Fri. 11/23 - Lakers @ Grizzlies - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 11/23 - Lakers @ Grizzlies - Predictions & Comments

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:38 pm

Kobe leaving early because he shot the ball like crap and they lost....and because new coach seems to be shaping things totally different and because his two bigs played like princesses out their ffs....

Also, can someone tell me how Jo Hill only got 4 mins of burn?! that is some stupid ish right there...
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
kobe_mamba

Postby GoldenChocobo on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:38 pm

trodgers wrote:How many bricks did Gasol put up when Kobe set him up for an open jumper?

Enough to build a stadium for the Tenants.
GoldenChocobo

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:41 pm

King of Clutch wrote:I hope kobe sees the similarities between the last two losses. 4 assts, 3 assts. dwight CAN NOT get his own shot consistently, and pau DEFINITELY CAN NOT get his own shot consistently. If kobe doesn't set them up, we likely lose. Simple. Either kobe realizes this and adjusts, or we wait on nash...

So. Kobe MUST score, facilitate and dish dimes, defend, etc, etc. If he doesn't do ALL this, Kobe = rubbish.

Correct??? :bang:
Last edited by kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kobe_mamba

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:41 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
trodgers wrote:You guys talking trash about Kobe, what do you want from him? Seriously.

in all honesty, he needs to do a better job of getting the bigs involved by getting assists. Just has NOT been the same facilitator as he was when we ran over people....

WTF?! Firstly, he had a trip-double the other day full of assists and he has been dishing them out all year in the absence of Nash and Blake. Secondly, why should he STILL have to be the facilitator?! Sure Morris is learning, but you're telling me Duhon hasn't been round the block - what he can't run the team?! Lastly, Kobe still had more assists than any other Laker in this game.....wow...

look. I'm the biggest kobe homer in this thread. TRUST ME. He DEFINITELYshould be the mvp so far. 27.2 5rpg 5apg on 53% shooting. He's the best player in the league thus far in my opinion. Only thing holding him back from mvp talks is the teams record. But I also see whats working and whats not. When he facilitated the way he did, we were unstoppable offensively. Our second and 3rd best players can't get their own shots. Its not rocket science. In order for us to win, they need to be set up and kobe needs to do it. Either that, or we struggle until nash gets back.

And I completely get where you're coming from. I get angry at anything that seems like kobe bashing. Probably would've got on you if you were the one to say what I did. lol
Last edited by King of Clutch on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Clutch

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:lol kobe left with 5 secs

nope not right he left with 6.8 seconds exactly to go
kobebryant248

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 pm

King of Clutch wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
trodgers wrote:You guys talking trash about Kobe, what do you want from him? Seriously.

in all honesty, he needs to do a better job of getting the bigs involved by getting assists. Just has NOT been the same facilitator as he was when we ran over people....

WTF?! Firstly, he had a trip-double the other day full of assists and he has been dishing them out all year in the absence of Nash and Blake. Secondly, why should he STILL have to be the facilitator?! Sure Morris is learning, but you're telling me Duhon hasn't been round the block - what he can't run the team?! Lastly, Kobe still had more assists than any other Laker in this game.....wow...

look. I'm the biggest kobe homer in this thread. TRUST ME. He DEFINITELYshould be the mvp so far. 27.2 5rpg 5apg on 53% shooting. He's the best player in the league thus far in my opinion. Only thing holding him back from mvp talks is the teams record. But I also see whats working and whats not. When he facilitated the way he did, we were unstoppable offensively. Our second and 3rd best players can't get their own shots. Its not rocket science. In order for us to win, they need to be set up and kobe needs to do it. Either that, or we struggle until nash gets back.

OK. But....as great as Kobe is - its the same old story. He can't and shouldn't have to not only carry the offense AND initiate the offense. Its ridiculous. Its the same old viscious cycle he's been stuck with his whole career. Look Kobe could be the best PG in the league if he wanted to be. Dude could average 10+ assists, but he is a scorer. He is a shooter. That is is game.....let him play it
kobe_mamba

Postby Uncle_Meat on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Love the TWC post game to soothe my sorrows.. :man6:
Uncle_Meat

Postby Uncle_Meat on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:45 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:

There is another coaching culture clash.
OK. But....as great as Kobe is - its the same old story. He can't and shouldn't have to not only carry the offense AND initiate the offense. Its ridiculous. Its the same old viscious cycle he's been stuck with his whole career. Look Kobe could be the best PG in the league if he wanted to be. Dude could average 10+ assists, but he is a scorer. He is a shooter. That is is game.....let him play it
Uncle_Meat

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:45 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:I hope kobe sees the similarities between the last two losses. 4 assts, 3 assts. dwight CAN NOT get his own shot consistently, and pau DEFINITELY CAN NOT get his own shot consistently. If kobe doesn't set them up, we likely lose. Simple. Either kobe realizes this and adjusts, or we wait on nash...

So. Kobe MUST score, facilitate and dish dimes, defend, etc, etc. If he doesn't do ALL this, Kobe = rubbish.

Correct??? :bang:

lol oh NO NO NO! Never be rubbish regardless of how he plays. Just pointing out what the team currently needs from him.
King of Clutch

Postby kobe_mamba on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Right now.....Kobe NEEDS stuff from the team. It shouldn't be the other way around anymore
kobe_mamba

Postby Uncle_Meat on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:50 pm

kobe_mamba wrote:Right now.....Kobe NEEDS stuff from the team. It shouldn't be the other way around anymore

Turnovers and missing shots always wins. :disagree:
Uncle_Meat

Postby trodgers on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:54 pm

King of Clutch wrote:look. I'm the biggest kobe homer in this thread. TRUST ME.

I disagree. I think I am.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Uncle_Meat wrote:
kobe_mamba wrote:OK. But....as great as Kobe is - its the same old story. He can't and shouldn't have to not only carry the offense AND initiate the offense. Its ridiculous. Its the same old viscious cycle he's been stuck with his whole career. Look Kobe could be the best PG in the league if he wanted to be. Dude could average 10+ assists, but he is a scorer. He is a shooter. That is is game.....let him play it

you're right. You guys are right. Just hate hearing the kobe hate all around. And we know how the media wants every player to play like lebron. I just can't stand hearing or seeing kobe bashing on sites like espn,and others. I remember hearing first take and after a loss skip said that kobe was back to his old self chucking shooting 19 shots. 19!!! REALLY?!?! That's not chucking!! If he doesn't be perfect, he'll get bashed so bad. I can just feel the haters waiting. He's been nearly perfect so far, so they've been forced to shut up. Saying he'll shoot to much, but no, he's avg 17.8. Saying he'll continue to be so inefficient, 53% shooting. Won't pass, 5+ apg. But with some mistakes, haters will come out like cockroaches on thanksgiving...
Last edited by King of Clutch on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:55 pm

trodgers wrote:

no sir. That is incorrect. I am.
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

I feel so horrible right now being the "kobe hater". :man6: never had that happen to me before. lol
King of Clutch

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

now after one bad game from kobe all haters will come back out and put [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] on him. by the way i am one of the biggest kobe fans here in the forum
kobebryant248

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:58 pm

FYI kobe shot 47 times in a game once.... 17-47 to be exact lollll now thats chucking
Maluco Beleza

Postby Finwë on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:05 pm

trodgers wrote:

Stop it both of you, it's clearly me
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Finwë wrote:
trodgers wrote:

who is kobe?
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:FYI kobe shot 47 times in a game once.... 17-47 to be exact lollll now thats chucking

mj still has over a thousand more shot attempts than kobe even though kobe has played 2 MORE YEARS THAN MJ!!! Thats what I tell to people who get on kobe's shooting. lol
King of Clutch

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Finwë wrote:
trodgers wrote:

nope i am
kobebryant248

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:17 pm

King of Clutch wrote:
Maluco Beleza wrote:FYI kobe shot 47 times in a game once.... 17-47 to be exact lollll now thats chucking

mj still has over a thousand more shot attempts than kobe even though kobe has played 2 MORE YEARS THAN MJ!!! Thats what I tell to people who get on kobe's shooting. lol

really? i didnt know that... i guess im not the bigggest kobe homer here ......
Maluco Beleza

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:

really? i didnt know that... i guess im not the bigggest kobe homer here ......

yea it was about a 2000 shot gap at the end of last season. I was SO shocked when I found this out. Kobe's cutting into that now though. Glad he's only averaging 18 shots per game so far. Because he'll eventually pass up mj, but would rather have him do it when he's taking the lowest amount of shots since the earlier part of his career. What are they gonna say? "He's such a chucker. Passed up mj in shots taken while playing 2 more years, and shooting less shots per game currently than lebron james." lol
King of Clutch

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:44 pm

Another L... should we have just made Bickerstaff our head coach...?
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby 432J on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:07 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote:Another L... should we have just made Bickerstaff our head coach...?

yup

or maybe that moron jim buss should have swallowed his pride and hired the right man in phil
432J

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday