum and Gasol were just awful and didn't rotate properly and were afraid of Shaq the entire game.

The worst of all though.. Fisher. I don't care what fan boy throws fits about how good Fisher is for this team. It was down to a 6 point lead early in the 3rd and who lit us up? Lebron? no.. Moe Williams. He went ape on us and why did that happen.. because of Fishers crappy old man defense he was terrible.

People say Kobe sucked because of his FG % which is BS because the refs allowed him to get hacked and shoved all over a whole bunch of his shots were ruined because of that.
BadCoaching

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:29 pm

I was watching this game for about half an hour and stopped watched once I saw 5 bogus calls.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby mooncer on Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Kings vs L. A. Lakers, LIVE STREAMING on JUSTIN USTREAM SOPCAST CHANNEL TV 26.12.09 : http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:22da772 ... 1209?usc=1
mooncer

Postby Kobe_24 for life!! on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:28 pm

no Thread for lakers-kings game?
Kobe_24 for life!!

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday